[VIDEO] Wastelands World Premiere At KFMA Day 2014

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, May 25, 2014.

1. NimaLP

NimaLP LP Persian Soldier

At least the name of the song isn't "The Wastelands"

2. Izuan

Izuan Well-Known Member

Nu metal fans, ATS fans.. While I am just a Linkin Park fan. I love every music they did even the soundtrack for games (Mike Shinoda). Can't wait! Come on release Wasteland already! I know I'm going to enjoy it.

3. zeethebignerd

zeethebignerd Member

4. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

You know what would help in giving people an idea of how many liked something and how many did not?
    Polls.
    LPA needs a polling thing when a new song releases so that people can vote. So that time, it won't matter if one or two negative comments are made if the majority seem to love it. It also helps in easily understanding how something has been received.

5. Jovertop

Jovertop Well-Known Member

why is it so important that the majority loves it? for me this will be a big album and im happy with that

6. NimaLP

NimaLP LP Persian Soldier

intro guitar riffs sound like Avenged Sevenfold Blinded In Chains outro

7. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

It would take away the misconception that usually leads to arguments in these threads. It would save like 10 pages per thread and also give an idea about how much the song is generally liked.

8. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Haha, me too. i have "NOC Out" & "Saa'iq" in my Playlist.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  9. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Feel free to make a poll in The Hunting Party forum asking people to rate the song on a scale of 1-10. May want to wait for the studio version though.

10. Rippin on That

Rippin on That Stared at the sun once

So far I'm pretty hyped about the new songs! Wastelands in particular is sounding pretty good with it's catchy chorus and almost upbeat/happy vibe it's got going on I can't wait to hear the studio version for the ending bit where Chester sings it softer and also starts to do his awesome screams.

Also I have watched quite a few of the videos of this show in particular and I have to say I'm quite jealous of the people who got to see the whole thing because it looks like one of their bests performances to date, I especially love how they mixed the old with the new and even threw in a Fortminor track to boot!

If this what their future shows are going to be like and if their first 2 and a bit songs are anything to go by for their new album us Linkin Park fans are in for a hell of a good time. :D

11. Orange Box Nerd

Orange Box Nerd Drop the Keys to the Kingdom

not to me, imo the riff to Wastelands sounds like the riff for Dead Star by Muse

12. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

That technically would defeat the point is trying to accomplish but I feel that arguing would happen anyways

13. peterilo

peterilo will we burn inside the fires of A THOUSAND SUNS?

You are making me post here after a while, man we are in a thread about MUSIC so "techno" will always be taken as a genre. Your statement is one of the most childish I've ever read.
    You must be deaf if you can't hear "technological" sounds as a background in almost every song in HT.
    After all ATS fanboys will always have better musical arguments to use, not only to LP fans that hate ATS, but for people that criticize in general.

14. elcappucino

elcappucino Like that.

So that's the song I was thinking about when listening to this! I just keep hearing that high-pitched distorted sound they play when they repeat the main riff from Dead Star when listening to this song.

Also, I really like this one. I'm excited to say the least.

15. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

Dude, overall it were pretty much other technological Sounds on hybrid, and even if there where the same Electronic elements, hybrid theory was pretty heavy unlike a thousand suns.
    No, YOUR statement right now was childish, because everyone has his own opinion it doesnt matter if they have arguments.
    I didnt say i hate a thousand suns, i said i like every album more than ATS

Please stop defending an album now people

16. Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I am just assuming that NikoLpSoldier is a level 99 Troll. That's the only way I can handle these posts lol. I get why you people are getting aggravated but come on, what's the first rule of trolls? Just ignore their statements and move on with your life. It's easy to do and please do it.

I'll keep it short: Song sounds great. Short and sweet. Love that bridge where the chorus goes more melodic. Sounds like they are still working out some kinks (GATS sounded like a hot mess outside of Rob killing it). And of course thanks to the LPA member who took the time to record and post this.

17. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

I dont see what you guys arent understanding about my posts
    I guess you cant handle it when someone doesnt like your favourite album as much as you do :bradwink:
    Yeah i said techno, and that is because i do not listen to any Electronic music i just hate it.
    I am calling everything techno that sounds Electronic, sorry that i am not so familiar with that Kind of music and cant say a specific Genre or whatever that Linkin Park used Sounds of for their albums

i guess you are just mad because someone has an other opinion than you do

18. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

your opinion is wrong :bradwink: :lol:

seriously, i can see what you mean, but i do not understand where the problem is. You dont like ATS , ok , no problem. Your opinion. No one should critizise this.

19. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

xD
    Yeah i know but everyone does it and i dont know why ._.

20. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

i think we shoul stop it here and talk again about the topic.

I #SayNoToLeaks

GATS and UIG show me enough that this album will be atleast "good" for my standards.