[AUDIO] Wastelands - 1 Minute Preview

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 25, 2014.

1. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

Oh I am looking forward to CD-quality of this.. exactly how I envisioned from the live version.

2. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

We are in YOUTUBE :isee:

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Uh I never ever said that about wastelands ever? Why are you putting words in my mouth? Did you even read my review? 0_o

4. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I also think that this song is reminiscent of their older sound but still seems fresh. I'm really liking how Chester and Mike's parts complement each other in this song. What I'm curious to see is whether Mike and Chester will bring back their "back-and-forth" method from songs such as Forgotten and With You. There may be other songs in this style but that's all I can remember for now. This is one of my favorite styles from these guys and I would certainly like to see it return. They have great chemistry when they just go at it in a song and reinforce one another. This is why Forgotten is one of my absolute favorite songs from LP.

5. Shadow

The good guy vs bad guy thought approach? I think we might see 1 or 2 songs in this album with that. I expect more of what I heard in Living Things and ATS in terms of their chemistry. Mike did that in The Rising Tied (Red To Black) but this is just me since they are going with the 80s / 90s approach I dunno if we will see that. I mean Mike Patton from FNM did it but he was his own Chester and Mike lol so it might be possible.

Here's what I'd expect, that formula you mentioned except when the chorus comes in, Mike singing and Chester as backup as I haven't seen that being done yet. Because they did that in a singing style in Roads Untraveled.

6. TheLPStanFan

TheLPStanFan Well-Known Member

Forgotten is my favorite Linkin Park song of all time. Nothing will ever take that title away.

7. TheLPStanFan

TheLPStanFan Well-Known Member

I've listened to this snippet over 100 times lmao. Can't wait to hear the full, high quality version.

8. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

The only thing associated to you was that i said this Song pleases the old lp fans too, the other things i said were my thoughts
    Yes i read it what do you think of me? xD
    Maybe i am mixing your Review with turtleguys Review :')

9. Xpeerahmental

Xpeerahmental Well-Known Member

Man, that clapping/drumming/electronic medley is so catchy. Just that sample in itself makes this song very enjoyable to me, regardless of the very familiar sounding rap verses and chorus.

After such a bouncy hook, I just expected it to maintain a little more of that excitement, and not be somewhat ballad-y and flow-y.

That's not to say that this song isn't in its niche perfectly though. I'm just seeing where it could of gone with such an awesome bit to it. I'd give what I've heard of this song an 8.5/10, my favorite thus far.

10. Captain

Captain New Member

Attached Files:

11. Shadow

Yea, I am starting to believe that Runaway-ish intro isn't part of the song. It almost seems like he did what he does in the live shows when he starts P.O.A. with that extra rap verse.

12. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It's not. As both I and astat said earlier, it's the outro to Runaway blending into Wastelands. I've heard the studio version and the song starts way different.

13. lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

Yeah, they played a shortened version of Runaway that immediately blended into Wastelands. As soon as I heard the new lyrics I knew it was going to be a new song (I was hoping there would be a new song) and started recording, which is why the video starts so abruptly.

14. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Derek. I know you've gotten a ridiculous amount of questions but I need to know, how different are the other songs chorus compared to GATS? Because Wastelands sounds stupidly similar(I still like it though)

15. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Derek. I know you've gotten a ridiculous amount of questions but I need to know, how different are the other songs chorus compared to GATS? Because Wastelands sounds stupidly similar(I still like it though)

16. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

So it's always the same. this YOUTUBE FUCKERS are bashing on Wastelands too, saying the old shit again "WE WANT THE OLD BLA BLA AGAIN". oh i must cry.

17. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Didnt see the problem, people who HATE (bashing etc) all after Meteora or M2M should just go away and cry. Its ok to critizise something (i didnt hear Wastelands yet, so i cant see why these "people" are crying. BUT if you cant critizise something without bashing, you are an idiot and you should "give Linkin Park up".

Cant see why people think that LP will bring the "Nu Metalz \m/" back :shrug:

18. Faker

Faker Well-Known Member