[AUDIO] Until It's Gone - Listen to Linkin Park's New Single from The Hunting Party

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 5, 2014.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I agree, the lyrics really aren't that bad. Does the fact that it's an "overused" line make the song any less better? I personally don't think so and Chester sung it very well. In fact, some parts are pretty good in my opinion such as "'Cause finding what you got sometimes means finding it alone, and I can finally see your light when I let go". I honestly don't know what people were expecting and why they're even bothering to complain about the lyrics, we all know LP has never been great lyricists so why are people suddenly expecting it from them now? Hell, the only complaint I see that's valid is the mixing, there's definitely some problems there.

2. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ!

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I don't see what you're getting at? Are you saying how my reviews are similar to their reviews? Well yeah, given the fact we listened to the same song, that's going to happen.

4. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

This is always brought up, dude. I've been fine with the way they've been writing lyrics and songs since the conception of the band. The lyrics never bothered me and I was almost always able to relate to or understand them. The case still holds true.

5. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

That's easy for you to say, since you have actually heard the sample :D
    But yeah people went a little overboard this time.
    Especially on hating the lyrics. I mean don't get me wrong they aren't amazing but they aren't awful by LP standards anyway.
    The vocals on this track is on the other hand really awesome. I love how the two songs we heard so far feel a lot more closer to Chester's natural voice.

6. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Agreed.
    Exactly why I called half these LP fans a ticking time bomb in my previous comment. All it takes is ONE song for them to lose all faith in an album they haven't even heard.
    LP has one of the worst fan-bases of all time.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  7. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I will say that you are correct and that they did less 'polish' on Chester this time around (at least on the songs I heard, who knows about the other half). It seems they kinda focused more on letting his natural voice, tone and imperfections shine through. Which I personally loved. It gave the whole CD a more 'live' feel.

8. Izuan

Izuan Well-Known Member

UIG is a good song musically. Lyrically, there is not much problem to me. I enjoy the song and Chester's scream in the end left me wanting for more, and I did put UIG on repeat since it was released. And the extra sound at the end that we can hear from spotify makes me eager to hear the rest of the album.

9. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Is there some difference between the Spotify in Germany and in other countries? Well,UIG is here out on the 30th May on Itunes etc. But i cant listen to the interlude at the end of the song. It is so exiting? The problem is i cant listen to the Album Version.

btw.

I really like the Song, the lyrics are not a problem IMO, there are some other LP Tracks with similar repetion of words in the chorus etc. (BIO,THe Catalyst (maybe not a good example). Hope there is atleast a second "soft" song on THP.

10. Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

So if they're gonna make a live performance on a tv/award show or something before the tour, do you think they'll play GATS or UIG? I'm more hoping to see GATS live. A wet dream would be AOL sessions with both or possibly all 6 of the tracks. Remember before MtM was released they performed AOL sessions with WID, Given Up and No more Sorrow and couple old songs.

11. the.nookie

the.nookie LPA lurker

Well, the song is out for 2 days now and i'm actually over it already. I've listened it through a couple of times and tried to really like it since i was really hyped and all. After the excitement faded, so did the song. I don't think i'm going to listen to it as much as i did to GATS. So, i'm gonna relax now and just wait and see what'll happen with the album..

12. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

Am I the only one who hates the video? I'm tired of seeing model looking people run around and have their looks amplified in slow mo.

13. jdanek630

jdanek630 Well-Known Member

I'll keep it short and sweet: I love the track. It is a single, and an excellent choice for one at that. The music is outstanding (I love the synth over riffs), Chester's vocals sound incredible, and I love the gradual buildup this relatively shorter track sustains throughout the song. This is the best single selection they've (WB?) made since Waiting for the End (ATS) and What I've Done (MTM).

I'm not sure why WID doesn't receive more love on these boards, but it is my favorite LP track since With You (HT) and Faint (MET).

14. Vic

Vic No game no life

I'm really liking that second verse, Chester's voice sounds damn great there, very soft and calm.

15. Dannje

Dannje Member

Everyone may think whatever they want about the new songs but, I think LP is smart. They have decribed the album as heavy and visceral a lot. Think about this. GATS is exactly as lp have described it and it represent the hunting party sound and direction. It is a heavy gressive song. As you all know lp have a very wide fanbase. Some like only the heavy stuff, some only like the electronic, and some like both at the same time. Gats is the lead single that represent THP but the fans who doesent dig their heavy stuff will not be interested in that. AND thats why they made/ chose UIG as the second to interest the other part of the fanbase who are into the electronic side BUT still having the DNA of THP in that song. To get the whole fanbase interested. I belive lp have been very accurate on how the album will be. THP will probably be a heavy album but at least one song is needed to be like this to satisfy as many fans as possible.
    That is hard when a band like lp have so many styles mixed up. more people will buy it or check it out and in the end it will be better to do it like this than just release GATS only.. If UIG was made with the purpose to hook the electronic pop fans i do not know. But i think thats why they chose it for the scnd single.its smart.. I like both songs

16. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Truth. But I don't mind videos anyway ...I maybe watch them once and that's it :lol:

17. Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

The Ora side of Hybrid agrees. Though I haven't, nor plan to listen to anything aside from GATS until I get the album.

18. mastae

mastae Some Honky

I'd rather have that than Project Spark or whatever.

19. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Me too. And for a lyric video it's acually good. I'd rather have something like this than, say, the spinning figures and simple subtitles we got for BID and LGM.

20. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

So I came in to say 2 things.

First I was thinking about the song lengths that showed up in itunes. With the theory that there is a countdown, I bring another point that could further point to it. This is that Mike said they wanted to release more music before the album. Now that all depends on context. The last 2 albums had 2 songs released before the came out. (The Catalyst and WaK, BID and LGM). So far this album has had 2 songs released. 2 songs releasing before the albums have become the Norm for LP. Mike wants to release more music before the album comes out, but that could mean two things. The first is that he was talking about more music than just GATS. The second could be that he meant more than normal which is two. Now I know this is probably overthinking but you could look at it in the second interpretation and it would point to an itunes countdown along with the track lengths. Just a though.

Second,

I really really like UIG now. Its a top 4 Linkin Park song for me now actually. I cant stop playing it and I love the way Mike sings it. And Actually do enjoy the lyrics very much. THP is looking to be the best LP album for me. Both singles are in my top 5 LP songs so it must be sign haha.

I also feel UIG is better than GATS personally. Both are really good though IMO