Mall - First Official Trailer, Directed by Joe Hahn of Linkin Park

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

TL;DQ (too long, didn't quote)

Bravo. Joe can Derek :kappa:. Although I do feel a bit guilty for agreeing with certain 'blanket statements' along recent news posts, it's definitely a move for the best to take action in the way you present it, because I also admit I've become annoyed at how 'polluted' the news forum has recently become. I'm here almost all day and you can only see me post once or twice and randomly pop out in the shoutbox because I want to get away from the crap. Hopefully we can carry on discussions in a better way.

------

I was just wondering, since there is a French Amazon listing for the movie DVD set to be released on june 18th, will there be any screening at theaters at all??

2. leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

Finally got home and was able to listen to the clip. That is some awesome stuff! While I'm definitely excited for The Hunting Party I was curious what direction the soundtrack work was headed and think this sounds really cool so far.

To be honest, I'm not at all interested in this movie. The only thing I've been looking forward to in regards to it is the LP-produced score/soundtrack. I don't like Joe's short film or any of the music videos he's directed so I likely won't even watch this.

SoundCloud link to the clip for anybody who wants it

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  3. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I will agree on one thing, Joe's music videos have been a bit sub-par

4. Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

I've been wondering that as well, I didn't get the impression that this would be direct-to-DVD or anything but I suppose it's a possibility.

5. Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

The movie looks great, I definitely will be eventually checking it out.

As for the song, DAMN. Mike at the top of his game on his singing. It would be interesting to see if this really did end up being ALITS, how the song would explode into a monstrous rock song. Either way, still excited for both releases.

6. tallmarkymark

tallmarkymark Linkin Park. Circa Survive. My Morning Jacket.

I blasted the trailer in my car and the song sounds much better!

7. stringsibanez

stringsibanez ...

I feel like if I've ever generalized at a thread without any direct quotes, it's 100% because there's usually 10~20 pages of thread before I get to them, and after reading the whole thing (to make sure my comment hasn't already been made by someone else) I'm just honestly too lazy to go back through all those posts and find the one's I'd need to quote.

EDIT:
    I feel like there are really only 3 types of music videos:

1) Videos that tell a moving story which, in the best-cases, derives some meaning from the song and enhances it's enjoyment.

2) Videos which provide something to stare at other than a blank screen and keep the listener engaged just enough to prevent distraction. (A basic performance video or visual effect keeps your attention away from that interesting article you might otherwise be reading.)

3) Videos which themselves are distracting from the song and, in someway, detract from the listener's enjoyment of the song.

I would say that, for the most part, I haven't found any of Joe's music-videos with Linkin Park to be in the bad/3rd category. Maybe not always mind-blowing, but always at least okay.

8. BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

Movie looks interesting, i'll be checking it out for sure. Can't believe people are saying this is better than anything THP is putting out, lol. Song is cool and all, but THP is still the top pick in my eyes. Still be neat if this was A Line in the Sand.

9. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Stagelight: Linkin Park Edition

10. BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

I am about 98.764% positive that is Mike.

Also does fit the description to ALITS, but most likely isn't.

Always good to hear new stuff, film looks weird but I shall check it out for sure :)

11. linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

TurtleGuy where are you? :)

12. JMWLP

JMWLP Member

TurtleGuy C'mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

^^see what I did there :teehee:

13. BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

My nickname is loch. My favourite band is Linkin Park. Linkinloch, I am suing you for stealing my identity.

14. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Yes, where is TurtleGuy?

15. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

You can only hear people repeat "Where is TurtleGuy" in multiple posts across multiple pages so many times by the same people before you have to say that constantly asking that question isn't going to make him appear any faster or contributes to any discussion

16. cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

Holy shit not what I expected! I'm definitely interested in this film.

17. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Our excitement for this movie and soundtrack seems to have been completely justified! :awesome:

Whether or not that's Shinoda's singing or even an LP track at all, the soundtrack looks to be AMAZING based on what we can hear

EDIT: and, man, they're really plastering "LINKIN PARK" everywhere

18. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

The movie is going to be good, at least visually. Not a big film guy so can't make any judgements on the trailer.

And the song. Can't say it beats THP as a whole as I'm not the lucky guy who got to listen to the whole thing, but this is kinda surprising than GATS, UIG and Wastelands. Well GATS IS surprising but that's because of the Heavy direction, and not the song itself. Anyways, if it turns out to be A Line In The Sand, then THP is really going to be interesting.

19. Arachnids

Arachnids The way out is through...

Man, that chorus is making me cry. Equally excited for the score as I am for The Hunting Party.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if that actually turns out to be 'A Line in the Sand'. I could definitely see heavy guitars and drums coming in after that break, at around 1:45 (that is, if it is supposed to be a break). Am I the only one?
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind if it actually is ALITS, or even if it is a completely different song. Either way, it's going to be good. :D

20. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I can tell you that "Guilty All The Same" never excited me as much as this does. :)

We should find someone who can confirm