Mall - First Official Trailer, Directed by Joe Hahn of Linkin Park

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

Many people seem to be convinced that it's Mike singing in that song, I didn't think so originally because it sounds very different from what I expected he could do. Then again, Chester did mention that Mike sang on the early demo for "All For Nothing" from THP and that he didn't know Mike could sing like that, saying he sounded like Helmet. So I'm really excited to hear the OST of this movie :D

The movie looks interesting, and since it has Peter Stormare in there (Prison Break ftw) I may just be inclined to watch it :p

2. Bawa

Bawa Could wait to see tomorrow.

Sounds like a female pop star <3 Poor Mike xD

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

If that IS Mike singing...dude needs more vocal time on future records. Sure he sings a bit on the tracks I heard so far on THP, but dude needs fucking more songs. :lol:

4. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

This isn't even a high post count

I don't tell you "all" the things I do.

And I said that because I edited my post into a post above the post I replied to on accident. Because of that, maybe he/she would not see my response if I didn't say I responded

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  5. HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

All I hear is Mike.

Tres bien.

6. Oliver

Oliver Spela Shoreline!

That chorus is just insane! I have listened to the trailer realistically 100 times, and I just want the damn song NOW! THIS is what I wanted LP to sound like after ATS, it would have been AMAZING. At least for me, because I found rock and metal through HT, Meteora and MTM, and then ATS got me into softer stuff, and now this is what I want to hear! I hope the OST has more "soft/indie" stuff like this!

7. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Damn people, there's being excited for something and then there's getting a life and not being a creep. A lot of ya'll just simply don't know how to act.

8. Bawa

Bawa Could wait to see tomorrow.

Hey, this isn't as bad as the old Slipknot forums. All they would talk about is what kind of shoes Corey wore, or what kind of hair product Jim was using.

9. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

10. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

That kind of thing happened here once upon a time, but people got banned for that bitch shit.

Instead of taking the trailer for what it is, 90% of the people that have replied to it didn't even care for the movie aspect. All they cared about was the damn music clip. While it does sound rather interesting, what pissed me off are people saying it's the best thing LP has done.

Are you fucking kidding me? Out of all the discography that's what you think? And it's not even just this clip, it's like when something new comes out. Anything. OH. #2 LINKIN PARK SONG FOR ME ALREADY.

Get fucking real. It's okay to like something but don't put that shit on a pedestal so quickly. Attitudes like this remind me of the Meteora cycle, which is one reason I can't stand thay fucking album (aside from it being not that good to begin with). At least when Burn it Down came out people were honest with the song.

This has got to be the most annoying album cycle since 2003.

11. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

This song has the potential to be in my top 5 LP songs just based on this clip. Mike's voice sounds like an angel on this track, so beautiful and amazing.

12. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

13. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

:rofl:

14. Rippin on That

Rippin on That Stared at the sun once

Hey now people are allowed to voice their opinions. There's very little point getting upset over them.

I would personally take people being excited and posting over enthusiastic posts on how good a song is as opposed to everyone disliking it and talking about the good old days of LP, I can go onto YouTube for that. I would honestly advise you to maybe give this forum a break if it's getting to you as your post is coming off as quite hostile and I'm pretty sure you don't actually want to cause any bad blood between you and users who enjoy this song.

On a side note I really don't think much of this song and I very much doubt it's A line in the Sand, if it is it had better get heavy pretty damn fast after the bit we have heard.

15. Blake

I guess people on this forum don't like positivity :dno:

Just trying to stay positive. And I do really like the clip, is their something wrong with that?

Still waiting for Turtleguy as well :D

16. Deadlyeyes552

Deadlyeyes552 Well-Known Member

I wonder if Joe worked with Ghost Town Media,I spotted a scene that looked like a boy tripping out on some shit turning into a wolf,lion or something hahaha Around the 1:31 sec mark. Looked a lot like Ghost Town work

17. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Basically regurgitating what I posted over at LPL...although perhaps in a bit more agitated rant-y manner because the LPL topic didn't deteriorate into 11 pages of speculation over the obvious.

The fact that it's 2014 and we've heard Mike Shinoda sing on countless studio recordings dating back to the chorus of Believe Me in 2005, yet people are STILL speculating that the singing on the song in this trailer is done by anyone other than him shows just how bad the majority of Linkin Park fans' listening skills really are. The tone is Mike. The range is Mike. The vowel shapes and diction are Mike. People are questioning the range being too high and saying that if it's Mike, he's doing things they didn't know he was capable of? Christ, Mike was singing higher falsetto parts than this live way back in 2000 on the Points of Authority verses. This is standard midrange clean singing with a few points that cross into Mike's falsetto "break point," nothing he hasn't done before. We know what the Linkin Park band members' voices sound like, it's certainly not Chester or anyone else in the band, and the only non-Linkin Park member featured on the soundtrack to the movie is Alec Puro, who isn't primarily a vocalist and also doesn't sound anything like the voice in this trailer in the few examples I've been able to find of him singing.

By exercising basic listening skills, the only logical conclusion to come to is that it's Mike, and by process of elimination, it HAS to be Mike. The vocals also don't have any unusual effects on them other than typical levels of pitch correction/reverb found on numerous other Mike studio vocal parts. I knew with 100% confidence that it was Mike after 3 words, and I'm sorry, but I'm literally sitting here rolling my eyes at the subsequent speculation about this. Believe it or not, you CAN confirm certain things with good ol' logic, people.

Also, predictably, the "this sounds better than anything on THP" comments start showing up, coming from the same group of people who said that Until it's Gone was better than Guilty All the Same, and that Guilty All the Same was better than anything on Recharged, and that A Light That Never Comes was better than anything on Living Things, and that every single thing the band has ever released has been better than what their previous release was until something fresh shows up to take its place. It's new, therefore it's the best thing ever. Always. So predictable.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
  18. darmart123

darmart123 Member

I don't know why, but from what i read in the song's descriptions, this song may be A Line In The Sand.

19. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Okay then. It fucking sucks as bad The Hunting Party will suck. That's what you want to hear. Okay, come on everything surrounding the Hunting Party and the released songs has been negativity but with this people are happy for once. It's a change. I agree on this cycle being annoying though. I wasn't here for the ATS cycle so I don't know what it was like but the LT cycle was awesome. There was actual hype and excitement for it, probably because it was following up ATS and people expected it to be as good.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  20. Blake

Astat went in.

And I'll take my L for not reasoning at first

That is what a lot of us have been speculating. We still need TurtleGuy to confirm or deny this assumption