Linkin Park vs Lana Del Rey

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Jayhov, May 16, 2014.

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I'm a huge fan of both, but just to be a dick I will buy Lana's album the week after it releases and buy THP day 1. I'd hate to see Linkin Park have a non-remix album after HT to not debut at #1. I usually wait for albums to go on sale before I buy them, but I really want Linkin Park to secure the #1 spot again.

Jayhov

Jayhov Well-Known Member

I'll join you on that :) huge fans of both but I want to LP to get the #1 recognition.

TheLPStanFan

TheLPStanFan Well-Known Member

It'll be neck to neck... I hope LP can pull out a #1

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Well Lana's album is #5 on ITunes and it already has more reviews so I'm guessing more people have preordered hers. I'm very nervous.

TheLPStanFan

TheLPStanFan Well-Known Member

Eeek!! Well, she is at #12 now. Still ahead of LP though.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I don't think Lana del Rey could outsell LP.

But Jennifer Lopez though...

(and also Sam Smith and deadmau5)

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Even though I really want LP to debut at #1 always, I do like Lana and I wouldn't mind if she got it. The only thing I hate from her is that remix of "Summertime Sadness" on the radio that even all my Lana friends hate.

Faker

Faker Well-Known Member

after hearing rebellion I'm sure banana del rey have no chance

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

:jesse:

Faker

Faker Well-Known Member

a newbie can't deny linkin park first place espacily when they goo all in

linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

Lana Del Rey is the kind of artist that is popular at the moment and is more likely to sell SINGLES rather than a full album. Also LP fan base is 10x bigger than Lana's.
    Too bad Lana has lots of children fans who will buy the album on iTunes cause they don't know how to use piratebay LOL

Faker

Faker Well-Known Member

linkin park at their prime (ht-m) had a huuuuuuuuuuuge fan base even now the thing is just a few of the fans actually buy album

mastae

mastae Some Honky

I doubt LP can beat Lana even though I hope they do. I like both artists but I personally like LP more than Lana.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Billboard only counts US sales?

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Their primary charts are only US sales, but they can also report the UK charts as well.

Is nobody seriously worried about J. Lo possibly beating LP in the charts? Or Sam Smith? I'm not even worried the slightest bit about Lana.

Jayhov

Jayhov Well-Known Member

Not worried at all about J.Lo taking it. Her last album sold 83,100 copies in its first week and she's on a downward trend, not up. Lana Del Rey on the other hand hasn't reached peaked popularity. Had to look up Sam Smith. Lana Del Rey will be the true competition, trust me.

hazuki

hazuki Well-Known Member

June 17th is going to be INSANELY close against Lana Del Rey, I both expect 200k for there albums,and new comer Sam Smith could also surprise with the range of 160k. Both are my favorite artists, LP being my favorite band and lana beingmy favorite female artist. I'm buying both albums.

Nimz Lp

Nimz Lp niimz94

Rebellion Is A HIT. Let's Hope THP Sells More Now And Claims #1 Spot On Billboard 200

merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

I personally hate Lana Del Ray, her first album was a joke just fucking terrible. She had her rich father give her plastic surgery and her recording career so fake and immensely un talented. Just read all the hate critically for her over-hyped debut album it tanked especially when compared to how promoted it was/end of the year sales, artists like her are why the US sucks musically most of the time IMO. In Europe far more raw/natural talent makes it to the radio on a regular basis.
    Linkin Park are real musicians, in a few years Lana Del Ray will be a nobody.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Who the fuck is Sam Smith?

Anyway, looking at Rebellion being in the top 10 on iTunes and Guilty doing much better in the charts, I'm proud of these guys, they've stood their ground so long, and if for any reason they don't come in at #1, they will definitely come in at #2 which is still a solid spot. It surprises me that Warner is failing to promote LP. This cycle has had one of the worst promotions ever, even LT was better. With the little promotions going on for this album, I'm impressed that THP is doing so well.

The worst part of this isn't even the fact that Lana could potentially beat her, its just that (despite the dumbass nu-metal shitheads that still aren't pleased) it seems like THP is getting more positive feedback from reviewers and old-new fans alike then their last few albums, but it doesn't seem like it's helping their sales at all.