Final stand (Of LP).

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by EastGhost, May 6, 2014.

mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

You didn't offend me at least. What I honestly believe is that they were wildly successful in an era that fitted them only for a time, that's just the truth. I don't think its a matter of them making music that's good to listen to because they don't have it in them anymore, it's just a matter of what's deemed hip and cool by the masses now. LP and all the bands that came with the harder rock sound phased out years ago, unfortunately. Listening to an alternative rock radio station nowadays is a ghost town of shit recycled three days grace and unfortunately, over played and over-done LP (I'm generalizing I know there are lots of decent rock releases out now. See black keys, any foo fighters material IMO).

aKaRiot

aKaRiot LP Fanboy

Nah...i think they will be fine honestly. I love the direction and focus they are taking with this album especially in the context of their career...

Still have no clue how you people hate Meteora

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

aKaRiot, I know right.

Still as in love with Meteora as I ever was.

LPGuy

LPGuy Banned

I hear you aside from the Meteora put down, I still enjoy it every now and then. The Hunting Party is going to determine whether I remain interested in the band's progress, or whether i'll completely ignore them and listen to Hybrid Theory once a year. Living Things was a fuck up parody version of the band from 2003, I found A Thousand Suns to be too pretentious, Minutes To Midnight was enjoyable.. But seriously.. LP have been getting worse and worse with every album now I come to think of it.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
    Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

This is exactly how I feel.

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

It happens.

Honestly I want a band who takes risk and does polarizing stuff.

You can be a fan and not like everything.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

And at the end of the day... no one really gives a fuck if you stop listening to the band.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

If Linkin Park continue to push themselves creatively, if they try hard and craft good music, I will listen to them. Simple as that. I don't care how relevant they are or how popular they're considered. If I keep liking the music, I'll keep being a fan.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Truth.

Well put!

aKaRiot

aKaRiot LP Fanboy

I went back and listened to it after reading these forums for the first time since LT dropped...Still love it. Does not compute.

I'll be a fan until I don't like what they are putting out. I like that they keep changing up their sound each album.