Until It's Gone Review Thread

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by EastGhost, May 5, 2014.

1. snailharvest

snailharvest nice

yeah, the lyrics are shitty, but it's catchy, it's radio-friendly, will probably get the album attention, it's enjoyable and it generally serves it's purpose

if you was expecting it to be some sort of epic heavy rock-ballad in the first place, you was going to be dissapointed :lol:

i don't get the hate for the song tbh

2. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I think UIG could be my favorite on the album. If not then BTH fell off(my favorite LP song until 2012) or THP is just THAT good.

For this to make sense I might add that UIG has now become my third favorite LP song slightly behind BTH and might end up beating it

3. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I don't mind the lyrics because they don't have anything embarrassing or cringe worthy in them like a lot of their older songs. The lyrics are just unoriginal and repetitive, but at least they're not ''I wanna heal, I wanna feel'' type shit. The worst line is ''It's your battle to be fought'' that's a little cringeworthy.

4. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

That's not premature at all. No sir.

5. Blake

I said "could be"

6. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

4 days in and I still think of it as one of their worst songs ever, tho I do enjoy the "bell tower" ring at the beginning. The verses are not bad either, everything else is just sad. I hope it was written simply to be used as a last minute single to counter all their "heavier" tracks.

It does seem like the "Numb" of this album, but I'd take Numb over Until It's Gone anyday.

7. Shark Attack

Shark Attack Well-Known Member

Those claiming it as "the best LP song" or "top 3 LP songs" should be ashamed...

Better than the tracks on Meteora? Meteora was by no means perfect, but the only track this was akin to from it was Easier to Run, and even that was better than this garbage.

So far, both songs from HP, are extremely underwhelming.

8. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Can't believe this song was released this week. Feels like ages ago.

The lyrics can sometimes suck too much to let me focus on the music and instrumentation.

Is it not an epic, heavy-rock ballad?

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  9. EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

Updating my thoughts since some time as passed, I like it even less now. Normally this would be some hot ear candy for the first few listens but it never had that appeal like Burn It Down did. The track feels like it is missing something to push it further. Maybe Mike singing or even singing a bridge section. The track itself had potential but it didn't deliver. I enjoy a lot of their "eat em up singles" but this didn't have any flavor. It's the definition of meh. I got passed the whole "oh the band is talking about a heavy rock takeover and released this" and just looked at the song on its own. Numerically I'd give this a solid 6/10 nothing more nothing less.

This and Guilty All The Same are slight improvements in the sense that the electronics are toned down. I love electronic dance music and even electronic rock but for them to do another album like that would just become hypocritical in the sense of striving to do something different each record so I applaud them for the upcoming guitar heavy rock album that that are releasing soon.

10. Delicious Dave

There's an absolutely gorgeous choir in the second chorus but you can't hear it with all the guitar. I can't wait for the acapella to be released.

11. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

But they aren't that bad in the song.

12. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

There's nothing "shameful" about people having this song as favorite, it's called personal taste.

13. Delicious Dave

This song has gotten more attention than any of the other songs on The Hunting Party ever will. Because when the album comes out, people will be reviewing it as a whole instead of focusing on one song. :lol:

14. Blake

Its all opinions man. I really really like this song personally

15. Mitch

Mitch YTB

Opinions, mate. People are allowed them, you don't have to agree. No need to tell them they should be ashamed!

16. Delicious Dave

He thinks they're guilty all the same, too sick to be ashamed.

17. DaMU

DaMU Well-Known Member

I can express only admiration for Linkin Park's courageous effort to return to their halcyon days of mind-deadening guitar crunches, uninspired rhyme schemes, and aggressively pop song structure. This is almost as satisfying as their matching of "blame" to "shame" on "Guilty All the Same." Too bad Rakim ruined the vibe on that song with his pointed corporate takedown and creative rhythm.

18. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Despite the lyrics being repetitive, I still enjoy UIG a lot. I haven't listened to it too many times since it released to prevent getting tired of it before THP comes out. Has it occurred to anyone that maybe the lyrics were made to be repetitive on purpose to really get people to think about the message of the song? I'm thinking this is a strong possibility, as not too many of LP's songs make it a point to repeat a certain line so many times.

Lastly, I'm not so sure that the band had to satisfy Warner by making this song. It really doesn't sound like anything I've heard on mainstream radio stations (EDM and its variants, etc.).

19. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Those claiming it as "the worst LP song" or "really cliche lyrics" should be ashamed...

It's even better than the songs on A Thousand Suns. A Thousand Suns was a master piece right? Even Empty Spaces was fantastic, and that song isn't even as good as this mind blowing material.

So far, both songs from HP, are the greatest music ever written by human beings. Anyone saying otherwise will be smited by God himself.

20. EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

Why is everyone being so uptight? For fucks sake it's a review thread not a competition. We might as well turn this in to a Meteora vs. A Thousand Suns debate or some shit like that. The band has done better songs in this nature. I enjoyed What I've Done, New Divide, Burn It Down, and I'll Be Gone much more but I stated that I don't post sarcastic (what you think are witty) comments.

Shit, I still think My>Dsmbr is better than anything that we've heard from this record so far but at least I made points in why I didn't like the song as opposed to being a smart ass and falsely praising albums for attention.