[VIDEO] Wastelands World Premiere At KFMA Day 2014

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, May 25, 2014.

1. tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

The messed up intro Brad did was due to technical issues or…?
    Also, how does he do the "wah" effect?

2. Mitch

Mitch YTB

Mike and Brad's guitar didn't work at different stages throughout the song. Mike's didn't work at the start, they finally got that fixed and then Brad had trouble with it until it started working again from the last chorus on-wards.

3. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

What you said brings up a point that I was trying to prove earlier. You guys may not want another ATS but that doesnt necessarily take you away from being an "ATS elitist." ATS fans like to go around and praise it as the best thing ever (which they have the right to do), but they do it 24/7 and while doing that, they bash other people's opinions, make it sound like you're opinion is wrong if ATS isnt you're favorite LP album, and a lot of stuff like that. They just bring you down if ATS isnt you're favorite ATS album. Ive seen it a lot on this site. They are very similar to "nu-metal" fans and have become worse than the "nu-Metal" fans IMO. (probably because I Avoid Youtube)

4. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Do you know what a metaphor is?

5. Blake

Yes, but I dont think its the best metaphor tbh

6. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

You had me fooled.

7. LinkinParkHotspur

LinkinParkHotspur Well-Known Member

There's A LOT in this post I could respond to. A lot I could say I disagree with. But rather than talking about that which would be pointless and a losing battle (since I know that the majority of people on here agree with almost everything you said and would get riled up if I attempted to refute it point by point), I'll just say this. I'm really glad that you aren't in the band. Because if you were during the time when Living Things was being written, there's a good chance I wouldn't be a fan of the band right now. And I suspect that the majority of fans outside of this website probably wouldn't be fans anymore either. But yea, that's just my thought.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  8. Blake

:clap:

9. Anonymous Person

Anonymous Person You promised me flesh!

I like metaphors in poetry. When brilliantly executed along with similies it can make for a beautiful poem. *wakes up out of bed* Waah? huh? Oh, writing poetry in my sleep again...

10. lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

Personally I enjoy having discussions with people who differ from my opinion on any LP song. Really, I do. There's been occasions where I changed my mind about how I felt about a particular song after having the discussion, that's my evolution as a person. What's hard to take in as a LP fan is that people attribute one song they dislike to the demise of the band. The argument becomes so hyped and sensationalized that it takes a life of its own and is no longer productive. While not of the same importance, it's kind of like watching people talk about the demise of the US because of Bush or Obama. They will take actions that are small in magnitude, but people will cry about the demise of the US as a result of that action. At that point it's like arguing with crazy people who won't see reason, and it becomes really frustrating.

11. Mateo

Mateo Name is Mateo. I tend to Over Think It.

All though I am on your side of the "argument", it wasn't random, Andreina mentioned something about him using a Pentium II running Windows 98. He was replying that bit to her.

12. Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Yes tech issues and iirc Brad and Mike's pedals are not on stage. They have rigs backstage and their guitar techs trigger the pedals when necessary. They don't get a lot of stage wear and tear like bands that have huge pedal boards on stage.

13. lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

There's no reason to have the pedals on stage, it does not require much skill to use a wah pedal correctly lol. The guitar problems kept happening, Brad switched out his guitar after the first chorus of Points of Authority. Initially it sounded like his new guitar was tuned in Drop C instead of Drop C#, but I think that was my mistake in listening.

14. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

All i can say is:

I am a Linkin Park elitist (love all the albums)
    And its fun to see each other raw about bullshit
    Because when the album drops all will be claiming it as a masterpiece
    Andbest álbum of all times

So far the three Songs are good
    And i believe those are the softest of the album (with alits) for what i read
    Because wastelands is not that agressive

15. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I've been following this thread for the past few pages, and I've heard everyone's views and opinions loud and clear. A few of you have stated you feel this place has become incredibly negative, and as much as I feel part of this is temporary and only due to it "being an album cycle" I still understand where some of you are coming from and appreciate you voicing your concerns.

Part of the chaos in this thread is my fault and I apologize. It kind of started with how vigorously I defended Wastelands earlier in this thread (despite only 3-4 negative opinions existing), and things sort of spiraled out of control from there and turned into a big debate. I admit it and I apologize. Nonetheless in the interest of preserving the enjoyability and integrity of these boards during album cycles, I'm going to ask that people please keep this news thread and future news threads on topic. Please only discuss the news topic at hand, and keep out of topic debates to their own threads. It's perfectly fine to debate, but such debates should be kept to Linkin Park Chat (the forum, not the thread) where people can choose to debate these subjects if they desire to do so. It shouldn't pollute and flood news threads, thus forcing newbies and veteran members to scroll through thread after thread of constant bickering. It ruins the enjoyment of these boards during album cycles, and it's quite frankly unnecessary. I don't care if it 'comes and goes' with each album cycle, doesn't mean it has to happen during this one.

So yes, I contributed to it...and need to follow my own rules I put above, but let this be an end to this. If people want to argue over certain things, make a thread for it outside of the news forum. But if you're going to argue...be respectful. I've seen a lot of belittling and condescending remarks by certain members lately, and those won't be tolerated. "Be Respectful" is a rule, so if the rule doesn't get followed...warnings will be handed out accordingly. Let's enjoy this album cycle together, not perpetuate further drama.

16. Anonymous Person

Anonymous Person You promised me flesh!

*sniffle That speech...i will hold it dear to my heart. No, seriously, it was a good speech!

17. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

I think the ATS fans are just as bad as the nu-metal fans. I like both ATS AND Meteora...shocking. Two of my favorite LP songs are Numb and Catalyst...shocking again.

18. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I have to say, I am really enjoying this song. I know that my enjoyment will only increase once I hear the studio version, though. Contrary to what others have said in this thread, I feel that this song does have quite a bit of aggression driving its high energy. I can easily see this being used as a "stadium rock anthem" or a "pump up" song for working out. I really do hope that the overall vibe on this forum will be more positive once we have the album, as it is disheartening as a fan to see other fans be less-than-thrilled about a new song from what could be their favorite band. It's safe to say that different tastes in music will inevitably lead to the polarization of a given song.

19. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

I think it was a result of their first concert because I noticed there were several mistakes playing some of the newer songs except for Wastelands because well we haven't heard the correct version yet lol.

20. Blake

RT