Mall - First Official Trailer, Directed by Joe Hahn of Linkin Park

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

Jesus Christ, so many panties need un-bunching ASAP.

2. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that a majority on this forum wanted a "Rock album"... It's actually the opposite I think. Mike is not that wrong when he claims agressive music has lost the appeal it once had to people.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  3. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

You implied it

4. Bawa

Bawa Could wait to see tomorrow.

That is pretty much exactly what you were implying...

5. Jayhov

Jayhov Well-Known Member

2802732-drama_llama.jpg

6. Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

:kappa:

Gotta say I really like what I hear from the trailer. Definitely more appetizing to me than what I've heard from THP at this point, and this is coming from someone who is apparently one of the minority who likes UIG.
    Also pretty interesting to see a bit of Hahn's directing style as well. Looking forward to the actual film.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  7. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Of course I implied it, not just to one single person though.

I'll put people om my ignore list if I need to. It's too difficult to do things like that on my mobile.

8. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

That's Linkin Park fans at their finest for ya.

9. tallmarkymark

tallmarkymark Linkin Park. Circa Survive. My Morning Jacket.

I'm literally face palming at all these arguments.

10. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I liked UIG. It's simple, a little repetitive, but not to it's detriment.

11. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Well I know I'm not that type of person :kanyeshrug:

12. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

I'm sure people will love the album. At least older fans. Not super sure about the newer fans they've gained. I happen to be a fan of both and both sound just as fucking awesome.

13. Serenity

I agree. And it's quite catchy as well, so that helps.

14. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Haven't heard the clip yet.

Pretty brilliant post from Astat, and to some extent I agree with KillerUndies, especially on his first post.

As for the movie itself, I'm not really a movie person, never been, but I found interesting that Peter Stormare is in it. I hope it does a good job for what it is.

15. ald_

ald_ Intensity 6

Wow. Out of all things, you guys are arguing about how excited you can be for a song in a public forum? Sometimes I feel like LP fans just look for things to argue about. Did it ruin your day so badly that you had to rant about it to the internet?

The music sounds incredible. I'm glad we'll be getting a harder album like THP and possibly a more poppy OST album for Mall. Don't get me wrong, I have high hopes for THP and I lLOVE Until It's Gone and Guilty All The Same, but I can say that I am just as excited for Malls OST as I am for THP.

16. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I honestly find the drive-by passive aggressive posts more annoying than the ones excited about the song. Yet again another thread has descended into generalizations and arguments about... I don't even know what. This superiority complex bullshit has got to stop. If someone getting excited about this song makes you so annoyed that you have to write about it, then you need to take a break. We've seen this shit before, we see it every album cycle. The biggest problem is people coming in and making blanket statements about "everyone in the thread" or even worse, giving percentages and shit.

I know it's crazy, but maybe people can objectively like this song more than anything off THP based upon what they've heard so far and initial listens. Maybe they don't. I've seen good reasoning for both and to dismiss either by posting a wall of text without a direct quote to the member(s) in question is the most ridiculous way to go about addressing it, because you're not promoting discussion, you're just arguing... at nobody. Don't get me wrong, it's not just this topic and it applies to all pointless arguments.

You'll probably find that if you did go back and read through the majority of the thread, it's actually full of people making good points, but for some reason they get drowned out by people making general assumptions and calling out the anonymous "LPA" and "LP fans" for thinking a certain way. Seriously. Stop. This. Shit.

From now on, any blanket statements about "LP Fans" will be deleted unless they're directed at a certain post or person because all this arguing over fuck all is polluting the news section. I'm an Admin and even I don't give my opinions because every thread devolves into something that just fell out The Chemist's arsehole. Alright, back on topic, no arguing over fuck all and just keep discussion direct and civil and not condescending.

17. Serenity

[​IMG]

Anyway, back on topic...hmm, didn't know Astat had written a post, I'll be looking for that ASAP. He's always got great insight on this stuff.
    After a few listens to the trailer, yep, still really like the music. And I have to note that there are some pretty trippy moments in there, so that should be interesting in the film itself. :thumbsup:

18. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Joe wins the thread.

Back on topic, I wonder how much of the noise is for the trailer specifically and how much is for the song.

19. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Movie looks pretty awesome. It was posted on an LP fan site, of course it's for the song :D Which I BELIEVE to totally be Mike and 90 percent sure it is, and it's amazing.

20. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Well put, Joe. Everyone is sick of seeing those posts that you are referring to.