The Hunting Party: Full Album Track By Track Impressions

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jun 3, 2014.

Twisted Smage

Twisted Smage The hardest part of ending is starting again.

I have noticed that War is probably getting the most mixed to negative reactions, why do you think that is? It sounds pretty sweet to me.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

ATS is more atmospheric and electronic...THP is more shocking and aggressive. It's near impossible to compare the two.

Because it's probably one of the hardest tracks the band has ever done. It makes some listeners uncomfortable.

hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

Agreed! This review has officially made War my most hyped track especially after reading other reviews. I'm assuming a sizable chunk of fans just aren't into super aggressive music.

master360

master360 Well-Known Member

Derek first of all thank you so much for this amazing review!
    do you think for the people who love LP's ballad (Shadow Of The Day, Iridescent etc...) "Final Masquerade" will be a good chance to hear another one from this guys?
    Are there some other beautiful "choir moment" like in "Until It's Gone" or "Waiting For The End"?

Jason

Jason "My pep talk turned into a pep rally." LPA VIP

I'm currently latching onto two. I don't like Wastelands either - GATS was good. 2/3 of your reviews that I have heard I do not agree with.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

And yet I wholeheartedly agreed with both of them. Reviews will always be subjective.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

What track are you most excited to hear the fanbase's reactions to?

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Perhaps those who disagree with Derek's enthusiasm could just focus on the parts of the review that describe the songs. Still a very informative post. Of course opinions will differ.

Jason

That's the beauty of discussion and why this forum exists. I have no disrespect toward Derek at all- what he has accomplished with this site and the opportunities he gets are commendable. But at the end of the day he puts his pants on one leg at a time just like I do, and I'm not going to sit here and get over hyped about an album that I am currently skeptical of.

I'll be the first one to eat crow when I end up enjoying the rest of the album, too.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Jason's just using a figure of speech here, by the way. Derek never wears pants.

/s

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

He's more of a skirt guy. :kappa:

Jason

Well played.

hi_c21

hi_c21 Figure.21

Hi, first post here. I've just been following from a distance for years, but I was a member of another fan site before going on an unintended hiatus.

Derek, I first want to say I felt very welcome joining LPA and the registration process was smooth and easy. This site is very well managed and very well structured. Kudos to you and your team. Second, I decided to actually 'break the silence' tonight after reading your review of THP. Just wanted to say you've got me extremely excited for this record, and I really appreciate you taking the time to write it all out in such detail.

I think I arrived a little late to be an insider on the proverbial 'Hype Train', but I just bought a ticket. Good work, sir.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Welcome to the LPA and thanks for joining! Always good to have new members to join in the discussion! Had to say it's refreshing to see such a great first post from a new member, it's a welcome sight after some of the questionable users we've had to deal with amidst the hype lately, haha. Hope you enjoy your time here and stick around!

dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

I always thought GATS was an amazing song. UIG and Wastelands are good but nothing extraordinary. If the rest of the album is in the same veins as GATS..then the album is going to be monster.
    And who else predicted that War will be the hardest song on the album! :cool:
    So now that you have heard the record can you please confirm whether the 5 second clip which has been floating on the forums is actually of War or not?

whattheblink

whattheblink Kyles To The Kingdom

I had a good feeling about Final Masquerade since I first saw that song title. It just seemed like it would be an interesting song. And I think it will be. Mark The Graves and A Line In The Sand seem like they'll be some of my favorite songs from LP. And War actually sounds good, since they said it was punk-influenced, and I'm a fan of punk. But all around, this album will definitely tear off the nuts of anyone listening, whether you have them or not. I'm so excited and this may be my favorite LP album, since I never took the time to pick a favorite of the ones they've already released.

MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

How good are the screams on the songs in terms on intensity and longevity?
    I'm really hoping for "Victimized" level screams cause I really enjoyed that song.

tonymadridista7

tonymadridista7 Member

it's funny when the track list was revealed the two names i liked the most was KTTK and Final Masquerade and it seems those two are shaping up to be my favs...ALITS is the track i can't wait to hear after the review it sounds epic Derek thanks for you reviews good job.

SigmaZero

SigmaZero Well-Known Member

War is their heaviest song so far huh? Excellent. >:D I'm game.

hi_c21

hi_c21 Figure.21

I agree with certain points here...kind of made a sour milk face when I read some of the lyrics for these tracks...

On the surface, All for Nothing seems possibly too reminiscent of When They Come For Me in message and BURN IT DOWN in wording. And not only does Rebellion sound simple, but it seems like a familiar echo of the bridge of IN MY REMAINS.

I'm never going to judge an album or a track on its lyrics without hearing the music behind it, but it seems a little bit recycled on the surface. The last four tracks are definitely the lyrical equalizer, and a redeeming one at that. Again, on the surface.