[VIDEO] Wastelands World Premiere At KFMA Day 2014

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, May 25, 2014.

1. Izuan

Izuan Well-Known Member

Do you think they will release Wasteland before the album come out? If so, when do you think they will do it? Have they ever release more than two singles before for an album before the actual album came out?

2. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

In terms of singles, I don't think they've done more than 2. But in terms of actual songs released, they've definitely put out more than 2 songs before an album has officially dropped. The Meteora Music Player from the days of yore comes to mind. I believe the ATS release cycle had The Catalyst, Wretches and Kings and Waiting For The End out prior to the album drop.

3. tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

Oh, "it's a shame". I've always liked when a band does itself as much as possible on stage. Like trigger the pedals, start the intros (like Papercut intro), etc.
    Starting the intros is a job Joe could do to show some service :lol:

4. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

"Blackout" and "When They Come For Me" as well.

5. Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

Seems like this may be one of those not-spoken-of single releases. It would be a pity if that's the case, I believe Wastelands would go down better with fans and the masses alike.

6. Izuan

Izuan Well-Known Member

Yep. From the snippet and live recording I do think Wasteland is something that a radio can play.

7. morfeo

morfeo Active Member

I'm curious why there is no info about classic music video for one of the released songs. So, I think, it is possible that "Wastelands" would be a single with a videoclip. (IMO close to album drop out.)

8. Rippin on That

Rippin on That Stared at the sun once

It would be a shame because I know a few guys who would be quite amped about this song. Having said that I don't think any of Linkin Parks songs will be played that much on the radio in my country. Only time i actually heard the songs being played was when they announced they were coming here. There was a sudden convenient rise in airplay for their songs. I haven't even heard Until it's Gone or Guilty All the Same yet so i doubt it actually makes that much difference here.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  9. Izuan

Izuan Well-Known Member

That will be awesome!

10. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

Uhm i could have signed up too back then but i didnt want to, what does that have to do with growing up with those albums? Doesnt make sense
    Listen. I was a Kid when i heard Meteora and HT, and as a Kid i didnt care if there are new concepts or whatever i just loved the music
    And this opinion wont change.
    I have many memories associated with Meteora and thats because i love it, Meteora is the hardest Album to play instrumentally too and thats why i Jam to it

And for Killer undies:
    Stop complaining. Youre not the only Lp fan and you have to accept that there are newbies incoming because of THP, but you guys who are on this forum for a long time arent better because of your time spent here
    You should accept it that there are other people on that forum with other opinions
    For me, i signed up because of the new album but before i did i was checking this forum since the MTM Release

___

I am not going to post anything about this ever again.
    I dont want to argue about opinions

11. Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

Where about in South Africa are you from? I'm in Durban. I agree, SA radio would never play something like GATS or Wastelands.

12. Rippin on That

Rippin on That Stared at the sun once

Johannesburg. it's very unfortunate that we don't have any kind of dedicated rock radio :(

13. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Guitar player here, nope. Care to back up that statement with hard proof? Because power chords are REAAALLY hard to play.

14. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Best move you've made in this thread yet. Especially considering I said not even a page ago for people to stop arguing and stay on topic. You've said what you needed to say, now move on.
    FYI, what I said earlier applies to you too. Stop egging Niko on. If you want to debate how much you think Meteora sucks, take it to another thread.

15. marcleo

marcleo Active Member

Even here in Cape Town, you never hear Linkin Park, all you hear is this crap about One Direction!

16. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Well, i am sorry for you guys :( it has to be hard.

17. Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

Here in Finland on Radio Rock (most popular rock station) 'Guilty All The Same' has been played 214 times and it's the 9th most played song of the year ;) http://biisit.info/rock/

Btw this is our countrys "One Direction" that is played on the radio a lot and is pretty hated band here. 0 originality. Everything is copied. :D

[video=youtube;M7K_H0KDUZM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7K_H0KDUZM[/video]

18. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

You listen to the radio that much, huh?

19. BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

Thats brilliant! and not even surprising, GATS is a classic and I don't know if it can be topped in this record.
    Here in Australia, GATS has been played.. 0.. times..
    yeah..
    ..well..
    mm :unsure:

20. marcleo

marcleo Active Member

Would I comment if I don't listen to radio? Yes I listen to the radio everyday on my way to work and when I leave