[VIDEO] Wastelands World Premiere At KFMA Day 2014

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, May 25, 2014.

1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Brings a whole new meaning to Wastelands.

2. SigmaZero

SigmaZero Well-Known Member

Hahahaha! Oh dang

3. Bawa

Bawa Could wait to see tomorrow.

Watched the whole show, damn was it ever good. That is definitely a highlight of it, such a good performance from Mike and Joe.

4. ald_

ald_ Intensity 6

You watched the whole thing? As in, you were there, or saw it on the internet? Please tell me you saw the entire thing on the internet, it'd make my night if I could watch it all.

5. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Definitely. The medley was so reminescent of Reanimation mixes and the hip hop flair they've harbored for a longtime. Yet for some ungodly reason, they're reluctant to include this style into their studio releases. That style of delivery in the verse from the 'ViceTone Skin to Bone Remix' is what I've been waiting for since his work on tracks like 'High Voltage', 'Dedicated', 'Rock & Roll (Can Never Hip Hop Like This) Pt.2'. Unfortunately, this is a farcry from what we'll be getting on The Hunting Party, but fuck it! It's going to be a blast!

6. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

The most interesting part to me is the synths, and you can barely hear it. Hopefully it's a bit more prominent in the studio version. Honestly, this should have been a single over GATS or UIG, I personally think it's very radio friendly. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the next single.

7. Hrvman

Hrvman Well-Known Member

You are an mma fan that loves linkin park and has a Shenmue signature, are we some twins separated at birth ? lol

check my highlights video you may love it http://vimeo.com/63973375

8. mastae

mastae Some Honky

Someone said they mashed up No More Sorrow and The Catalyst? I wanna hear that!

9. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

search the Until Its Gone Live Performance, they used it for an intro...

10. Michele

*FIRST DOUBLE POST* :clap:

11. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The Pride days. ;_;

Long live Fedor.

12. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Anyone else think the Lift Me Up/Let Me Go over Bleed it Out is kinda stupid? :lol: A Place for My Head should be a staple there. It was so perfect.

13. Michele

:doge: such original , want more, lift up , let down

seriously, isnt a bad bridge but there was so many better bridges before...

14. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

They should keep the No Roads Left bridge for Bleed It Out. That was awesome.

Anyway, listening to the preview of Wastelands, it sounds like it would be an awesome WWE entrance song :lol:

15. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

16. Vic

Vic No game no life

17. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Just to clarify something, not sure if it's been posted in this thread but I'm not about to scroll through 13 pages to check: The first 18 seconds of the video in the first post are not techincally part of Wastelands, it's part of the outro transition from Runaway that they've arranged for this tour. Mike raps the first verse of Wastelands over a variation of the beat from the bridge of Runaway, and while that's playing, the tempo slows down a bit and transitions into the "real" start of Wastelands. That's why he raps the first verse twice.

18. unity7985

unity7985 Well-Known Member

Really happy about this song. I was worried all the songs were going to be more of a punk kinda vibe with fast guitars but this song has a nice groove to it. It really reminds me of something from meteora or mtm. One thing i was curious if other people noticed is on the studio snippet we have, the guitars sound much more polished like there older albums as opposed to the more raw feel they have on guilty all the same. I actually prefer them polished so I was happy to hear that. My one gripe about the song tho is the chorus, it really is way to similar to guilty all the same as far as the vocals go. Im also a little surprised with how simple this and until its gone are. Dont get me wrong I LOVE both of them. But compared to guilty all the same they are much safer and typical LP. Im curious to hear if any other songs are a little more crazy which I would think they would have to because with all the talk of expanding the sound of there early days etc etc I was surprised to hear how safe UIG and Wastelands are. Doesnt matter though cause I love all 3 songs so far. Im really curious to see if that clip floating around with the gutteral screams that sounded like chester is actually a song on the album. I did try to go to the link and it was taken down which I thought was interesting.

19. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah, someone had asked me if that part was in the studio version and I clarified it wasn't.

20. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Uggggghhhhh so tempted to listen to it. I told myself I wouldn't do this!