[VIDEO] Wastelands World Premiere At KFMA Day 2014

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, May 25, 2014.

1. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

I heard the live version and the snippet. The official version will still be quite different, but it's gonna be hard to hold back. I want to wait but at the same time, I really have no patience and have been on the edge of my seat waiting for any news/anything new on this record. If I had the patience... I wouldn't have listened to UIG.

2. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Can't wait to hear it live myself!!!!! Turtleguy wasn't kidding when he said the hook really catches on. I've been repeating it all day.

3. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Honest question: Did you read this thread?

There's an imaginary flame war going on here with one side essentially shouting at nothing/no one.

4. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I listened to it as the full version was performed.

Though now, I'm definitely done with pre-album stuff. There's still rougly 33 min of new music we haven't heard a second of. I don't want to miss the great feeling of discovering all of it at once! (hint: you should do the same :p)

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  5. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

6. Dannje

Dannje Member

im just Reading your comments, im not going to listen to it. some say wastelands sounds like something from meteora and ht, others say it sounds like WTCFM or something totally different. i have no idea what to expect. the biggest complaint seems to be about the song structure but you cant judge the whole album by 3 songs structures, the rest of the album will probably have twists and turns and break out from the normal style of songs. every freaking song doesent have to be cutting edge super different so be good, it can still be fantastic, its all about how it acctually sound as a whole, ATS had some standard song structures to but still was epic whEn you listened to all the songs. i Think it will be the same with HTP hopefully. we know that GATS, ALITS and maybe mark the graves have potential to be very different plus interludes

7. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Well, I am
    German and this is new to me. And even if this would be true we are in an international forum where everyone should respect the importance of intercultural communication. Actually people should always try to also understand other peoples point of view without judging them if you ask
    me.

Despite that I don't think this discussion will
    lead to anything if you are categorizing all ATS fans as the worst while inventing your own musical genres (every bit of electro = techno...).

And regarding LP and electronics ... they always used them, HT had actually a lot of electronics as had Meteora.

We are all here for the same
    reason so I think we should all treat each other with respect :)

And to get back on topic: I was able to listen to a 4 second snippet before my youtube app stopped working. This is a sign: I will wait for album release and not listen to snippets

8. tripleh3lix

Yeah, I've been going through the entire thread. I haven't said much until I saw the cliche negative comments.

Fact is: All my friends I've sent the link to have enjoyed it, and every single song that has been released on this record so far.

Just get tired of people complaining and man.. Truly don't understand the negativity. But it's the internet.

9. IllogicalSystem

IllogicalSystem Electronic

SONG NOT TECHNO ENOUGH *_* PASS

10. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

Needs Skrillex or that Steve Aoki guy thing. Wub, Wub, Wub.

11. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

This thread is 10 pages long. I can count on one hand the amount of posts in all 10 pages that were really negative about Wastelands.

The rest of it is either positive reactions or people decrying Linkin Park fans for being so negative about the song (which, again, was about 3 or so posts in the entire thread).

I must have woken up in the twilight zone. :lol:

12. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Yeah...This is actually true. You makes me feel dumb now :lol:

13. tripleh3lix

[​IMG]

14. Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

"Yo dawg, I heard you like bitching" :lol:

15. RYFO

RYFO Active Member

This song feels like another "Until It's Gone." Note that I said feels and not sounds. The lyrical structure is vastly different and I didn't hear any synths, but after one listen I'm already repeating the chorus in my head over and over again. And I think that's exactly what they were going for. I didn't even listen to the raps because I want to hear those perfectly in .mp3 quality, but the chorus alone has me hooked on this song. For the next few weeks it's gonna be nothing but "Until It's Gone!" and "In the wastelands of today..." played over and over again in my head.

16. JamesLPA

JamesLPA The light on the horizon was brighter yesterday

I never said it wasn't anything special, I think it'll also sound amazing on the official version! :) Though I'm guessing your comment is generally aimed towards everyone and not just me :p

17. tripleh3lix

Until It's Gone is amazing to me structurally. Definitely a good thing in my book. It definitely has a very big WTCFM vibe though.

18. mastae

mastae Some Honky

I love these videos! Considering shelling out mad cash to see them now. Love how much The Catalyst is worked in throughout the set.

19. Arachnids

Arachnids The way out is through...

Dude, stop.

20. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

I know right? Stop freaking killing the hype train.