[AUDIO] Linkin Park - "Wastelands" Full Leak + Official Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Andreina, May 31, 2014.

1. SigmaZero

SigmaZero Well-Known Member

I doubt it'll be up on iTunes tonight. Tomorrow night wouldn't be surprising though.

2. TheCatalyst11

TheCatalyst11 Active Member

Apparently, he got it right this time. Wastelands is out on iTunes Russia, so it may be out tonight in the US/UK store.

https://itunes.apple.com/ru/album/the-hunting-party/id873395041

3. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

4. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Well then. Glad I decided to give the dude a second chance. Hopefully it comes on US iTunes soon.

5. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I love the way Chester sings "slips away" during the first two choruses...

6. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I love the emphasis he delivers on "disappears".

7. Vic

Vic No game no life

This song is growing a lot on me in every listen, the chorus is so CATCHY that I can't help to sing all of it with all my lungs! :lol: also that bridge! Maybe the mix wasn't great there, but I still headbang it like an idiot , great song. Good job LP :chuck:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  8. Orange Box Nerd

Orange Box Nerd Drop the Keys to the Kingdom

could I say to LP for once...you dun did gud kid:chuck:
    I love Mike's versus and Chester's chorus is so damn fun and I cant help but to sing along! That being said, they could have done something more with that bridge, it felt like something was missing, like a scream or two (Like the live KFMA version) or maybe make the guitar more audible. But regardless, I enjoyed this song

9. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

So far I like this better than GATS and UIG. This just makes me want to move, and I've been itching for a Mike rap ever since I was disappointed the second I realized I wasn't hearing Mike on GATS (please don't start a Rakim defense argument, I said nothing to disrespect him). IMO the mix is great here, UIG is a mess though, I'll agree on that.

One thing I'm missing so far on this album is the classic epic bridges I've come to love from LP. I'm talking the ones where it introduces a whole new melody/lyrics, such as Faint, New Divide, Lying From You, WTCFM, LGM, The Catalyst, etc. Those are the moments I live for, and so far GATS has been a guest, UIG has just been really loud guitars that don't sound that interesting to me, and this one is the COG-style quiet chorus over synth thing (which I dig, but still). I want that epic bridge moment, where things either get quiet or loud or new instruments come or screams happen or whatever, and it's like you're getting a snippet of another song's chorus or something in the song.

Also, are Wastelands and those songs on Spotify the same ones that appeared early on iTunes w track lengths? Supporting the iTunes countdown theory or whatever?

PS: am not new to LPA, but for some reason the login with FB option is gone from the top, so I had to make an account..

10. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

After listening to this song 3 times, I can definitely say that I really like this! I've seen some of you have talked about mixing and clipping issues in the released songs. I can kind of hear where the various sounds in the bridge of Wastelands get a bit buried by the sheer intensity of the beat and guitars. However, I don't think it's that badly mixed, as I can still hear traces of the other sound effects going on in the background.

What I don't understand is the issue of clipping. What exactly does that mean?

Lastly, I can definitely see where those of you who say this is like an evolved Meteora sound are coming from. I've been listening to quite a bit of Meteora lately and think this song would fit quite well on that album, only if it were a bit more polished.

11. BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

I think Derek hit the nail on the head with the mixing being off for UIG and Wastelands.. Too much crap happening at once for anyone to understand. GATS was perfectly mixed and achieved what it had too.. these last two songs, not so much. Hopefully this isn't the case for the rest of the album because I am pretty concerned that i've overhyped myself.

12. TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

I think he's using some sort of iTunes catalog that lists what songs are to be added when the iTunes store is updating. No idea how he has access to it but he constantly posts about song releases/pre-orders and he's always right. I just think iTunes had a date for release for UIG and the band held them off on it for one reason or another but iTunes neglected to change the date on whatever catalog he uses.

13. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipping_(audio)

Simply put, it's distortion that happens when an audio signal is too large or loud to be represented. You may notice on Until It's Gone at certain parts that the track loses a lot of clarity and things kinda of get drowned/blared out. That's because the track was mixed too loud to the point the audio signal is distorting/clipping. It's a trend in modern music and it's something that hardly existed 20 years ago, although the practice existed long before that.

If you want to learn more, this article goes into depth on what people call the "Loudness War": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

*EDIT* Or just watch this for an example of clipped vs non clipped. CD version is clipped, Guitar Hero version is not. Same parts...drastically different sound:

[video=youtube;DRyIACDCc1I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRyIACDCc1I[/video]

14. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

This is so bizarre to me. Is every song getting artwork? :lol:

And as for my 2 cents, I still think Guilty All the Same is the best of the three, and one of the band's best songs to date, but the other two have grown on me a lot. UIG will always suffer from the lyrics, but I can get past it for the most part because everything else about it is great. As for Wastelands, it's a fun damn song. But like people have said, the mixing in the bridge is awful. And even if it wasn't, there could have been something more interesting going on. Maybe a 3rd verse from Mike? I don't know, maybe I'm being too picky :lol:.

Overall, I'm satisfied with these 3 tracks, and can't wait for The Hunting Party.

15. DannyLP

DannyLP Well-Known Member

Could someone post the artwork for the songs? I cant see them from Canada....

16. adrianbiga

adrianbiga New Member

Wastelands is now on iTunes!!

17. 3DU4RDO

3DU4RDO Burning in the Skies

18. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

19. Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

Final_Rebellion.jpg

Best I could do.

20. adrianbiga

adrianbiga New Member

Wastelands merges with Until It's Gone perfectly!!