I think it's time for LP to find another producer, or go back to Don Gilmore.

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by LPGuy, May 6, 2014.

LPGuy

LPGuy Banned

EDIT: Fuck it guys, i've changed my mind on LP after how much I realise I love Until It's Gone. I was completely wrong about that song. Anyway here were the suggestions for producers LP could work with someday.

Stuart Price (The Killers, Pet Shop Boys)
    Brendan O-Brien (Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, Limp Bizkit, Rage Against the Machine, Korn, AC/DC, The Killers)
    The Neptunes (Prince, Rage Against The Machine, Jay Z, N*E*R*D, No Doubt, Papa Roach, Bono, Paul Oakenfold, Snoop Dogg etc etc etc etc.)
    Danger Mouse (Gorillaz, Beck, U2, The Black Keys)
    Brian Eno (U2, Genesis, David Bowie, Coldplay)
    or even Damon Albarn, they could just have him produce, or they could even do a Linkin Park/Gorillaz album which would make the whole world jizz.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
    Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

What do you think about Rick Rubin? Didn't he dictated the band to go in that direction? He actually brainwashed LP by the sense that they are exhausted in writing HT & Meteora and they are tired of that sound and just needed to move on. In this case, Returning to Gilmore will be a big understatement not because he's the one who is responsible for the success of the band but trying to imagine what would be the reaction of Gilmore when they return looking someone to guide them. "So you finally realized to return & teaming up with me again for you to be famous again?" No, not really....

Look, if the band want to find a producer, then there is Rob Cavallo.. Giving him a credit on a track on Wastelands could be possible for him to be the next producer for LP soon (but who knows). I think it's time for LP to take a break for a while (maybe 2-3 years) and find an inspiration for the next record just like what they did on ATS.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Eno wouldn't be the worst choice, but it depends first and foremost what type of the album the band would want to make.

However "The Hunting Party" turns out, it'll be nice for us - and for the band - to see what they can do on their own.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The only worthwhile music LP has made was after Don Gilmore; your argument is invalid.

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

[​IMG]

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

No

But still yes.

LPGuy

LPGuy Banned

Well at least they didn't plagiarize Joe Satriani or little known artists from Vietnam..

[video=youtube;b6FpaPPtDWs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6FpaPPtDWs[/video]

[video=youtube;1Uw6ZkbsAH8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uw6ZkbsAH8[/video]

[video=youtube;8Z2x8q5wMfk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z2x8q5wMfk[/video]

:D

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Did they mix Until It's Gone since they're self producing everything besides Wastelands?

Yesterday I realized how little I liked most of LP's discography. I love parts of Reanimation, I love MTM, A Thousand Suns and the final 6 in LIVING THINGS. Everything else is, not great(except for a couple of demos and b-sides)

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I think your opinion is invalid, OP.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

As a person who really doesn't care about Hybrid Theory and Meteora I say fuck no.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

What has Don Gilmore done in his career that was TRULY noteworthy, outside of Hybrid Theory and Meteora? He produced the Lit album that had My Own Worst Enemy on it, which was a one-hit wonder, so I guess there's that...but this guy's NOT a top-of-the-line producer. That's probably WHY they had him produce Hybrid Theory, what kind of unknown/unproven band is going to get the attention of a Rick Rubin, Rob Cavallo, Butch Vig, etc. for their debut album? It doesn't happen. Don Gilmore produced Hybrid Theory because HE WAS A NOBODY. That album happened to be hugely successful, and WB was so hell-bent on recreating that success that they pretty much forced the band to record at the same studio with the same producer when they did their second album.

Don Gilmore is not some know-it-all guru when it comes to producing an amazing rock album. Don Gilmore is a flash in the pan who got lucky once.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Yeah! Astat is the man....

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Preach!

(I still like both HT and M though)

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

NOPE. NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.

Although yes, I would love it if Brian Eno or Damon Albarn (Gorillaz all day) worked with the guys, I'm completely happy with the band self-producing their stories.

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

So true.