May 30, 2014 - Lisbon, Portugal: Rock in Rio Festival 2014

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 29, 2014.

1. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

This (0:37-0:46)

[video=youtube;alv_R5U-9Q0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alv_R5U-9Q0[/video]

and this (1:50 and onwards)

[video=youtube;F_N1D1xEU3s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_N1D1xEU3s[/video]

happened during the same set and I do not comprehend.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  2. Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

#ModernGuitarGod knows no bounds. Both good and bad.

3. outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

the setlist has to be longer, it should be 2hour long, they have enough material for that, and they would be able to play the hits and the fan favorites. their concerts lenght is the same since MTM.

4. lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

I'm surprised people didn't enjoy the shortened tracks. I think it kept the show really energetic. I think everyone's performance was worse here than in Tucson, also it's weird that Chester didn't scream in the bridge of Wastelands...I wonder if that was improv. Pretty sure Brad was sick today, he really didn't look well and that translated to his playing too.

5. outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

the shortened songs make the show more energetic but its also like A thousand suns to me, that only had 9 "real" songs. i really think the set should be longer, they dont have much space left on an 1:30 hour set, if they dont make the setlist longer they must drop some of the singles, but we all know they wont do it

6. lordblood

If I do have a complaint with this setlist it's that there is too many HT songs, but if they drop that they'll lose their nu-metal crowd. They're playing a serious balancing act so I can see the reasoning to shorten songs to feature more. A 2 hour setlist would be nice at this point, I wonder if they will expand the set once they start The Carnivores Tour, I can understand shorter setlists for RiR and KFMA day since they were both festivals.

Wow I just listened to Until It's Gone. So many mistakes ;_;

7. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Didnt like the setlist to be honest. I think this CoG remix will hit very bad @ Rock am Ring, many people didnt like this stuff there.

ALso , imo, i think Joes Solo is more for an solo tour than for an (Rock) Festival. Isnt bad, but i cant enjoy it really tbh.

Linkin Park has to come over there standard 90 min, thats a main problem imo. 30 more would be nice. SO the hasnt to let BTH out of the setlist.

8. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

[video=youtube;HlonKhg34IA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlonKhg34IA[/video]

YEAH! check this shit out.

9. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Some of my thoughts...

That Skin to Bones remix verse is such fucking great. I wish Mike would rap more often like that.

The Joe Solo is amazing, great to have it in proshot.

Sad they fucked up all three new songs at some points. Wastelands didn't have that sick melodic guitar in the verse, which makes the song so much better. Though, GATS moments that were performed right sounded fantastic. When the band will get used to play this song and perform it better, it will be such a monster live. I love the intensity of that thing!

10. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Same gear they used in Tucson.

The worst-sounding screwup by Brad at the beginning of Until It's Gone wasn't his fault, you can hear the first few notes of the No More Sorrow part come in just fine, then the camera's on him when things start sounding bad, but you can still see he's playing the right notes with his fretting hand. My bet is that the EBow had a dead battery and just started rattling against the strings (dead battery = no magnetic field emitting from the EBow anymore = plastic casing of the EBow starts hitting the strings and making un-musical noises).

Most of Joe's "mistakes" were technical glitches. There were plenty of times when his samples quit playing that I could see he was still hitting his trigger pads. Definitely not sold on how finicky the new software they're using to trigger all of their sample/effect changes seems to be.

11. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

is it just me or did the crowd dont know Remember The Name :lol:

its an great Medley imo. There should me Step Up in it also :)

12. lordblood

On top of that they also had technical errors in Tucson, especially in GATS. I'm thinking they'll be working through these issues as they happen so with a couple of more shows they should have it down. It just sucks for the people who didn't get to hear it correctly. The crowd is lucky the ebow didn't fuck up really bad, the notes that got played were still close to the ones being meant to be played, imagine if it rang out some random high pitch or something :p

13. luisjs

luisjs Active Member

Just got home. Skipped Steve Aoki since legs were hurting like a bitch...

It was amazing. Sure, there were some fuckups here and there (GATS started off on the wrong step but they recovered nicely, Brad's e-bow made him fuck up the Until It's Gone intro, Joe's samples were all over the place), but there was energy and enthusiasm and overall everyone I was with loved it, and not all of them listen to LP often.

During Joe's solo, one of my friends turned to me and said "that's how a real DJ performs." Take that however you will.

I'm not a big fan of Burn It Down, but surrounded by people singing it wasn't actually that bad. I liked how Rob only used the kick on the first verse (snare sample fuckup?). Also the drum solo during Bleed It Out... it was pretty epic.

Overall, really positive experience. :)

14. lordblood

I'm glad you felt this way, I think this setlist is something you need to hear live and with a crowd. My experience at KFMA Day was similar to yours. Whats your opinion on the shortened songs?

EDIT: Also, why didn't you ambush the people who got the CD's for us?! We're over here waiting for Wastelands D:

15. luisjs

luisjs Active Member

Everyone turned at me and laughed after Crawling, not really sure whether that was good or bad (even though I enjoyed the high tempo). Other than that, I'd rather have them playing Lost In The Echo in full, but I enjoyed them plenty.

And yes, it's something that needs to heard live. Also the crowd was amazing enough to the point where we almost couldn't hear Chester. I lost my voice after One Step Closer.

EDIT: Couldn't reach them, crowd was not letting us pass, and we'd have to go around since there's a split in the middle. Also my company wanted to go home because their kneecaps will never be the same again.

16. Izuan

Izuan Well-Known Member

Anybody has any links to the full recorded show?

17. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

What a shame you didn't get one of those CD's. We'd have Wastelands by now. :lol:

18. Arachnids

Arachnids The way out is through...

There's a full show up on Youtube.

Anyway, I loved the concert. So many technical issues and quite a few mistakes too, but that wasn't a problem for me. To me, those made it sound 'live'. Loved every bit of it. And it seemed like the band was having a lot of fun on stage too.
    LOL @ Chester coming in early during the What I've Done solo. :lol:

19. Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

Youtube

20. TheCatalyst11

TheCatalyst11 Active Member