[AUDIO] Linkin Park - "Wastelands" Full Leak + Official Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Andreina, May 31, 2014.

1. Praydox

Praydox Me, Myself and I

This. The songs and their ideas are great, but the mixing sucks

2. TheCatalyst11

TheCatalyst11 Active Member

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Ah yes, the same guy who got information about the iTunes release of Until It's Gone wrong by almost a week. Forgive me if I'm holding my breath on this one :lol:.

4. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

The intro of UIG has a lot of clipping, it's not even funny.

5. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Strange because I don't find Until It's Gone to be "muddy" at all. I can easily identify several layers on in the song. Even with the Wastelands bridge, while maybe a little less clear, I can still differentiate most things that are happening. Perhaps it's not so much the mixing but rather the tape recording? Although I do agree that Guilty All The Same has the best mix by far. So far everything seems better at least than the LOUD GUITARZ that drown out everything in In My Remains and I'll Be Gone.

6. NegaBBB

NegaBBB Member

Does anybody know at what time does itunes upload their releases?

7. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

There are many things I don't enjoy about Linkin Park, choruses aren't one of them.

I'd say they're actually one of their biggest strenghts.

8. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

There are so many faults in the UNTIL IT'S GONE studio version, it's hilarious. Bad, yet still hilarious.

Live version is the better song.

9. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

It's the mix/master.

I brought this up ages ago, when LP were saying they were doing that this time around and people were getting excited about it. Recording to tape doesn't automatically mean you will have a great sounding record, just like recording digitally doesn't automatically mean you'll have a bad sounding record. For both mediums you need recording, mixing, & mastering engineers who know what the fuck they are doing, a band that knows what sound they want, and a label that doesn't mandate a LOUD record.

You see so many bands these days saying "we're recording our next album to tape!!". It doesn't mean anything if you don't know how to use it.

10. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Yeah, the mixing on Wastelands makes the bridge sound like a...well, Wasteland. :lol:

The guitar up-sliding sound is clearly supposed to be the big "thing," but it's so quiet that the entire thing just sounds like some big muddy wall of noise. So it just ends up feeling like an entire section of the song that has nothing going on.

11. Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

This is a very simple structured song. I quite like it. But I don't really quite understand what the lyrics are about.

12. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

If the mixing is so shitty, according to some here, then why do you think the band let's it go on? Maybe they should have mixed it themselves, or maybe they wanted it this way?

13. Chuckfish

Chuckfish Active Member

In my opinion, Mike and all the instruments are great, but chester sucks... he sounds so weak, there is no power in the chours, this is sad because we`ve got the same problem is in GATS and UIG... He should try to double his voice again like he did in Meteora (or did he trippled it)?

Well im hoping there will be more energy in his voice on the other songs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liPJhCKq70Y check out the chourse here... where is this energy gone?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  14. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Chester doesn't suck. You're just so used to his layered overproduced studio voice.

You want real Chester or fake Chester?

15. TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

Yet he's been right about every other release he tweets about.

16. Chuckfish

Chuckfish Active Member

All i want is power in a chours... It worked fine in the first 3 LP`S.... i miss it, for me he sounds very weak... Its not overproduced if you sing the chours with two diffrent voices ;) Overproduced is the Korn Untouchables LP :p but not LP with a double Voice in a Chours or do you thinks this sounds overproduced? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liPJhCKq70Y

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  17. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

I agree, the mixing so far has been disgustinly bad. And it's on purpose, that's the worse part, it's not because Andy Wallace fucked shit up, because he mixed Meteora and Hybrid Theory and those albums are perfect, it's because the band told him to give it a "punk rock underground 80's feel", I'm sure of that.

18. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I wouldn't be so sure. I'd say the underground/punk/lo-fi feel comes mostly from how the music is recorded, which is what the band tried to capture with recording straight to tape. Mixing and mastering should be their own process.

19. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Lmao this guy again I wonder what the reaction was when he got it wrong with UIG

20. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

If he's right about Wastelands tonight then good for him. I'm just saying whomever he got his info from for UIG was way...WAY off base.

Of course, people will write that off as one mistake due to his past record. So you know what? So will I. I'll forget the past mistake, and assume Wastelands is going on iTunes tonight. Hopefully he's right.

If he's not, I think we desperately need to reconsider whether or not fans should keep using him as a source.