The Hunting Party - Listening Session: Taking Place Today for LPU Members

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 23, 2014.

1. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I see no harm in that.

2. Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

Can't wait to hear 'Drawbar', 'A Line In The Sand', 'Wastelands' and 'Keys To The Kingdom'.

3. SeLDfC

SeLDfC Well-Known Member

I mean that even if it's one track that is "soft" I don't think that the album needed a soft song this time at all after all those ballads on the last 3 records
    I still think the song is good but they could have replaced it with another more energetic song.. Well maybe it fits in the album and I will look dumb with what I'm saying when the record comes out :D

4. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I would only read yours tbf.. And even I don't want to do that :lol: I don't really want more spoilers.

5. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I guess some LP fans will be disappointed by the apparent lack of soft tracks on this record, as we have been used to get a good amount of them with the past 3 releases. It' understandable.

But on the other side, I'm pretty happy that the band has actually stuck with their vision this time, and has gone 100% with it. That will make the record more cohesive at the very least. I feel like with some of their records, the band wasn't really sure where to go. Like, with LT, you can tell the guys kind of wanted to make a firecricker record, but at the same time, wanted to continue to make mellower experimental tracks, and the final product ended up sounding like 2 EP.

In my opinion, it's cool the band really made an heavy record, and not a kind-of-heavy one because too afraid to take that road.

6. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I feel like the descriptions for Mark The Graves have been really vague. I'm having a hard time picturing what this song is going to sound like. But the album altogether sounds, quality-wise, on par with Hybrid Theory and A Thousand Suns.

I need to hear Keys to the Kingdom. Derek praised it, and it sounds like and utterly nut-busting intro to the album.

7. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

edit: fucking computer double-posted.

8. ald_

ald_ Intensity 6

I just went back and read a LIVING THINGS review a month before it leaked. Some descriptions of songs were okay, but most of it was just ridiculous. It said VICTIMIZED was electronic. POWERLESS was the only soft song from the album.

9. Qwerty19

Victimized has a lot of electronic elements, and Powerless is one of two "ballads" of the album, along with RU. So those weren't that misleading. I've read worse during LT era :p

10. JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

What's about Castle of Glass and In My Remains? They are also fairly "soft", like the review called Powerless. I think they are even softer than Powerless, so if it's true what ald_ said, the review wasn't very accurate imo.

11. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Based on record it sounds like most of the songs that scream also have rapping. They need to switch it up a bit. Some songs with just screaming some with just rapping

12. Qwerty19

Well, COG and In My Remains are still quite upbeat to me. In My Remains have "heavier" parts too. But all of this is not really important anyway ahah

13. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Exactly what I thought :p

14. ald_

ald_ Intensity 6

The thing I've noticed about Linkin Park is that ever since MTM, ever album kinda had a bit of a theme. MTM was the softer rock, ATS was completely experimental and electronic, LT was almost MTM and ATS mashed up while still pushing the experimental side of their music, and THP is pure loud and visceral. Makes me wonder what they'll do in 2016.

Also, off topic, I'll bet 5$ that the next album will have the letter "T" in the album title. Hybrid Theory, MeTeora, MinuTes To Midnight, A Thousand Suns, Living Things, The HunTing Party

15. JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I was wondering about since I first heard in what direction THP is going. I'm really excited but I guess it's still a bit too early to think about that :D Better await the new album!

16. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I agree about IMR being upbeat. It's my favorite track from LT and always gets me pumping. COG, isn't really upbeat but its not a ballad either. It's kinda right in the middle.

I love how UIG is supposedly the slowest track on THP. UIG isn't even a slow song.

17. ald_

ald_ Intensity 6

Haha you're right, probably shouldn't think about the next album so early since I haven't even heard this one. I really can't wait for it. This summer is going to be almost perfect.

18. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Hopefully LP can win a Grammy with this album. That'd personally make me very happy.

19. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I don't know. All the Grammys in the "Rock" category will probably go to coldplay since the Grammys LOVE them.

More than awards, I just want this album to sell better than LT and ATS. It's been long since LP had a platinum album in the US.

20. Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

With artists like Lorde winning best rock awards, the chances of LP winning a grammy are zero. They'd have to make a studio album of ALTNC-type songs to stand a chance.