[AUDIO] Until It's Gone - Listen to Linkin Park's New Single from The Hunting Party

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 5, 2014.

1. master360

master360 Well-Known Member

1st listen: wow that Chester performance D:
    2nd listen: its good its good
    3 listen: all this effect synth and guitar and drums OMG

This song need more than one play thats sure

2. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Can anyone here relate to the lyrics and/or understand the meaning of this song?

3. hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

You don't know what you've got, until it's gone.

:p

4. mastae

mastae Some Honky

Seems to be about becoming someone who's worth sticking around for. Breakup song but instead of saying "fuck u hoe" it's saying "Aight, I can see why you left. I was a bit of a bitch. I need to get my shit straight."

5. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

It was a collaboration with Steve Aoki, I hate EDM as much as the next, but when you have a collaboration between an EDM music artist and a Rock band "ALTNC" is what you get. It was meant to be nothing more than a fun, quick collaboration meant to get crowds jumping and nothing more.

Of course, there are lots of Linkin Park songs that I just flat out don't like, and I criticize their lyrics a lot, I just think it's more about the delivery than the lyrics. I just think you're expecting too much out of a band that doesn't quite have it. We have an average drummer, a below-average guitar player, a bass guitar player that's hardly needed, a useless DJ, and a shoddy rapper/decent instrumentalist with a creative mind. That leaves Chester Bennington, the only truly talented one of the bunch (Mike's good too). Linkin Park has made tons of hits and catchy songs, but they've never been amazing lyricists making master-pieces of albums. Don't get me wrong though, they can be very creative when they want to, but they're pretty much wasted potential that shine through every once and a while (Songs like What I've Done, Wake, New Divide, and Waiting For The End come to mind). I should also mention that if there's one thing that's great about them it's their ability to adapt to different genres so well, it's very impressive.

I think lyrics are less important than the emotions conveyed and Chester puts on a great performance. Lyrics have never been Linkin Park's strong suite, in fact I've always found them quite "Cheesy" in that regard. I'm not bashing the band, I love them, but I'm just trying to say that if you're disappointed by a Linkin Park song because of it's lyrics, then you're listening to them for all the wrong reasons. They're a radio-friendly pop/rap rock band that you put on every once and a while when you want play something loud and exciting. That's why they've remained relevant so long, they bring something new every album that makes them fresh. Not everyone is going to like every song they put out, don't say the band is lost because of one song, wait until the full album comes out. There's bound to be a track or two that will suite you. After-all, it is sounding like their most ambitious album to date.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  6. SuperSaiyan4Kev

SuperSaiyan4Kev Well-Known Member

If you listen to the song on SPOTIFY, there's an extra 10 seconds of weird audio and then a baby sound...no joke

7. SuperSaiyan4Kev

SuperSaiyan4Kev Well-Known Member

Actually....it's the intro/transition into the next song.....

I'm really loving the direction of this album. I love that Mike decided to produce alone this time. Amazing stuff, man.

8. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

Loudwire

Rolling Stone
    Derek

What :isee:

9. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Think it about breaking up with someone but you end up missing them but he or her move on

10. RayCharlizard

RayCharlizard Active Member

Nah this song is super meta, it's about their style of music. Starts with teh post-MTM synths and then bam guitars and then silence with building synths. Fire needs a space to burn, can't be pumping out that HT shit all the time. But now that there's so much electronic stuffs that the energy isn't there and they don't notice UNTIL IT'S GONE. GUITAAAAAAAARS. DRUMSSSSSSSS. Very self-referential. Very What I've Done.

*definitely at a 6/10 on the drunk scale* :drunk:

11. finality

finality Well-Known Member

Musically, quite good for them. Lyrically, oh man. It's embarassing. I'd listen to an instrumental of it, but I can't sit through it more than once without giggling at its childishness. Are they having their kids write lyrics now? Seriously, I don't expect groundbreaking lyrics from this band -- but this is pretty horrible.

http://youtu.be/zlrq7wle-Ao

Lyrics. They're important. I know it's not fair to LP to reference a Thrice song (who're known for their exemplary lyrics), but it's half of the value of a song for me, if not more.

As an aside, I think that Guilty All the Same is a step in the right direction musically, and from what I've read from reviews, the album leans more in its direction, so that makes me excited to hear the rest.

12. thor

thor Well-Known Member

So I'm guessing not having Rick Rubin around makes a big difference then. As much as I know Mike is able to produce this album himself, they should've at least had a real producer if not Rick to work with on the lyrics to see if it's good or not.

13. Joshua

Joshua is Mr. "to many Mind"

Several people have said, that UIG is on Spotify, but it isn't in my case until now. How is that? Depends where someone lives?

14. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This thread has provided me with such a great source of facepalms since Until It's Gone came out. Linkin Park comes out with one song (ONE SONG!) that may be less "visceral" and more mainstream-oriented than what fans were expecting and suddenly Linkin Park are "doomed" or "the whole album is going to suck".

Seriously you guys? Have we forgotten how much better MTM is than What I've Done? Or how despite The Catalyst being a good song, how much greater the whole album was as a whole? One song does not make an album. You've had numerous reviewers state how this song was mid-tempo and kind of out of place on the sampler, and I'm inclined to agree. This song is not indicative of what I heard and I wish people would wait for more songs to make a complete judgement instead of basing it off of this track.

15. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Nothing is good enough for them.

16. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

This. So. Much.

17. InStereo

InStereo Well-Known Member

Even if it's the worst song on the album. This thread is about that single song I guess. And I have to agree that it’s crap. They released this as a single and they obviously want this on the radio. After having criticized rock music on the radio they release a song like this for the radio? Generic and mediocre as fuck. Rhyming wrong with strong. Are they kidding us? I’d rather listen to any Arcade Fire rip-off than to a guy who is almost 40 years old repeating the same cheesy phrase over and over again. Now, that provides me with facepalms.

18. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Make a rock song guiz we want the guitarz back!1!!!1

*does exactly that*

OMG guiz dis sux11!!111!!

In what manner is it generic?

There's nothing on the radio that sounds like this and the lyrics aren't that bad.

19. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

And weak lyrics on a lead single are a surprise for you? Have we forgotten how they rhymed heal with feel, and feel with real?

Believe me, I love this band's music (I wouldn't have spent nearly 13 years of my life on this site if I didnt) but they've never been totally consistent with their lyrics. It's not me dissing the band, it's just the truth. They've always been a mixed bag lyrically.

20. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

At least they rhyme words... Just sayin...