[AUDIO] Until It's Gone - Listen to Linkin Park's New Single from The Hunting Party

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 5, 2014.

1. Crussong

Crussong Member

A "baby-cry-beat"? :D
    THAT would be something new and unique, haha. (Just kidding, Bro).
    From that few seconds, i cannot imagine what Rebellion could sound like... just few weeks left :)

2. SigmaZero

SigmaZero Well-Known Member

Finally got to hear that interlude this morning. That music is cool. Would've liked to get a full song out of that. Not so much the baby. Haha! Just the cool sounds and the beat.

3. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

UIG is slowly and steadily climbing the charts. I believe that's a good sign.

4. Mayank

Mayank New Member

If it does climb and remains there it's good but I really don't care even if it doesn't, It's their one of the worst attempt to any song, even ALTNC (Well that song sucks as well considering it is just another mediocre EDM track) was better. Even I don't know how much hatred have I got filled in me due to this song whereby earlier I used to argue anyone who called them uncreative and trash and bombarded them with Iridescent, Victimized, WTCFM, The Messenger, GATS and all.

This song has a great potential to completely ruin LP's fan base and I think they are doomed now.

When you criticize others you have got to be unmistakable at everything and be the best and I think what our 'Five star general army controller' has forgotten. He used to be my idol before this album and these critical interviews.

5. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha :rofl:

6. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

7. Andreina

Yeah I was actually in YouTube this very moment. 1.128.000+ views and just a tad below Usher's which was apparently released yesterday as well.

Not bad, LP.

8. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Using Victimized and The Messenger as defense against those calling the band trash and not creative isn't the best idea. Literally nothing creative about screaming "VICTIMIZED" over and over again, and The Messenger is probably the worst performance Chester ever gave on a song. I know it's all opinions, but to me Victimized and The Messenger are easily the worst Linkin Park songs save for maybe In Between. I personally think UIG is the best song they've done since Waiting For The End, but that's just me.

Doomed from one song that most like except "LP fans"? LOL! No one give's a shit, the band isn't going anywhere because of one song. If the band was ever going to die off it would've been when MTM released. UIG will do well on the charts and be liked by most casual fans. If anything this song will bring in new fans regardless if you or any other "LP fan" likes it or not.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  9. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

thats great! this song is doing work!

EDIT: people on youtube are saying they are going back to their old style.

While this song does sound like something that would fit on Meteora they are not going back to their old sound. Hopefully they aren't too disappointed when the album comes out. At least they shouldn't be too disappointed because the album will be heavy.

Aslo, haters will be haters, but I never understood why HT and Meteora fans keep checking for Linkin Park fan. If they really only like the old sound, why do they keep listening to LPs new music? do they expect them to return to form? and why would they expect that?

10. Andreina

Word.

BTW I just keep listening to the song and I'm loving it even more. I'm not too in-depth when it comes to lyrics, that's why I just don't have a problem with these or any of the songs they've done. Heck, some of my favorite pop artists sing in greek and russian (which I don't speak a bit of), it's just the way I listen to music, maybe I'm just more of a vibe type of person, I don't know.

Lyrics are there, and I can read them and make an interpretation, but I just never seem to go like "what did he say this? why not choose that?", it's always the way it is for me.

11. zeethebignerd

zeethebignerd Member

I personally am very happy with UIG as well as GATS, and am now even more hyped for The Hunting Party. :)

12. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

You just summed up how I listen to music down to a tee.

I haven't listened to lyrics since I outgrew my teenage angst and I'm not a 14-year-old Taylor Swift fan either, so words just fill the melody that fits in with the music to me.

13. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Indeed.. While I am extremely excited for LP's heavier side, I prefer UIG over GATS. Just all the detail inside the song was really nice, though I do listen to a FLAC version. I understand the hate in terms of Lyrics but actual song structure? It's rather beautiful and the backing vocals sound really amazing, daft punk like background noises, the warbling syth, all come together nice. Maybe not everyones hearing that with whatever they're listening to it on and LP probably needed to turn the background stuff up just a smidge.

14. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I am actually the exact same way. These lyrics dont put me off one bit for that fact. I actually like the lyrics. This song keeps getting better and better with every listen and I like it more than GATS now

15. fusionized

fusionized New Member

Ok, I rarely post here, but I really don't think everyone on here knows what "visceral" means. I think that many think it means "fierce" or something along those lines. But here's the definition;

relating to the viscera.
    "the visceral nervous system"
    relating to deep inward feelings rather than to the intellect.
    "the voters' visceral fear of change"

So in fact, most lyrics in general may be "visceral", as most lyrics relates to feelings rather than intellect/hard facts.

That's all for me. Thanks :p

(Oh, and I really like UIG, but lyrically it could be better. I love though how they continue to use synth in their sound. Both UIG and GATS feel like it builds more on ATS and LT rather than their earlier stuff. It's gonna be interesting to see how the album turns out! Especially the collab-tracks!

And, as many has mentioned, I find it a bit ironic that Mike and Chester's mentioned that rock bands are making "pop" music, yet UIG is REALLY radio-friendly, and will def get some circulation on the airwaves. At least where I live, where this will def get prime time-play at one of the biggest music stations here.)

This was probably tl;dr.

16. zeethebignerd

zeethebignerd Member

I've been listening to it in FLAC as well :)

Not sure if I like it more than GATS though, since I'm also a Rakim fan, which makes the song all the more better for me.

17. thor

thor Well-Known Member

so I guess this is it until the album releases. would love some more music

18. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Snippets will surface eventually.

19. Mayank

Mayank New Member

By doomed I mean they have got caught somewhere in the middle of the Warner's demand and what they want to do and that is what made them create this. No doubt they would pressure but this kills. I don't know what would you call it 'cause everyone has different perception but UIG could have been much much better.

No song is good to me unless it has good lyrics, lyrics pump a life to the song.

After WFTE, there has been a few more songs which are on my top list so it's only perception, The Messenger according to me has a more soulful voice of Chester than any recent songs, it has good lyrics and the tune completely fits the mood of hope and Chester makes you compel 'yes, wake up, it's not the end!'. Btw I don't know if the band has stated about the use of autotune or not but listening to recordings of his live performances anyone can simply say they use it too frequently and that is why he sounds pitch perfect which is not, it sounds more like flat. I have been grown in Indian Classical family where use of any auto tune kind of software is totally prohibited you have to be pitch perfect or else you better leave professional singing so I know when there is any effect of pitch levelling and it sounds totally flat to me. And if about Victimized, I personally like it and I make that listen to those who listen to Breaking Benjamin and tell 'LP has turned disco and now they suck'.

See my clarification of 'doomed', Btw its not the point they are going to die off one song but according to me they have only deteriorated since ATS, I Liked MTM and on the first listen LT was my favourite album but after a few close listensit's on the bottom list of the albums I would wish to listen again. Though I would prefer a few songs out of them but not the album. I expected they would improve on upcoming records, I don't know why they ever released ALTNC, I guess just to piss off fans who expected them to step up. (I listened even to it but again!)
    GATS is very lovable but lyrics are again off standards on LP's part.
    Btw I am not a fan who would praise every song whether good or not from them, If I don't like, I don't like it I will definitely criticize 'cause I would like them to be better than the rest.

20. BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

Based on the Living Things cycle, with little under 5 weeks before we get a leak so we should hear snippets within 3-4 weeks.