What is the most disappointing thing Linkin Park has ever done to you?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by LPGuy, May 12, 2014.

1. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

What happened to that guy? He became such a diva. Which is a shame cause he's clearly fairly intelligent.

Anyways obviously I have no problem with cursing in LP. They curse little enough that when they do use it, it means something. It carries weight. We're not talking like Slipknot who used fuck 42(roughly) times on one album. The first time I heard Given Up it was given so much power by the use of expletives. Especially since they had been clean up to that point. Blackout, tell me that line before the second chorus is anywhere near as powerful as it was without "Fuck it!" It just adds oomph. I would agree if they overdid it but they use it sparingly.

2. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Recharged. Like I should have known they weren't ever going to make another "true" Reanimation, but goddamn did they convince me they did.

3. Vic

Vic No game no life

Perhaps Breaking the Habit, it's such an awesome song that could have been so MUCH better. And by better I mean "longer".

4. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I always found it ridiculous that the same dude made ''There They Go'' and ''Castle of Glass''. I love FM, but some of that was forced.

I love this quote.

Agreed, although try listening to an Eminem album and 42 times will sound like they're pussies.

5. Pay-per-cut

Pay-per-cut Well-Known Member

To me, probably has to be how much they get bullied by others. (Warner Bros., Venue promoters, etc.)

Music wise; not being able to play Wretches and Kings in rhythm. Mikes rapping is OFF live

Also, what's with the hate Meteora? Running gag around here or something?

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  6. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

The fact that they allowed WB to tell them to ditch the original Meteora and remake it into the garbage.

7. Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

Recharged.

8. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

That time they told my mom where my stash was. #Linkin nark

9. TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

Skipped Michigan on the last Projekt Revolution tour.

10. Praydox

Praydox Me, Myself and I

+ wasting the potential of Minutes To Midnight. Don't get me wrong, I love this album...but why did they cut/give up songs like Pale, Announcement Service Puplic, Lockjaw, Across The Line and What We Don't Know?!

11. lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

One thing that always bugged me, especially in recent times, is how they are basically whoring out their music to whoever wants to pay for it. They gave The Catalyst to be used in MoH fine, but then they used game footage to make their music video of CoG. For a song that is so emotionally charged about war and grieving families it feels so cheap to see video game footage. And then you get the GATS music video being whored out to Project Spark, Iridescent music video whored out to Transformers, and the list goes on.

I try to justify it to myself by saying that they squeeze out more money for making quality music, but truthfully it's the dictionary definition of selling out.

12. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

In my opinion, some of these things, if not all of them, are things that the band are fans of, though. That's what they say, at least, and I think that, in at least one case, it's reflected in the videos and whatnot that result from a partnership.

13. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Because those songs are not as good as most of the songs on the album

14. Francois Dillinger

Francois Dillinger Well-Known Member

A Th0usand Suns

:shinado:

and Brad Delson

15. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

you killed with it something inside of me :cry:

Recharged. Has not to be.

16. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I'm just so disappointed with what The Hunting Party is supposed to be, it just doesn't feel surprising or new so far. I listen to A Thousand Suns songs nearly every day because I love them so much. It's hard to believe Wastelands and Robot Boy came from the same band.

17. lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

They say that, and I certainly hope that's true. But I don't think Chester owns and Porsche's and he's never been vocal about liking the company, yet he went out and designed a tshirt for Porsche Design. I think at the end of the day it doesn't ruin the band for me because they are a mainstream group and they have to produce on the financial end of their music as well as the creative.

18. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know, it's hard to believe that a band that made Robot Boy was still somehow able to rock out...

19. Francois Dillinger

Francois Dillinger Well-Known Member

:isee:

Never playing PNB Jellyfish live. C'mon guys, it's better than most of Living Things.

20. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Just because Primo ended up being released on another album later on doesn't make it any less of a b-side from ATS.

The mixing on the DSPs only got better with time, for the most part. Most of the 2007 recordings are absolute GARBAGE. The crowd noise is so artificial-sounding, you can clearly tell when Pooch boosts the volume of it because the echo from the venue instantly drowns out the instruments and wrecks the entire mix. At least the audience on the more recent recordings sounds like a real audience and not somebody cranking up the "canned applause" fader on the mixing board...

In the case of Lockjaw, it might have something to do with the fact that it was recorded in 2008, while Minutes to Midnight came out in 2007...