[AUDIO] Wastelands - 1 Minute Preview

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 25, 2014.

1. Jovertop

Jovertop Well-Known Member

haha :D perfect description thanks

2. blackout.

blackout. Well-Known Member

No problem. :D This sentence was half-joking, half-serious, but I think I hit the crux of the song.

3. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

Woah, best description ever
    I wouldnt have done it better xD

4. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

LOL the LP logo gave Chester the only mowhawk.

5. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

That's the most accurate description of the song I've seen so far ahah

6. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

That description is pretty good :lol: The drums aren't much like When They Come For Me though. They really remind me of Imagine Dragons, especially the clapping part at the start.

7. darmart123

darmart123 Member

Amazing!

8. tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

Maybe you're right.
    But I'm not a fan of this kind of "egocentric" rap. Yes, I know it's a "standard" all emcees have at some point, but I think Mike did better raps in the past.
    Note that I'm not bitching, just pointing what IMO are the negative aspects of the song.

9. SeLDfC

SeLDfC Well-Known Member

Wtf man the song is much more heavy than these songs it has brutal guitar kinda more angry rap and it has chester screaming... This song is heavier than GATS in my opinion

10. BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

I like Wastelands, but No (Chester only shouts in this preview) & no.

11. merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

This song sounds great IMO.
    Funny anybody would care if it sounded "too predictable" when since Meteora on an actual album LP hasn't put a song like this on any album, sure "Bleed it Out" uses rap/rock but not with the same sound as a HT/Meteora song. 14plus years ago LP revolutionized the nu-metal sound, sure bands like Korn were out there and others but none of those bands had the distinct dynamic differences that Chester & Mike were able to bring, so by the time HT/Meteora were released LP had perfected the nu-metal sound which no band will ever best period because LP made the most out of nu-metal with HT being the gold standard for which all other nu-metal music will forever be judged. So yes "Wastelands" may sound predictable but it's been over 10 years since Meteora and I'd take a whole album like this and be very happy. I absolutely adore ATS but only LP have ever made music like "Wastelands" sound great so knowing that this plus "Keys To The Kingdom" are on THP is the best news any lifelong LP fans could have hoped for, if only because there is still by all accounts a lot of variety besides 2/3 "nu-metal reminiscent" songs. And once again I can not reiterate enough that LP hasn't put a song like this in over 10 years on an album, yes "LITE" is close but the guitars are clearly meant not to sound "nu-metal" reminiscent" in favor of a more electronic sound, but clearly "Wastelands" is meant to make people think nu-metal and that's something although I had accepted couldn't be happier to hear.

12. blackout.

blackout. Well-Known Member

I'm glad that you like my description of Wastelands. Haha. :D

13. Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

That sounds more like it! 8)

14. NotEnoughYetTooMuch

NotEnoughYetTooMuch Well-Known Member

I love it this album is gonna be awesome

15. Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

Sounds great. I wish it had more aggressiveness to Chester's lyrics. Since the riffs are amazing, it seems like Chester's lyrics don't really match.

16. soun'wave

soun'wave can't shake the shock

It's got a bit of a Fort Minor - Cover and Duck feel, or even a little bit Rage Against The Machine like, but with less funk.

It's always nice to hear Mike front and centre, in the last few years he's really settled in to a nice style, and has locked in some pretty nice flows, just going at the track.

17. lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

From this preview and hearing it live, Wastelands has become my favorite track of the three we've heard from THP. I love the guitars into the verses and the jarring change to a quiet bridge. For me it's been Wastelands > GATS > UIG, I've enjoyed all three for different reasons though and that is very good news for the rest of the album.

18. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I'm really digging this preview of Wastelands. It must have been difficult piecing all of these different portions of the song together to make one cohesive preview! I especially like that intro, as it sounds pretty different from almost everything else that band has done at this point. I can definitely understand where the WTCFM comparisons are coming from as the song progresses with the drums, though.

19. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

Derek was right, Wastelands is a Song for People who only like the old LP too
    I think it has a 2002 feel to it, not so many new sounds or ideas but its f***ing epic and those synth sounds during Mikes rap sound like something from older Rap songs from Mike/Lp like step up or something

20. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Agreed 100% with this post