The Hunting Party Album/Song Lengths

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, May 11, 2014.

1. EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

Or maybe it really could be just two different songs. Pushing Me Away was originally titled "Cure For Mr. Hahn's Itch" (I think) and Cure is supposed to transition in to High Voltage

2. Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

That would be devastating :(

3. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Maybe....that would be a nice surprise. Though, even if it ends up as an instrumental, Drawbar could still be a great one!

4. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

You didn't... no. Just no.

Really excited for ALITS. It was my favorite title from the tracklist and now that it's known that it's 6:35 long, I can't wait to hear it.

5. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Agreed. Linkin Park needs to bring back instrumentals and drawbar seems to fit that bill quite nicely.

6. Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

Well now LP has to break 6:35 for there longest track yet, lol still waiting on a 7 minute LP track :bradwink:

7. unity7985

unity7985 Well-Known Member

Dissapointed that the summoning,war and drawbar are so short. Im really looking forward to the tom morello track. Like victimized which I like it just felt like it was missing something cause of its length. I hope I dont feel that way with those songs. I would think that the summoning and war are pretty much one track.

8. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Though I love TLTGYA (it's my favorite from Linkin Park), I'm hoping it doesn't have ANYTHING remotely soft sounding to it. I want it to be one epic closing track, something we've never seen from LP. Soft closers from LP have been done to death, literally. That's how every album they've done have closed, even their remix albums. A track similar in idea/feel to Muse's Knights of Cydonia closing the album would be EPIC, obviously a lot heavier though, and more angry. Almost similar to a Trash Metal track, which isn't too far fetched, since Metallica was once of Brad's influences to pick up guitar! :headbang:

What if A Line in the Sand was an epic, heavy six-minute, instrumental closer? :obama: That could prove to be VERY interesting.

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  9. unity7985

Is this LP!? if it is im officially really excited. It sounds like mikes laugh at the end. At could be Chester in the very beginning. It definitely gives me that death metal feel Chester talked about.

10. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Because it will be longer, maybe more "diverse", and probably more mellow and moody than other tracks, I'm sure ALITS will end up as an absolute LPA favorite, with people wishing more of the album sounded like it. I can't wait to go the cocky road in the future and quote this post and show people how I called this (though again, I'd like to be surprised) :p

But seriously, I'm pretty excited for ALITS too!

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  11. BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

No-one knows at this point.. it definitely is chester screaming, and the breaths before and after the scream are pretty natural so there seems to be no edit involved (or it's a very pro-edit!).
    Time will tell I guess.

12. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

If LP ever do a song that sounds like that (probably fake) snippet I will never listen to it ever. Sounds like Chester got stabbed in the asshole.

13. BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

I think it sounds amazing, loud and sharp.. plus two screams layered onto each other is awesome (high pitched and death growl).

14. unity7985

Me to! where did it come from?? I think it is LP. The drums sound similar tone wise to the 2 songs we have heard so far. I just wonder where it came from.

15. Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

I think War will sound something like Victimized.

But this is only a wild guess.

I'd love if the snippet above was actually legit.

16. danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

People should stop spreading that. That sounds nothing like LP. It's some random metalcore band.

I like the track lenghts. It's good that there at least a couple more 5-6 minute tracks. I guess Summoning is probably an interlude, and we'll see about Drawbar. Remember that Cure for the Itch is longer than One Step Closer so that doesn't mean that instrumentals are short songs. Drawbar could well be some sort of instrumental that leads into Masquerade, but it'd be a pity if they had Tom Morello just for that.

17. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

Find it odd there are 2 short tracks back to back. Then again, album order is done for a reason so it will be interesting to see how these 2 songs compliment each other

18. EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

If anything sounds close to Victimized, based on track descriptions I'm saying Keys To The Kingdom will, but in a much more raw, punk form. Just because a song is real short, doesn't mean it will sound like another short song Linkin Park has done before. Example: Victimized and Jornada Del Muerto.

19. TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

I feel like it's more likely they bring in Tom Morello for an instrumental. He's one of the best guitarists in the world so I would assume they would be highlighting his guitar work in whatever song he's in. To me, there wouldn't be a better time to bring him in than on an instrumental.

20. Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

45 minutes is the perfect length for an album for me.