[VIDEO] Wastelands World Premiere At KFMA Day 2014

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, May 25, 2014.

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

I now when a guy named MIKE has his hands in the game, it's gonna always sound GREAT!

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

It's gotten to the point where ATS elitists are becoming as irritating to listen to as the nu-metal fanboys. They've become absolutely insatiable. They'll like 1 or maybe 2 (if they're lucky) songs from The Hunting Party and then deem it a failure. And they will express this opinion as loudly and irritably as the nu-metal fanboys have for the last 7 years. They did it with Living Things and that pattern will surely continue onwards until they receive those precious songs with "obtusely experimental structures and lyrics crafted from the greatest of poets".

It's sad that some people can't just enjoy music for what it is anymore. Whether it has a cookie-cutter pattern or not.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

I remember Chester describing Living Things before the release as "an album with layers of electronics will huge walls of guitar," paraphrasing. He also compared ATS to a post-apocalypse movie, which I forget the name of. Linkin Park have always about building hype, that will ultimately disappoint some fans. This is true.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

All the comments and critics are hurting my eyes... :cocainefan:

ChazyChaz92

ChazyChaz92 Well-Known Member

Sorry but it's so fucking boring. Always the same discussions.

Discussion 1: ATS is the best LP album by far. If someone like Meteora more than ATS (like me), this person has no good taste.

Discussion 2: Every fucking song since ATS has bad lyrics. Really? What's with Castle of Glass? Roads Untravelled? Powerless? Wastelands and Guilty All The Same have good lyrics too, imo. And -> good melody+meh lyrics > bad melody+good lyrics...

Discussion 3: Ultra hype before release and ultra disappointment because 'bad' lyrics, or persons expect something else...

These three things, every day, again and again. Come on people. Wait till u have the album and enjoy the songs we have now..

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Didn't Chester say ATS was his favourite? I hope he did.

Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

I really like the live version. Hopefully we can the the full studio version tonight or maybe later on this week.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

But by the time THP will drop this June, then THP will be his new favorite record.

Mercedes AMG

Mercedes AMG Vrooom vroooom!!

I'm outta here...

insanefanboy

insanefanboy RIP Chester Bennington

I think the band can win, I never moaned once that Meteors was to similar, I have never understood the hate toward ATS, that album fixed everyone of my problems with MTM, I never said A Thousand Suns was too slow, and certainly never had any problem with the creativity aspect of both A Thousand Suns or Living Things. As I've said only from what I've heard of THP the promises haven't delivered, but I'm sure the rest of the album will.

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

THIS a thousand times! Can't believe people are still expecting LP to be poets when it comes to the lyrics or fucking Dream Theater or Rush when it comes to song structures/complexity in their playing.

This song has everything I love from LP. This record is going to be amazing!

BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

But both descriptions are accurate?

Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

The only thing this song needs is more cowbell.

cloudscream

cloudscream Static

The chorus sounds like Guilty All The Same's chorus. You can actually sing the lyrics to the tune of GATS. :fuckadoodledoo:

lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

This thread pretty much describes the overall LP fan base: a bunch of whiny babies who needs their diapers changed and a pacifier stuck in their mouth. Personally, I like all of the new songs so far. UIG took a little while to grow on me but now I rank it a solid 8/10. Sounds much better than the current crap that plays on the radio.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
    Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

We're not all babies...I agree with what you said..

Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

Exactly how I feel! ATS is my favourite LP record, it´s highly underrated and has created big expectations. My expectations for Living Things were super high, turned out to be shit. Anyways, LP creates album without label (expectations go up again), hearing guilty all the same (expectations go up). It is because 'A Thousand Suns' has brought me to bands like Pink Floyd and Radiohead that I have such high expectations for Linkin Park. Besides, Brad doesn't have to be as epic as Tom Morello. Good music doesn't have to be difficult in any way. Simplistic music is the best! But yeah, like Mike said they're a bunch of idiots and don't have a Roger Waters or Thom Yorke. Expectations always hurt and living without expectations will always be better. Can't wait to hear the album and the album version of 'Wastelands', the bridge sounds epic!

lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

You sir understand me

SeLDfC

SeLDfC Well-Known Member

All 3 songs are great!! I will love the new album I know that

I really belive that all the A Thousand Suns fanboys are worse than the Hybrid Theory and Meteora fanboys..

20. Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

Yep me too!