[AUDIO] Linkin Park - "Wastelands" Full Leak + Official Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Andreina, May 31, 2014.

1. Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

DERP.

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah because we all know that screams are the only way you can make a heavy song heavy. -_-

3. insanefanboy

insanefanboy RIP Chester Bennington

Did I ever say screaming was the only factor for making a heavy song? But when the main vocalist of a band won't/can't scream like he could for whatever reason, don't make an album where the songs beg for it. If his vocals are weak, it will stick out like a sore thumb. When every other part of the song is on form e.g. drums, guitar etc. A weak vocal performance will ruin the song.

4. Rippin on That

Rippin on That Stared at the sun once

Why all this weird focus on screams? I just want good songs. Screams or no screams it doesn't matter as long as it's good.

5. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

OMG, what is wrong here. The Album is good only when it has MORE SCREAMS :samuel:
    You're acting like: big quote of screams makes a good profit in the stock market.

6. kasaweb

kasaweb Member

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  7. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

I really enjoy Meteora, but that's a legitimately dumb comparison - this is perfected LINKIN PARK.

8. Spooky

Spooky Well-Known Member

I love this song, The guitars on this album after the softer ATS and Living things songs are really refreshing on all these THP songs.

I can't help myself to visualize some awesome music video themed for whatever. Just like Until it's gone, Wastelands feels like a very powerfull BOOM in your face song for a trailer/fan MV's

9. insanefanboy

Remember my previous post guys. No. 283 for those ready to throw stones at me.

Also I've never said I hate the song. I do like it better than UIG, it's still a vast improvement.

10. TakeThisAway

TakeThisAway Member

I've been lurking on this site for 2 years now. After reading your comment i just had to make an account to tell you that i give you the award for the dumberest person ever. Congratulations.

11. insanefanboy

So I motivated you TakeThisAway to join this forum? Not a bad thing at all. Have fun.

Suppose that's one good thing from all this, anyway Wastelands leaked........

12. TakeThisAway

TakeThisAway Member

yea you did. thanks dude.
    Still Chesters vocals arent weak. they are raw and heavy even though he is not screaming...and this fits perfectly to the heavy instruments in my opinion (yet i miss the screaming in The Wastelands too...it would have been great but this doesnt make the song less good).
    Also 6 songs will have screaming on the album...and i think even hybrid theory has "only" five or six songs with screaming.

13. Bawa

Bawa Could wait to see tomorrow.

I'm still going with the version I've been working on, with plenty of manipulation of the track to get a better idea what's in those fuzzy spots <,<
    http://lyrics.wikia.com/Linkin_Park:Wastelands

14. Christos

Christos Active Member

I'm definitely hearing "Slay em leave em laying on the pavement, bang, fade to black!". And makes a lot more sense.

15. morfeo

morfeo Active Member

Agreed. The Little Things Give You Away is still my favourite song (because of instrumental composition and also for its vocal layer). For those, who says "screaming makes song heavy" - Look at Megadeth. Mustaine propably never screamed over his bands record, nevertheless, Megadeth sounds heavy as hell imo. So, screaming!=heavy.

16. Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

I'm hearing "paper bank". Just wait until the lyrics are out.

17. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I'm really satisfied with the way the entire band has really stepped up their game technically for this album. Even though Wastelands follows the same old formula we've all come to expect, the execution is nearly flawless IMO. Mike's verses are incredible, Brad's finally got a grooving riff going on that's not just 3 power chords played ad nauseam, Hahn is even more prominent once again. Then you have Rob who's just killing it on every single track (that new drum solo he does for Bleed It Out rapes face, you could even tell Mike was blown away onstage).

Chester sounds more raw than he ever thanks to stripping all those digital layers off his voice, and quite frankly I feel like the chorus lyrics for Wastelands are top notch for a heavy Linkin Park song. They may not be Burning In The Skies standards, but they're leagues better than anything on Hybrid Theory and god knows anything from Meteora.

Also I just listened to Wastelands and then Until It's Gone. They bleed together so nicely it's amazing. The former heavy track really compliments the more atmospheric latter track.

18. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Mike's second verse is kinda all over the place... Other than that, the song is okay. Better than Until It's Gone, but nothing special or something that they haven't done before.

19. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

#protectblake

20. mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

This is LP creating the style and format of music we've come to expect 10 years ago. But it does not feel out done anymore because they've proven they can excel at writing other styles of music now at this point.

Finally this rock band uses guitar hooks again, and not sleepy synth "woaahhh" choruses. ( I recognize that I'm generalizing here) IMO this is what they do best. Seriously.