[AUDIO] Linkin Park - "Wastelands" Full Leak + Official Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Andreina, May 31, 2014.

1. xEsaul

xEsaul Well-Known Member

...but it didn't. The song came later than the "countdown". And it only came out because Linkin Park released it first. I doubt they'll release two more songs before the album drops. That's almost half the album right there. I expect it to stream instead.

2. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

He did say 'might'

And there is no reason for the tracks to be on Spotify but unplayable already if they weren't releasing soon. We will just have to wait and see ;)

Also the song didn't come later than the countdown. Countdown's have no time frame. Coldplay's was 1 day for a week and One Republic's was every two weeks.

Obviously if this happening the band is using some odd structure but it would still count. We just have to see if it actually happens.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  3. DannyLP

DannyLP Well-Known Member

4. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I feel that the band has done a good job maintaining a steady pace of hype for this album. GATS to UIG was the longest drought of anything happening, but since then there's been a decent amount of stuff to keep the momentum going.

Definitely one of my favorite album cycles from the band in a long time.

5. SeLDfC

SeLDfC Well-Known Member

Someone wrote down a list of types of Linkin Park fans on a youtube comment and i thought it was actually kinda true but I don't agree with everything on that list but here it is:

Types of Linkin Park fans:

The apologist:
    This fan will support anything the band does, thinks Living Things “rocks” and generally isn't that bright. The only music this fan owns is Linkin Park, they tend to have a creepy obsession with Mike Shinoda. If you say anything bad about LP's new music, this fan will throw a hissy fit and say “Nu-metal is dead, get over it! They changed! They are always good!”

The purist:
    This fan expects only the best from the band, and will be loud with their criticisms when Linkin Park drops the ball, their favorite album from the band is usually Hybrid Theory or Hybrid Theory EP.

The professional:
    This type of fan likes to listen to their music in extremely high detail and in good listening environments, they favor Reanimation over every other album and could care less if LP suck now because they listen to so many other artists. These fans tend to gravitate towards Nine Inch Nails.

The douchebag:
    This fan shares Linkin Park's opinion of their own music at all times. If Chester says he doesn't like a song, you can bet your bottom dollar that this fan will never listen to that song again. They are quite stupid.

The casual:
    This type of fan enjoys Minutes To Midnight the most, and has a healthy appreciation for Linkin Park.

The pretender:
    This type of fan calls A Thousand Suns a “masterpiece” and talks down to people a lot. Generally a very confused person who also pretends to like Radiohead. They tend to have a failed music career.

The tween:
    This type of fan is generally quite young, and plays 'Burn It Down' on a daily basis.

The passer by:
    This type of fan liked Hybrid Theory and Meteora, but HATED anything past Collision Course with Jay-Z. Has a life.

The sensible:
    This fan appreciates every album aside from Living Things, where they believe the band's career turned to shit.

I didn't wrote this so don't kill me!! :D I just thought it was kinda funny :p

6. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I don't find it funny, but each to their own :rolleyes:

7. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

I feel like this perfectly describes Minus.

8. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

Well i am none of them.
    I like EVERY Album by lp and every Song except for Robot Boy
    I listen to a lot of other music from almost every genre, but most likely deathcore/ deathmetal/ metalcore/ Nu Metal and rap
    I accept everything LP are trying and i like it when they are changing styles, but i dont care if it would be the same thing over and over again. I could listen to 10 meteora style albums and wouldnt mind it
    I am succesful in my life and have very good grades, i am a fitness junkie and live very healthy

What the fuck am I?

9. JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

I think you are the type of fan who likes everything what LP does, listens to a lot of other music from almost every genre (but most likely deathcore/ deathmetal/ metalcore/ Nu Metal and rap) and is successful in life.

That will be ten dollars for the personality analysis. It was my pleasure, sir.

10. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I am the sensible purist :)

11. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I am none of those. I like every LP album and only dislike 1, maybe 2 LP songs

12. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

Listen. You are not you. You are me.

13. Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

Chesters vocals are missing something. I prefer the live version.

14. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

:hmm: No shit

15. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

x2.

Also I don't see why a YouTube comment is worthy of posting anywhere.

16. SeLDfC

SeLDfC Well-Known Member

Exactly the same with me! :)

17. Orange Box Nerd

Orange Box Nerd Drop the Keys to the Kingdom

same here, the only song I HATE that's from LP is In Between.
    Never has a song make me yawn and make me want to shoot myself. but other than that, I love every LP album

18. Rippin on That

Rippin on That Stared at the sun once

It saddens me that people think like this. Why the hell does everyone need be put into categories? And then the people who don't agree with the persons opinion they have to be labelled with insults? What else can you expect from a YouTube comment I suppose.

People should just like what they want and not give others shit for not agreeing. Discuss it sure but labelling them and insulting them just fractures a group of people who are fans of the same band.

I happen to enjoy every single album made by Linkin park meteora and living things included.

19. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

That's a bullshit list.

20. SeLDfC

SeLDfC Well-Known Member

I agree man but you dont have to take it so serius just laugh about it like me :D