The LPA Anime Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by SuperDude526, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Recently caught up with Naruto Shippuuden. This shit is getting fuckin' redundant. All that power Naruto has is something being pulled straight out the ass. The author and editor should have halted with 'Sage Mode'.

2. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

K-On! is slice of life but only really OK. Kill La Kill is better but I really am in the mood for slice of life. Blach.

3. Vic

Vic No game no life

K-On it's fucking beautiful, now I'm watching Seikon no Qwaser and it's ecchi as shit so it's not recommended for al audiences. I'm also watching Digimon Tamers again, nice memories there.

4. Snail

^ so, basically hentai without the fucking. Wow.

5. Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

No Game No Life is surprisingly awesome. The "battle" scenes are pretty spectacular and whilst it does have its fair share of fan service it isn't too in your face about it.
    Enjoying it a lot.

6. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=RWPyM9afQ-w[/video]

EVERY SERIES, EVERY EPISODE, EVERY MOVIE, UNCUT, SUBBED, NEWLY DUBBED, ON DVD, BLU-RAY AND DIGITAL STREAMING, WITH A BRAND NEW NEW SERIES TO BOOT IN GLORIOUS ORIGINAL HD FORMAT.

Usagi explosion. :timothy:

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaas.

Sorry, Sailor Moon was my jam growing up. :sweating:

7. Snail

That's a pretty huge deal. What an underwhelming approach in advertising it though. LOL.

8. Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Me and you both, buddy.

Color me intrigued!

HOLY SHIT YES

9. SuperDude526

So to tide myself over I read Girl Friends again. This is a serious contender for the best manga I've ever read.

In other news, I'm thinking I might try Nisekoi and Inari Konkon. What did people think of those anime?

10. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Inari KonKon Iroha was very good. It is not a super enegetic show though. More subdued. It is only ten episodes and it covers the manga well enough. I enjoyed it more than Chu2ren at least.

Spoiler: glosses over a lot of the yuri...

11. Vic

Vic No game no life

Looks very interesting. Also I might give a try to Gokukoku no Brynhildr, I read what it was about and looks very promising.

12. Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Gokukoku no Brynhildr is insane. Prepare for a bumpy ride my friend.

13. SuperDude526

I guess the yuri pairing isn't the canon pairing? I mean whatever, I can read it in addition to watching it.

14. Vic

Vic No game no life

Wow! Nice I'm up for it :lol:

15. Serenity

I've only seen one episode of Nisekoi so far and I have to say that it hasn't done all that much to convince me to watch the rest of the series. I guess my affinity for rom-coms that start out with a silly premise is starting to wear a little thin...well, just a smidgen, at least.

16. SuperDude526

I'm sick of the tsundere/girl-on-guy abuse dynamic. Toradora! was the only one that did it totally right, with the possible exception of Haruhi Suzumiya (and I wouldn't even really consider that tsundere per se).

17. Serenity

Yes, it does get quite a bit grating after a while. And almost always played for laughs.

18. SuperDude526

It's just hella annoying, whether played for laughs or for reals. Do you know anybody who seriously acts like that, let alone somebody who acts like that towards someone who then ends up falling hard for them? There's just so much suspension of disbelief I can handle before I just drop a series.

19. Serenity

I'm sure it happens, it's just much more uncommon IRL than anime in general makes it out to be. And it probably has to do with wish fulfillment as well, I'm guessing the culture in Japan is such that the demographics watching these types of shows rather enjoy tsundere-type characters. I see this sometimes with Western fans as well when reading posts in anime forums or Crunchyroll/Youtube comments; tsundere is weirdly appealing to some people.
    I'll admit I like a few tsundere characters here and there but I feel like there's a fine line to tread upon when writing someone like that. Same goes for male tsundere characters, which are of course far less prevalent. The problem is that tsundere seems to be shoehorned into every other romantic comedy these days. It's like they've run out of archetypes (or stereotypes) to use. :lol:

20. SuperDude526

The reason tsundere is used so much is because it's a cheap way to create character relationship development without creating an actual character. The entire point of tsundere is she goes from combative tsuntsun, gradually to affectionate deredere. This looks to us like the character is changing, and so it appeals to us because the girl seems to warm up to the male lead. All it really is is lazy writing.