[VIDEO] Wastelands World Premiere At KFMA Day 2014

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, May 25, 2014.

Arachnids

Arachnids The way out is through...

Yeah, and let's not forget this is the live version, recorded by someone standing in the crowd.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I completely agree.

That's also another reason for some fans' disappointment tbh.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

*From what they've released it's shaping up to be just another case of them promising on thing and delivering another.

There we go.

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

This exactly. Every time is see the 'hype train' being brought up I just shake my head, because I know these are exactly the people who will be complaining when the album finally comes out (except for a few maybe). Luckily I didn't have any expectations other than the music being more guitar driven and I haven't been disappointed yet :)

murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

They promised to be Linkin Park heaviest album and it probably is...as people who listened already said!!!

Linkin Park won´t be as hard as Slayer or Megadeth suddenly...and people should know that by now!!!

The Free Element

The Free Element Well-Known Member

THIS. People is becoming too snobby. It's ok that not everyone has to like the song because hell,not everyone have same ideas,but here standards are becoming far too high.

Mateo

Mateo Name is Mateo. I tend to Over Think It.

Very catchy, and easy to like for any LP fan. It just brings my mood down hearing all the comments about the imperfections, that I hadn't noticed before. This is definitely my favorite of the 3. Guilty All the Same is a great but it got old real quick.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
    Blackee Dammet

But those were LPU guys, right? Superfans? How many superfans do you know are going to come out of an exclusive listening party saying "I don't know guys... it actually sort of sucked" if that's what they actually thought?

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

It's like people are expecting Linkin Park to pull a Kid A. It's not going to happen. I for one am excited for The Hunting Party.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Yes, totally this. And it's why I don't get it.

punkkidskater

punkkidskater Why So Shinoda?

Have you guys seen these circulating around the internet? I hope it's not infringing on any rules (also knowing it's from another fansite) but I found it interesting that all of this artwork is even available anywhere.

wastelands.jpg

rebellion_single.jpg

insanefanboy

insanefanboy RIP Chester Bennington

Super late, but I wish the début of a song was the studio version. Also hype naturally leads to inflated expectations. Some people naturally expect the second coming if there expectations are too high, and let's face it, given how much LP have hyped the album up, can anyone be blamed for being disappointed with some of what we've heard so far?

I have the same amount of expectation as I have every album: I want what has been promised to be delivered. Until it's Gone, has certainly NOT been anything like what the band has been touting. Wastelands, from what little I've heard of it (I listened to the preview only) has fixed my complaint of GATS just barely. Chester's vocal's aren't as weak, and it sounds nice and heavy.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

And the thing is, I don't know when Linkin Park suddenly got elevated to god-status and people suddenly started expecting Brad to become on the level of Tom Morello/Jimi Hendrix/Jimmy Page, Rob to become Neil Peart and Chester/Mike to become Freddy Mercury lyrically. Would I completely jizz if that happened? Sure, but I'm not going to put that kind of expectation on the band.

Linkin Park make great music, but I feel we the fans (myself included at times) put unrealistic expectations on their music. For instance, there was a huge portion of the fanbase ready to bail after Meteora because it seemed like the band just kept making the same music over and over again. So they listened to us [and themselves] and branched out with MTM to deliver a truly underrated album, and while the anti-Meteora fans were pleased, a whole new group of angry fans raised up in their place. Fans who wanted the old sound back, and felt this new 'softer sound' was weak/bullshit.

So the band, feeling they needed to continue to prove something...set out and made ATS and created what is likely their most creative, and diverse record to date. But some fans were still not pleased and called the record too 'slow' or 'soft'. The band agreed (with the slow part), and set out to bring energy back in their music by creating high energy 'firecracker' tracks with LIVING THINGS. It pleased a lot of the fans who wanted the energy back, but also pissed off people who wanted A Thousand Suns level creativity and songwriting and didn't get it.

So here comes The Hunting Party. A record that brings back the hard edge of the band's debut, and seemingly moves the band forward technically/creatively (GATS being a good example)...and people are already hating it before they hear it in full or before it's even released.

This band it seems, can never win.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Those look incredibly fake.

Mercedes AMG

Mercedes AMG Vrooom vroooom!!

Let's just enjoy the song, shall we?

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

This thread :facepalm: Arguing on a song based on a live recording? Oh c'mon.... :hmm:

Blackee Dammet

Well at the same time why wouldn't a rock band who for well over a decade has been talking about genre busting and creating unheard of sounds be held to a different standard than a maroon 5 or Flo Rida? I love the fuck out of some Coldplay tunes and that's pretty much as typical pop as pop gets, but they're not writing up manifestos about the embarrassing state of pop music and promising to blow peoples minds before they release an album, do they?

I get your point, but just boiling it down to "How do you hate this soft pop but like that stuff?" is really taking a lot of the details out of it.

Clever Name

Clever Name Well-Known Member

I literally have no words for most Linkin Park fans. They'r just mind boggling.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

But Linkin Park always have been hype machines for their records. This promising of mind-blowing aint nothing new. Remember when Meteora was supposed to sound like Pantera? You take the rants about the state of rock out of this album cycle, and you have the same thing the band has always done. Which is push the hype to 11 in their interviews, promotional videos. That's why it's the responsibility of the fans to read between the lines and come up with their own conclusions rather then create their own hype train that can never be satisfied.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Linkin Park did pull a Kid A. It was called A Thousand Suns. Though After Kid A Radiohead continued to evolve and experiment while after A Thousand Suns LP sort of started back tracking instead of moving forward.