[AUDIO] "Rebellion" Premieres on Zane Lowe - BBC Radio 1

Discussion in 'News' started by Louis, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Jason

Jason "My pep talk turned into a pep rally." LPA VIP

Ah - I'm on a mobile device and don't always catch every post. Thanks for filling me in.

It's just something to bash on. And it's something the band tried to break away from with ATS based on conversations in the Making Of feature. I think people are conscious of the band trying to avoid conventional structures, yet they continue to show up in post ATS releases.

Just a guess- what do I know.

2. linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

This just happens if you're listening on youtube, iTunes version don't have this volume increase :)

3. Crussong

Crussong Member

Can someone clear things up for me?

How exactly does the iTunes version have improved quality? Do they get seperate files from labels? Do they have influence in the mixing progress? I really have no clue..

4. Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

And why does LP upload a shitty version?

5. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

It was a mistake, which Adam is trying to fix as soon as possible.

6. Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

Oh sweet Jesus. I expected something kind of like this, but to hear it just sends chills. Mike and Chester and the whole band for that matter rocking it!! I really fought an inner battle whether

7. merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

Considering LP were the best nu-metal band (thanks to the dichotomy of Chester and Mike that other bands of that time clearly lacked) it's been 11 years since Meteora and don't bring up "Wretches and Kings", "Lost in the Echo" or "Burn it Down" ( yes "Victimized" is great but very brief compared to an old school LP nu-metal song) because "Wastelands" is the first song from an official album since Meteora to sound like pure nu-metal by LP. If you can't revisit a sound you perfected after over a decade without people complaining and moaning that "it's too familiar" or "the same shit" than I feel sad for anyone who can't enjoy the simple joy of that great old school LP nu-metal feel. "Wastelands" rocks because it's LP embracing there formula instead of just trying to bring some elements of it, sometimes (over a decade later) it's great just to hear nu-metal again by the kings of nu-metal Linkin Park.

8. Jason

Doesn't change the fact that they botched it, and it is incredibly cheesy.

9. linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

The guitars are way better and you can listen more layers, is like youtube video is running at 240p and on iTunes the shit is Full HD :D

10. Joshua

Joshua is Mr. "to many Mind"

That would mean, that every artist comes to a certain point, where their records became boring automatically, because there is a limit of structures. Also, the pressure for the band would increase tremendous with every record they make. The structure isn't the problem. It is only the basement. If a song is predictable or boring depends on what artists makes with it; That's what an artist makes special, when they are able to make exciting music, with the same structure over and over again.

(I didn't hear Wasteland and Rebellion yet, but it isn't necessary in this case).

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  11. merrillmind

And for the record I adore A Thousand Suns and it's musical complexity, in fact I'd welcome an album next time even more against "type" for Linkin Park but I also being a fan since 2000 welcome an album with a few nu-metal inspired tracks like THP is offering with "Keys To The Kingdom", "Guilty All The Same", and "Wastelands" like I said it's been over a decade since Meteora so to see people "complain" is utterly ridiculous.

12. merrillmind

That's all a matter of opinion. I happen to think the emotion can be felt in every THP song heard thus far and the attention to blending one song into the next is fantastic.

13. Jason

nice double post.

14. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Smae style of song =/ same structure

15. Cylock_Dnb

Cylock_Dnb Well-Known Member

I really like the lyrics. I feel like they're talking about themselves, attempting to sound like rebels, but really being very fortunate in their lives, despite their past lyrics.

16. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Many bands that have gone on to make a true, lasting impact on music have expanded beyond "traditional" song structure and song writing in their careers. Linkin Park have flirted with the idea that they want to aim for something like that, and putting out catchy chorus songs for 15 years straight can only take a band so far.

That's why people always bring it up.

17. SigmaZero

SigmaZero Well-Known Member

Just finally heard it. Me like!

18. Jason

That's what I'm saying. Make Nu-Metal again - fine. I don't care how you structure the song. Just do it right... Wastelands wasn't right. It felt forced. Did not like the chorus at all.

This is what I tried to say in an earlier post. Well said.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  19. BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

I think it's more towards the people who complain about the fortunate culture that we are a part of, meanwhile in other places people are rioting and burning down buildings.

20. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

I knew this song reminded me of another lp song but couldn't remember. Just though if it tho...No Roads Left. The vocals for sure