Got News?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arachnids

Arachnids The way out is through...

2. Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

Is this new? [video=youtube;yNbiIkIWpZM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNbiIkIWpZM[/video]

EDIT: nevermind

#late

3. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

http://instagram.com/p/oETDLfC4T3/

Rehearsal gear with Brad's guitars. Looks like the old stuff with a new strat. You can see the guitar he uses on With You/Runaway in there

4. ecnaidareht

ecnaidareht Well-Known Member

I don't know if someone has posted already, but here is how the package box will look like

thp.jpg

5. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

*grab boxes* Mine! :p Lol

6. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

In kings den's "fake" review it said something about a Joe Hahn part in WASTELANDS and that wasnt mentioned anywhere, or? So why doesnt derek say anything about it? It could not be fake..
    Or the clapping and Bass before Rebellion

7. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Joe Hahn's breakdown in Wastelands was mentioned before. The clapping and bass however, wasn't. I still don't believe that review though.

8. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

But they didnt say it is Joe Hahns breakdown, they just said breakdown and Kings den said " Joe Hahn appears" or so
    I only know breakdowns in deathcore so i cant imagine what this means

Well, why didnt derek say anything about it?

9. Seanlp608

Seanlp608 Well-Known Member

Regardless of the validity of King Den's review, Derek's commentary on the six-track sampler was as thorough, if not, more thorough than any of the other written previews that have been released. We should just appreciate his write-up since he is a source we can all trust. We can't ask why Derek didn't mention specific things, such as a Joe Hahn breakdown or hand-clapping, as it was completely his choice in regards to what he decided to pick out and write about for each song. Furthermore, we don't even know if those descriptions are true. That being said, even if they were true, Derek said that he couldn't say specific things that might breach the contract that I'm assuming he must've signed before listening to the sampler.

10. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

But who else in LP would do a breakdown but Joe? Like in New Divide, Blackout and Lost In The Echo.

11. EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

A buddy of mine sent me the review and link and the link never worked for me. It would just freeze. King's Den has nothing if you search it online so it could be fake unless it was a shitty blog website that hardly anyone visited. I even asked on the post for someone to try to verify it. The only things that I can try to guess is that the Neon Indian bass intro to Rebellion was probably the end of Until It's Gone and the reviewer who "heard" the album must've thought it was an intro.

I'll try to get a hold of him through email again but until then me as the original poster, I wouldn't hold on to this review. We have the listening party coming soon so we'll see what the hell is right and wrong.

12. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Red Strat isn't new, just a backup that's rarely used: http://s19.photobucket.com/user/bulletsforthebeautiful/media/freewebs/b54.jpg.html

The very front guitar in the rack looks like it might be new though, can't see a lot of it but it's a PRS that looks like it has a sunburst/"iced tea" kind of finish.

Figured the guitars wouldn't change much. The other gear, however...

13. EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

Just saying, the guy who sent me that review was the same person who told me UIG was coming May 5, which was a day off buy before Zane Lowe ever mentioned it. Still incorrect information but very close. Still calling a bluff until this weekend when we get real reviews

14. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Thanks for correcting that, I noticed the other guitars that Brad would use for more metal songs. The funny thing is that in the studio footage that we have seen, they have been using strats for songs that are supposedly heavy instead of using other guitars designed for heavy playing (although strats are versatile). Waiting for the day The Messenger gets played on the Red PRS custom Hybrid Theory Soldier in Drop C#.

No sign of any 8 string guitars though.

15. Jayhov

Jayhov Well-Known Member

16. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

17. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

*inhales* ........I don't think so. *exhales*

18. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

The guitar players?
    Ever listened to deathcore?
    Type in "Best Breakdowns" and you will see what a breakdown is.
    And i am sure its a Metal Breakdown Not something like the songs you mentioned because it said "watch out for the HEAVY breakdown"
    Just go to YouTube and listen to some breakdowns then youll see what breakdowns are

19. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Unlikely, but then again...if you waved a million dollars in their faces (double their average asking price of 400-500k), they'd kind of have to be fools to turn it down.

20. Joshua

Joshua is Mr. "to many Mind"

"Rakim - $15-20k+"

That's almost payable, lol. Maybe i can book him and ask, if he will play "Guilty All The Same" with Lp. Maybe they do it for free, practically as a reward, because Rakim did them a flavor, rapping on one of their songs :trollface:.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.