[AUDIO] Until It's Gone - Listen to Linkin Park's New Single from The Hunting Party

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 5, 2014.

1. Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Yeah...not as good as GATS for me, and I don't think a better mix will change it. But I love that the band's seriously overhauling their song structures, with Chester only screaming a little at the end, as opposed to a big bridge. I do miss those big bridges though, but in the end, it's good to see the band still(!) growing.

2. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

This better be the worst song on the album... Not impressed at all! The whole song sounds like they recycled stuff that they've done so far.

3. Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

So much whinging! But it's a given that LP fans will never be happy.

I love the song. I did enjoy GATS, but that took a few plays before it grew on me. This, to me, is an immediately more likeable song.

4. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

Is sad to read comments
    Based on Mike s commentaries
    It is only one song of twelve
    And it is a cool song

Mike also said that he know that the music
    Gives him to eat
    So there always will be a comercial element in LPs music

5. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

900 users

6. TheLPStanFan

TheLPStanFan Well-Known Member

Lol....everyone is complaining. Typical LP fans. :( with that being said,I'm not in love with the song either.

7. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

For the record 5/6ths of LP have been making music together since 1996, lol, 18 years. I'm pretty bold when I attack the band/the band's songs but you're on point man. It's like it lacks something, the 5 second choruses don't cut it either.

One of the prominent synths is similar to Skin to Bone, the bridge sounds like some "What I've Done shit" and there's keyboards reminiscent of The Catalyst there.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  8. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

Until its gone
    The carnivore song that will devore the charts

9. mastae

mastae Some Honky

I still really dig it in spite of the lackluster mix. I especially love the backing vocals during the bridge/chorus.

10. Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

well when i saw the lyric video and heard, it kinda diluted the effect.. when i heard it again without the headphones, the whole song sounded better...

still not as good as GATS and lyrics aren't upto LP standard, seems like one of the commercial point of view songs, just to keep the people at WarnerBros happy i guess

its not bad, its obviously better than something like somewhere i belong, but it wont be on anyone's top LP songs i guess.. 7/10 .. the synth grows on after a few listens and minor bridge riffs , thank god its chester singing, or this would be hard to listen again

11. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Wow, this is probably the worst received single the band has released, I totally understand why though. Same old fucking formula. Starting to think the band might have peaked at ATS.

I like the song but I don't want to. :lol:

12. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Well, that poor reception put me quite in a bad mood even though I did contribute to it... I guess I fear a return-to-force of the "ATS peak" idea, which one I hate with a passion (the fandom around it, not the record). So, jumping off the negativity train for now.

13. Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

Just woke up, and have now had my first listen. At this stage, I don't really know what to think. However, I'll try and piece together some words

For me, the lyrics are very disappointing. They become repetitive quickly. Too generic IMO. I know this song will grow on me though. I'll find something in there that I've yet to notice that will hook me.

Having a second listen as I type, and already the power in Chester's vocals has reeled me in. Well delivered, even if the words are basic.

14. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Loved it. I thought it was fantastic and it will probably be enough to get me through the month until the release. I do agree with the lyric variety was higher but I enjoy it for the sake of sake a really good mix of early and recent works. 8/10

15. Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

This is amazing! This song is EXPLODING! EVERYONE LOVES THIS SONG!!! AMAZING!!

I have had such a crappy 7 days, listening to this from my favorite band, inspires me so much. *In my best Andy from Toy Story 3 voice* Thank you guys! <3

Amazing lyrics, Chesters voice is the best I have heard on any LP song!!!

16. Cylock_Dnb

Cylock_Dnb Well-Known Member

Guys, I hate to say it, but unless this album has something truly great in it, I'm pretty much going to stop caring about anything LP do in the future. I love the band, but in my opinion, the guys take themselves way too seriously, and they will probably never be great musicians. Even the instrumentalists in the band will probably never be great instrumentalists. Chester will always have an awesome voice and Mike will always have great production abilities and his own unique sound, but they will probably never write any truly remarkable music for their entire careers. I really hate saying this, but I don't think LP was ever supposed to go further after MTM. I think more and more as time goes by about a comment I read somewhere about LP being a bunch of spoiled kids who just happened to get access to professional technology. I'm sorry guys, but after the past two albums of them having plenty of material to truly show us what they are capable of in many ways, I have realized that unfortunately they really were never that great at all. I appreciate, respect and admire their work ethic and the fact that they strive to be great artists and to grow and develop as a band, but at the end of the day, Brad is a below average to average guitarist, Dave is a basically nonexistent bassist, Rob is an average to possibly a little better than average drummer, and Joe, I don't know what the fuck he does anymore, but at least in the scratching aspect, he is, like the other guys, an average turntablist. Mike is a very cringeworthy to meh rapper, with the occasional impressive, witty line or two, but that's pretty much it, and together, Mike and Chester are pretty much the equivalent of late middle school to early high school lyricists with nothing too interesting to say. Of course I appreciate the soundscapes and experimental elements of LP, but at the end of the day guys, in my opinion, LP will simply probably never be a great group of musicians. /2cents

17. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Probably up on some What I've Done shit.

18. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Eh its alright, GATS is way better though

19. EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

6/10 easily. I heard the first verse and was like oohhh shit! Continued listening and was like damn they just wrote a song about my cellular data that I wasted listening to this 20 minutes before I got home with my free WiFi.

I appreciate the band for giving us something new within the long wait for the album release but this song is just meh.

This song feels like it could've ended up on Living Things. It's not that great at all on it's own. I'm not that big of a fan as I want to be. I'm trying to get psyched on it, but I just can't. I like the vocal melodies in the 2nd chorus but that's about it. I honestly can say this, I enjoyed BURN IT DOWN much more than this track. The difference is that track summed up what Living Things was about. This song does not sum up The Hunting Party from what we have been hearing.

20. Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

Hmm the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.

And dude... have you not listened to a single LP song? GTFO!

What does the DNB stand for in your name? Please don't tell me drum and bass... because I think that would automatically disqualify you from having any right to an opinion.