[AUDIO] Until It's Gone - Listen to Linkin Park's New Single from The Hunting Party

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 5, 2014.

1. VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

Imho: the mixing sucks, the lyrics started off great and then became too repetitive, but I like it a lot better than Guilty All The Same :) Oh, and where's the bass?

2. JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

I've heard it two times now (1. BBC, 2. music video) and this synth is repeating in my head endlessly now. :D

3. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

I like GATS more. Kind of a boring song if you ask me. :/

4. RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

Some parts of this remind me of Muse, especially the arpeggiated synth chords.

5. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Same. People talk bad about BGWTB's mixing all the time, but it sounds fine to me! :lol:

6. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Did the rest of the sampler have a similar "muddied" feeling to it? I really think this song would have been fantastic if they had just let the instruments be front and center.

I hope the other songs really let the guitar and drums shine and not try to layer it with other stuff.

7. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Okay I'll address some smartass comments:

No but it was the second song released in promotion of Living Things after Burn It Down. Excuse the wrong terminology.

That's literally the most black and white interpretation possible of what I said. No that's not what I'm saying. However in the past there have been songs made by LP that have not made the final cut of the album because they don't fit in with the tone of the album: High Voltage Remix on HT, No Roads Left on MTN, I'll Be Gone (longform) on ATS. In the context of what I was actually saying, what I said is valid. ;)

8. Cylock_Dnb

Cylock_Dnb Well-Known Member

Are you fucking serious? Isn't this the crappy music they DON'T want to sound like? Especially after not shutting up about VISCERAL and CARNIVORE and all that shit? Plus, is this really the best they could write after FOURTEEN YEARS into their career? "You don't know what you've got, oh you don't know what you've got, no you don't know what you've got until it's gone" ?! This song doesn't contribute SHIT to music. Nothing about it is great. I feel like they might as well have a song that says "The early bird gets the worm, yeah the early bird gets the worm, oh yeah the early bird gets the worm, in the morning!" Or "The more you know, the less you don't know, oh the more you know, the less you don't know." Come on, LP. This is fucking terrible with dull music and terrible lyrics. Fucking SOMEWHERE I BELONG is on a higher lyrical level than this! I'm completely unimpressed, I hope the rest of the album doesn't suck as much as this track does.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  9. DarkWolf08

DarkWolf08 Well-Known Member

you LP fans can never be pleased are you? :facepalm: ... WTF, it's fucking cool!!! i didn't want another single like GATS, i wanted something different and THIS IS IT!! THANKS LP 10/10.

10. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This was the worst offender, the rest were decently clear.

11. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I wasn't completely blown away, but it is still a pretty damn good song. Though it doesn't have the strongest lyrical content, Chester's amazing vocal delivery definitely makes it a whole lot better. Favorite part is definitely that first chorus. For right now, 8.5/10

12. Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

lol thanks for articulating the way i'm feeling. If this is how the album is gonna sound then it will get even less listens then Living Things

13. Jason

Jason "My pep talk turned into a pep rally." LPA VIP

This song was boring and uninteresting to me. I had to force myself to finish listening to it. I'm as big an LP fan as the next guy, but this was a sub-par offering.

14. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

This. My complaint with this song is the fact that the synth is so ahead of the drums and guitars. It's the main reason we are getting this "muddled" song, as Derek put it. Hopefully, Mike and the other members are reading this thread :-/

15. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

As much as I hate to say it...I agree with you.But Nevertheless The vocal delivery and melodies were good.Did you like them?

16. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

Its not that bad
    Besides for those Who are worried like you
    Theres the posibility that this mix is very compressed

Or mastered to be more radio friendly

17. PIFRESH

PIFRESH Well-Known Member

I love it! Sounds like HIM in parts ,but i love HIM and LP! i love it!!

18. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Did not surprise me in any new way, but it rocks regardless. The lyrics aren't much, but Chester's delivery is awesome. The bridge to the ending is the best part for me, just wish that the guitar was a little more prominent.

The contrast between UIG and GATS is already telling us that there will be variety on the album and that hypes me

19. JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

@all people saying "meh, too soft, no carnivore" etc:
    I think the song will fit very well into the album. If I imagine a whole album only full of "heavy" stuff, such a calmer yet catchy and frantic song makes the whole thing really more interesting.

I must admit that this also reminds me of Meteora, this synth and singing style, the switch between calm and storm. If there would also be these little mike-verses in the background, in between the verses and the chorus, it would be totally Meteora imo.

20. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

lol umad bro? Jeez...people need to calm down. If you don't like it you can just say "meh its not for me." And this is coming from someone who wasn't blown away by the song.