[AUDIO] Until It's Gone - Listen to Linkin Park's New Single from The Hunting Party

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 5, 2014.

1. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong. I like soft LP songs like SOTD, Iridescent, and LOATR but this song sounds like it was slapped together in two minutes. The lyrics and mixing are just bad.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  2. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Dude calm the f*ck down.
    LP IS THE BIGGEST BAND IN THE WORLD(well one of them)
    Is it surprising they have at least one song on the next record that can be played on the radio? No.
    While I still feel a radio friendly can be good(look at Waiting for the end) I don't personally "love" this either.

ATS has great lyrics. Even LT has great lyrics for the majority of the album so I really disagree with you.
    Is it fair to be disappointed? Sure.
    But if you really feel this way I don't get why you are even on this forum.

3. Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

The more I listen, the more it grows. However, I would have liked to have Rob's drums mixed a little more prominently though.

4. Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

I agree, the more heavy sections are meh. But I know this was going to be poppy because it's a single, and it needs attention

5. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Problem is, LP ain't Radiohead.

They'll probably always blend radio-friendly stuff with mellower stuff with agressive stuff with hip hop stuff with... . Like, it's in their DNA to do that, to blend all of those things. ATS was an experimental "soft" electronic record, but still had Wretches and Kinds. LT was a radio-friendly record, but still had Until It Breaks or Skin To bones or Victimized. THP will apparently be a heavier record, but yeah, as the others, it still had to have some radio-friendly songs, and probably a ballad too. My point is: you cannot expect them to erase what is their most obvious caracteristic, aka their blend of influences.

6. Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

These lyrics are amazing!!

A fire needs a space to burn / A breath to build a glow / I've heard it said a thousand times / But now I know.

I thought I kept you safe and sound... / I thought I made you strong.. / but something made me realize that I was wrong.

"Cause finding what you've got sometimes.. means finding it alone. "

These lyrics are fucking powerful!

7. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

I'll add to to this, I think this is one of those songs that requires to be heard with the entire album, I don't think this is a great stand alone song or a great single. It's a good song, definitely need to grow with it but this is why I need the album. All my opinion though.

As for Cylock_Dnb,

I hear ya man. I get where you are coming from but you just seem pretty upset because you were expecting something out of Linkin Park set by your own mind. To go as far as say they are mediocre as musicians well.. that's entirely your opinion. I am sorry they have disappointed you. I could agree and say "they are *beep* music" but I like Linkin Park, just the way they are! And you can justify and get all scientific about how they are pretty lame band and that "deuces" I am out.. but you do realize..

This is just 1 song..? We got an entire album to try out and you are passing judgment on this one song? Relax and wait.. then if you want leave. Deuces.. say you are out etc lol.

Fun fact: I used to hate By Myself , With You, and Runaway when I first got Hybrid Theory. After countless of hours listening to the album, then I came to appreciate those songs. I used to skip em.

8. zwieR.Z.

zwieR.Z. Well-Known Member

Hey guys! I've heard that Linkin Park released a new song today! Oh, and it's awesome!

9. Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

I would have thought that it is so amazingly obvious that it does not need an explanation. If you listen to dance music, drum and bass etc and you love it enough to put it in your name, that's fine, that's the spice of life.

But you know nothing about real music, so don't try and call someone a below average musician if you listen to Drum and bass and think it is great. You know nothing about real music. Any opinion on that matter is automatically a joke.

It's like a fine food critic who's favorite food is beans on toast. a fine wine expert who's favorite drink is cheap cider that gets you drunk or an art critic who is 3 years old and likes dot to dot and colour by numbers.

10. Cylock_Dnb

Cylock_Dnb Well-Known Member

Excuse me? Yes, DNB stands for drum and bass. Do me a favor, explain to me as clearly as you can why the fact that an abbreviation of the words "Drum and Bass" in my username would "automatically disqualify" my right to an opinion. I will await your answer ecstatically.

11. ryyyylp

ryyyylp Well-Known Member

Ugh im outta these forums until the album comes out. You guys are too much. Want the perfect song every single time! Enjoy the music!!!

12. Oliver

Oliver Spela Shoreline!

Aaaargh I'm so sad that I don't love it. It's a grower, for sure, but it's still something that's missing. Maybe it's an actual chorus, maybe it's the mixing that's not right, but something just doesn't feel right. The lyrics are not that good, as many others have pointed out already. I don't nkow what to think about this!

13. lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

B****, don't kill my vibe?

14. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I actually have no problem with the verses. I actually love them. Just the chorus(which is most of the song anyway)

15. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

It looks like rebellion starts with a baby laughing
    and The uig file from itunes kind of conffirms the interludes

someone else can check this???

This because i got that 4:03 itunes file
    and after uig starts some electronic noises and then a baby laughs

16. Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

THIS. I was beginning to feel like I was the only one that wasn't expecting too much of this song. It was already pretty apparent that this was going to be a softer, more radio friendly song right? You can't judge the album on one song you don't like.

17. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

After going through most of these comments, may I ask, what were you guys expecting? This song was way over hyped in the first place. The only thing Linkin Park did to build the hype on the song was to announce its premiere and release a 15 second snippet of the song. You guys all created the hype, so much that you guys thought that this would be one of the best Linkin Park songs to date.

18. Cylock_Dnb

Cylock_Dnb Well-Known Member

I'm going to politely ignore this and assume that you're either a musical idiot or simply haven't heard enough music to make the kind of generalization you just did.

19. linkin-lord

linkin-lord New Member

Am I the only one in here who's really disappointed by the song?

20. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

The noises sound like daft punk´s bridge of touch