The Hunting Party iTunes Pre-Order Now Available; Reveals Select Track Lengths

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 6, 2014.

Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

No, it was an apology with an explanation for my attitude and defending what you assumed.

Also, you twisted my words by assuming that I was attempting to be rude by saying "if you read it, actually read it." You read way to much into that comment, if you wanna take it negatively fine, but I (the writer of the post) am here to tell you that I didn't mean it that way and if I did, you can be damn sure I'd own up to it.

Give me the warning, but I didn't see this until after I responded. From here on out, I won't be responding so the warning isn't needed but just letting you know I just saw this and won't be editing my post being as I have a right to defend myself.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Just give us all the lengths. I'll be disappointed if none of the other songs are passed 4-5 minutes.

JamesLPA

JamesLPA The light on the horizon was brighter yesterday

As long as The Hunting Party is longer than Living Things I have no problem with the album length! :p

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

But I apparently don't. Also, there's a delete button, you know that, right? Also there's no way we're not getting a warning for this so I'm just going to say: Dude, there's literally NO OTHER WAY a statement like that can be taken. If you actually read what you wrote then you'd realise how the only way that would come across is condescending as all fuck. Done now.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
    Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

The problem is not the song lengths, the thing is whether we'll feel satisfied after listening to them. We don't want an album to be too short, but particularly I wouldn't like an album dragging out more than necessary. I'd have to listen to the whole thing and see then if I'm happy with the length or not.

JamesLPA

I wouldn't be surprised if the last song 'A line in the Sand' surpasses the 4-5 minute mark. I could see it being similar to The Little Things Give You Away's length, obviously it's speculation but I can't really see any of the other songs being longer than 4-5 minutes.

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

I have no problem with the lengths as long as we don't get anything under 3 minutes ;)

The next few weeks should be very exciting as I think the album will go into full promotion mode.

my thoughts exactly ;)

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

So that random UIG outro was definitely real. I liked the outro more than the actual song...so...

Arachnids

Arachnids The way out is through...

Is it just me or is the mix from the Itunes version a little different from the one on Youtube?

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Agreed. LIVING THINGS felt really short even though it was par for the course in terms of general LP album lengths. Though that's more due to the first half being pretty forgettable.

Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Again, twisting my words lol, I was saying it so he understood why I didn't delete it and why should I have to delete my comment and let you get the last word? I can't let you go on thinking you're right. Now, I hope we both get a warning since we've both replied even more.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Feel better now that you've responded? Great. Now you can stop caring about what he has to say and move on. There's an ignore feature on this forum that works great. I suggest you use it.

Both Zach and you are getting an infraction if it continues beyond this. Drop it now. That goes to you too zach.

AkirraKrylon

It's definitely a little better...probably just a product of it being a higher quality. Made me happy that the synth isn't overpowering everything completely in the iTunes mix.

JamesLPA

Yeah anything under 3 minutes would be disappointing, apart from say an interlude/instrumental track. Hopefully we'll get LPTV videos soon with unknown tracks in the background, like how Powerless was used for background music in an LPTV video during Living Things promotional phase. :)

ald_

ald_ Intensity 6

Since the iTunes version is no longer a leak and can be purchased legitimately, can someone buy it, upload it to YouTube, and let me hear the baby laugh?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

That's still an illegal upload to YouTube you know.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Completely agree. The iTunes mix made me like it much better. Things sounded clearer.

tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Is it on iTunes now? :O

AkirraKrylon

On the UK iTunes yes ;)

Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

In some countries (Russia and UK are 2 I know of for sure). Not the U.S.