[AUDIO] "Rebellion" Premieres on Zane Lowe - BBC Radio 1

Discussion in 'News' started by Louis, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Xpeerahmental

Xpeerahmental Well-Known Member

In the interview, Chester said "-and we will do it (play HT) faithfully, even 'Sessions'." .. :lol: Forgot the tracklisting there for a second.

Sorry if that was caught already, late to the party and found it funny.

2. JSigcha10

JSigcha10 Well-Known Member

Just got my download for Rebellion from pre-order. Sounds 10x better than the youtube clip. Can't wait to hear the full album tomorrow night!

3. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

So I've been telling myself that as soon as Linkin Park releases a song I truly enjoy from The Hunting Party, I will pre-order it.

If everyone is saying they've gotten/are getting their download of Rebellion, then I guess it is time.

4. SigmaZero

SigmaZero Well-Known Member

Dayum! Lovin' the fuck outta this song. REBELLION! REBELLION! \m/

5. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

This is the first time I've commented on a song off the album, because the songs before, while good, did not give me that "holy shit moment." Rebellion is an incredible blend of slick guitar work, great sing-along melodies, and the shocking return of those trademark screams in the bridge. This is the first song from the album that has me hyped for more. Thank you for the awesome, diverse music, Linkin Park.

6. JSigcha10

Wastelands flows well into UIG, however I fail to hear how the end of UIG and the baby cry flows into Rebellion. I added the song after I got it in my email and it doesn't seem to sync up well. Is it just me that's not getting it or do any of you recognize this also?

7. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing, and I have the iTunes versions of both. The baby cry seems extremely random now.

8. JSigcha10

Sorry for the double post.

Or is it that UIG and the baby are it's own separate entity (I'm curious to know why the hell it's there then lmao) and doesn't necessarily flow into Rebellion like Wastelands does into UIG. These are the things that I think about when i should be sleeping haha.

9. ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Well, that's a mindfuck. I don't even know which little tidbit to pick apart first.

10. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

So now you don't have to flip me over :kappa:

Anyone else find it weird that the three songs they gave us ended up being tracks 7-8? Unless these are actually singles wouldn't it make sense to give us MTG which is track 9? Keep the flow going?

(And yes I realize they probably gave us these songs because of their sounds)

I'm just buying mine in stores. But I've also bought all the songs off iTunes :D

But in the end I'm probably still saving money cause shipping from LP.com was expensive as hell for ATS (like $10, spent like $30 on deluxe edition).

But I'm still enjoying the heck out of this song, after playing it constantly on replay for basically the entire day, I still love it. I think this is better than anything they have released recently beside Castle of Glass.

Not gonna update my rankings until after THP but could end top 3/top 5 LP song of all time for me.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  11. whattheblink

whattheblink Kyles To The Kingdom

Don't know who else noticed, but the drums in the chorus (1st and 2nd, not last two) sound like "Chop Suey!" by System Of A Down.

But regardless, kudos to Rob. He truly is a beast.

12. BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

My theory is this;

Until it's Gone is Chester getting emotional over losing someone or something important to him right?
    & Rebellion is a song about a fortunate society complaining about trivial things while other places in the world are literally burning themselves to the ground.
    Maybe the baby cry is a poke at Chester representing a cry-baby in the song?

13. Blake

You know, this isn't a bad theory. I would have never thought of that. I think you could be right because I can't come up with any other reasonable explanation.

14. BLACKOUT

That or Mike was blazing that shit up with Rome & Sublime when he made the song.

15. JSigcha10

Interesting theory. Easily better than anything I came up with haha. After listening to the four tracks over and over damn I'm excited to hear the full album tomorrow.

16. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Lucky!

17. BLACKOUT

Congrats on that one dude, have a blast :)

18. Vic

Vic No game no life

:obama: hmm interesting analysis

19. Blake

Nice! Could you check for how many songs have screaming? Right now we know its 5-6, but it would be nice to have official conformation of which songs. Well, we actually already know 5 of the songs with screaming (KTTK, WR, UIG, Rebellion, ALITS). But conformation if a 6th song has screaming would be nice. Really only MTG would be the other one with screaming if another does have screaming! Would still be cool to know if it has screaming or not because then we know all songs with screaming :)

Have a fun time! Will be awaiting your review and to hear what songs you like most :)

20. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

The baby isn't crying though. It's cooing/laughing.