"The Hunting Party" Full Review by Metal Hammer

Discussion in 'News' started by Andreina, Jun 4, 2014.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

Multiple Listening Sessions around the world are taking place RIGHT NOW!!!

We will have like a HUGE load of reviews in the next hours...be prepared!!!

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

If eel like Derek's review and this review are the best we are going to get.

TurtleGuy's was good too.

I'll probably read more reviews but I'm not sure there is point at this point in time.

NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

I am excited to reading Reviews of an Album. I am a poor person xD

morfeo

morfeo Active Member

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

You could always just give him a hug :hug:

lpgabriel

lpgabriel Wasn't that fun? Let's try something else!

I don't think this is the appropriate place to post this but i think it's the most related topic.

Here in São Paulo, Brazil, there was a contest set up by Warner Music through a local radio station to get 5 lucky people to listen to the whole album today at WM's building. (plus win the whole LP discography as a gift).

The listening party's starts in less than an hour.

Just thought you'd like to know how i'm totally NOT FRUSTRATED by not winning this :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

wa2JR23.jpg

SigmaZero

SigmaZero Well-Known Member

I really enjoy all 4 tracks that have been released thus far.
    Guilty All the Same is pretty good. I'm a little iffy on Chester's voice on the verses, but I like his delivery on the chorus. I love Rakim's verse. The craziness at the end makes me giddy.
    Until It's Gone is also good. I don't really have any complaints, other than I wish the guitar on most of it was just a smidge louder. Not a big deal though.
    Wastelands is just plain fun to listen to. To me it sounds like "classic" LP, sprinkled with some MTM, and grooviness. Good combo if you ask me.
    Rebellion is pretty awesome. Love Mike's vocals. I also like how the chorus vocals aren't all "huge" and overdone. I'm sure y'all get what I mean. Joe gets a nice solo, or whatever you'd call it. And, dat bridge tho.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Well, fuck. I'm probably going to be hungry for more the instant 'The Hunting Party' ends, akin to where I left off on 'Hybrid Theory'.

Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

[​IMG]

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

A review from Metal Hammer that was actually positive for the most part? Who would've thunk it? I watched the "review" for Living Things a few years ago and could see there was almost nothing but hatred for LP from the reviewer. Interestingly enough, he did say he enjoyed Hybrid Theory. Anyway, this was a solid review that brought to light more of the details and intricacies of the songs, especially the highly anticipated ones.

To those of you who are put off by the samples of lyrics from this review, don't be too discouraged. The reviewer may have chosen some of those lines intentionally to get a point across. We could be in for quite a surprise if we remain open-minded.

Vic

Vic No game no life

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

No one said that. But regardless, they haven't put out a good rap/rock track in a VERY long time imo. Hence my low expectations.

NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

People need to stop bitching about lyrics.
    Its MUSIC and I listen to music because i like the sound even if the lyrics may be bad, or the song has nothing innovative added to it, i dont care, its about god damn music!
    Thats what i hate about ATS fanboys, why does a song have to be something completely new? A song isnt bad automatically when there are already known patterns etc.
    Burning in the skies doesnt have anything special its the same structure as any other song -> Verse/Chorus/Verse/Chorus/Bridge/Chorus, yet everybody says its so amazing etc.
    Why cant People just enjoy the music rather than analyse the whole track and make sure that there is something new in it otherwise its bad and caring for the lyrics
    When you listen to a lot of deathcore/metal you cant even understand 99% of the guttural vocals etc

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

"Why don't other people listen to music for the same reasons I do??!!"

Lyrics are a part of songwriting. If you want to ignore them that's fine. Don't expect everyone else to.

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

I think that's the point about ATS, the whole thing just sounds amazing, regardless of the lyrics or "experimentation". The atmosphere and suspense it creates, it's just thrilling.
    (Of course the lyrics and unusual song structures in some songs do add much to this, but you don't have to "analyze" everything, it just makes the album sound freaking awesome when you just listen to it.)

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

You're right. BUT DID YOU HEAR THERE'S ONLY 11 SONG WIT SCREAMZ ON THEM?1!! LP Y U NO MAKE REAL HEAVY MUSIC??!
    Ok. I don't, and many other people don't too.
    I believe that music is art. And the highest value of art, to me, is creativity. Objectively speaking, it is much easier to create a song with a traditional pop structure, than something more unique and free-flowing. If a song follows the same pattern as the one before it - to the point where you know EXACTLY how it's going to play out - well, that's just lazy, generic, and boring imo.
    Everybody? :rolleyes: What "ATS fanboys" generally praise are its great lyrics. Otherwise, it's a fairly standard track. For example, I may subjectively really like Iridescent, but that doesn't change the fact that it's objectively one of the poppiest tracks on ATS.
    Which is probably part of the reason not everyone listens to deathcore.

outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

when i listen to this i dont care about lyrics.
    [video=youtube;TBZFA80oSXc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBZFA80oSXc[/video]

but if there are words in the song, i will pay attention to them.

20. IllogicalSystem

IllogicalSystem Electronic

Stop bitching about ATS fanboys. It's no longer 'cute.'