The Hunting Party Album/Song Lengths

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, May 11, 2014.

Mercedes AMG

Mercedes AMG Vrooom vroooom!!

Glad to know that not most of the songs are 5-6 minutes long. This is exactly what I wanted! Two or three long songs with guitar solos or whatever while the rest having the average length. A bit confused about "The Summoning" and "War" though... :mellow:
    Maybe "The Summoning" is some type of an instrumental opening to "War"? Whatsoever, this is awesome! :awesome:

BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

Yeah, I knew " The Summoning" was going to be an interlude.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Cool! Very happy with the track times. I just hope the band made the songs into the best possible lengths, and not just for the sake of making a song longer/shorter.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

jouki

jouki Well-Known Member

Wastelands should be longer

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I hope A Line In The Sand is some crazy experimental song with lots of different sections and vocals.

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Would make sense, if the album is as heavy as Mike claims it is, then it'd make sense for the album to end on a softer note after all the craziness.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

A Line in the Sand has the potential to be something incredible. Here's to hoping.

Also I'm getting a strange feeling in my gut that The Hunting Party is going to leak sooner than we expect. Just due to the way this entire album cycle has been so upfront and vocal rather than hid in secrecy.

Last edited: May 11, 2014
    MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I guess War is going to be full hardcore. It has the name of an hardcore track, and the duration of the hardcore punk tracks Mike has been listening to.

A Line In The Sand will probably be an epic progressive softer closing track. Also, I'm willing to bet Summoning and Drawbar are both instrumental / interludes.

I'm excited :D

EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

Everything in this album cycle is coming pretty quickly now and it's surprising.

Also, stoked on the track lengths. Surprised there is a lot of longer songs on here, you'd expect a punk influenced album to have a couple under three minute tracks.

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Well, 3 over-4-minutes tracks and 3 under-3-minutes tracks. The other lengths are nothing special.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

All of the complaints on The Summoning and War being too short really make me lol. I'll take a 1-2 minute track of greatness over an overblown 6 minute track any-day. Quality, not quantity.

Considering the tracks lengths of The Summoning and War, I'm totally expecting two Hardcore Punk tracks that bleed together! :lol: Similar to the first 2 tracks of this album.

[video=youtube;73Vk-UqFR_M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73Vk-UqFR_M[/video]

LPGuy

LPGuy Banned

Sounds good, as long as it doesn't continue the long standing tradition of being worst than the last LP album.

HT - 10/10
    M - 9/10
    MTM - 8/10
    ATS - 7/10
    LT - 6/10

Approaching this from a scientific point of view, I'm not hyped at all.

nroc

nroc Member

A under-3-minutes track, we call it PHONE RINGTONES!!!

Qwerty19

This X1000.

And yeah, the hardcore punk road seems so obvious on these. Especially when Mike said that this spotify playlist ( https://play.spotify.com/user/m_shinoda/playlist/4jtb0DQ3R2ddc08HgApUHl ) was an inspiration behind The Hunting Party, and when the playlist in question consists of tons of 2:00 min hardcore punk tracks :lol:

Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

Yeah. Was thinking either Drawbar or The Summoning would be the Instrumental.

So, it looks like that Drawbar isn't. Good thing.

Qwerty19

^Drawbard was the demo title of Final Masquerade (source: the board with songs names featured in GATS studio footages). Seeing how Final Masquerade is right after it in the tracklist, it seems very likely that Drawbar is just some kind of long introduction to it, probably in the form of an instrumental jam.

Yep, Tom Morello is on it and it might sound weird to have a guest on an interlude track. However, I think what happened is that the band intially invited Morello to feature him on a proper track, then jammed with him, and then thought that the product of that jam would eventually be of better use as an intro or whatever :)

20. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

ok, I listen pretty often to some of them so this doesn't make sense to me :)

But it will be interesting to see how much "filler" material there will be on THP.