[AUDIO] Until It's Gone - Listen to Linkin Park's New Single from The Hunting Party

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 5, 2014.

1. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Thanks for typing this out, Derek.

Its kind of a given that the big single released prior to any album release is always going to be the most radio friendly/safe song on the entire album so its not really surprising ;)

Oh and your description of Keys has me drooling...I've been eyeing that one since we got the track list. Love the title and love the vibe that you are giving it in your descriptions. MY FACE IS READY FOR MELTING.

2. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Just clarifying that they never said it would be like Hybrid Theory

They did however once mention it as like a prequel to HT but I wont be like HT

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Maybe people won't like Keys as much as I did, and I'm willing to admit it might not be for everyone, but for me it was a "fuck yeah" moment. Like a "this is going to be badass live" moment.

4. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I really hope Keys to the Kingdom starts off with a face melting bang! Would be great with how they are describing the album

5. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

The avant-metal-jigsaw riffs line totally convinced you, didn't it? :kappa:

6. merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

Really love this song, as always Chester's talent allows the words wether they be simple or complex to hold such a weight and meaning. One of the best singers ever IMO

7. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

Kinda weird that through all the album cycles, especially after ATS, people still keep their expectations that high?

Before you jump and cut my throat, no I didn't say ATS was bad. What I meant is that the hype building thing of LP and the previews, they are almost always misleading.

8. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

NEVER FORGET THE LINKIN PIE.

:dino:

9. xEsaul

xEsaul Well-Known Member

I've lurked through the past few album cycles. The reaction hasn't changed. I remember when people hated on ATS for the longest time. As mentioned, people consider it their best work to date.

I'm glad Linkin Park's polarizing. I have no qualms with the lyrics. They construct the music around it effectively enough for me to continue loving the band. There's no other band/artist whose catalog I know inside and out (save Jay Z). They've evolved and adapted time and time again to remain relevant. They deserve more recognition stateside than they currently get.

The band's so polarizing, I know few people in my life that love Linkin Park. Instead, I get berated for my love to the band. I've yet to find a song that I can't tolerate from them. Either when I have them on shuffle, or I listen straight through, I don't skip a single song. Does that mean I have low standards? Eh. I'm not sure. But I enjoy it for what it's worth.

Just wanted to poke in with my two cents.

Btw side note: Is the facebook log in gone? It's how I always sneaked on here. Too lazy to remember my password for this account. o_O

10. hybrid.theory7

hybrid.theory7 Well-Known Member

When ATS was released I was a 15 year old kid,I hated it.progressive rock made no sense. But after listening to a load of Pink Floyd and Dream Theater, I began appreciating ATS for being a concept album. If given a choice the only linkin park album that I would listen in a full stretch would be ATS. I doubt the same transition happening to me about LT or THP.

11. thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

This song was garbage. no originality to it, yet its a single for a major band. wheres the hunger guys..

12. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

At the buffet? Better get going. Might be a line.

13. Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

Based on these reactions, it's very clear some LP "fans" don't even know what they want.

EVERYTHING just gets hated on.

14. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

This song is pretty much stuck in my head right now. I'm sure 3 years from now I'll probably just call this a mediocre LP single but hearing this and GATS side by side made me like it even more.

I really wish people would just stop judging the album based on ONE song. Every preview of the 6 songs stated how this song was radio friendly and synth heavy.

Also, someone should give the female, in the video, another notepad. She is writing on her neck and arms. :lol:

15. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Just listened to the full thing for the first time, in really badass headphones. Structurally, it's pretty amazing. There are a LOT of background noises that could have been louder, and I agree with others the good stuff is distorted. It reminds me a bit of I'll Be Gone when the violins weren't present and you had to listen out for them closely. It needs to be mixed properly.

They need to up the volume of some of these great things they're incorporating into their songs. I also agree that it isn't all that great lyrically, but neither was a lot of Living Things. I think since they usually have 3 years between each album cycle, and now it's shrunk down to 2... things are a bit rushed or not well thought out. Overall, the song was great and I loved the ending that leads into Rebellion. The background noises sounds like something straight out of daft punk.. It's awesome!

16. BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

In all fairness I see where the hate is stemming from. You don't come out for months with a carnivorous attitude, calling out other bands, attacking pop and proclaiming to be filling an empty void in rock music just to release a 3 minute generic, 'pop' sounding song. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the song somewhat, but in complete honesty;

- the mixing was godawful, so many nice touches in the background that you can't hear at all,
    - the guitar solo bridge was nice, but very, very basic,
    - lyrically it was a piss poor effort.

Fair enough the band needs some promotion for the album but don't sacrifice your own credibility in the process, either keep quiet or have the ability to back yourself up. I'm about 99% sure the album will back-up what LP have been saying for months, but a single is always representation of the album and casual listeners and such are just going to think 'wow, these guys were full of shit'. Boom, their mind has already been made up about the album.

Like I said though, I'm well aware that the rest of the album is most likely going to be supportive of these statements from LP, but it's somewhat embarrassing as a fan to be spreading the word about the albums heaviness, only for this single to make me look like a fool and indicate Living Things Pt. 2.

17. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Trust me, there was. :sleep:

18. NotEnoughYetTooMuch

NotEnoughYetTooMuch Well-Known Member

A casual listener wouldn't have read those interviews and say they were full of shit because they're only casual fans, I love hundreds of bands even in just each rock subgenre let alone all the genres I listen to, if I read up on what I was a casual fan of, it would be to waste time, like if I was sitting in one place for four hours with nothing to do and nothing to worry about kind of time.
    I made the mistake of boasting up the band during Living Things, which I'm guessing is more disappointing but also hilarious.

19. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

I like it more than gats

20. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Please? I don't need credibility to justify my own opinion. As far as I am concerned, I am sticking with it. As great of a song as GATS seems to be, both that song and UIG are absolute shit in terms of lyrical quality. As for the rest of the album, I speak on their behalf because of the preview lyrics we were given which shows very little progression to me.

All The Same - "no I'm not your soldier, I ain't taking orders, I'm a 5 star general infantry controller"
    BURN IT DOWN - "I played soldier you played king, struck me down when I kiss that ring"
    Rebellion - "Rebellion! Rebellion! One by one we fall apart"
    IN MY REMAINS - "Like an army falling one by one by one"

and lets not forget Mike's amazing main rap track, "Wastelands", which seems to deal with war. Sounds like the same concept as "Hands Held High", a song about politics and war. Btw, did I mention they have a song called "War"?