Linkin Park vs Lana Del Rey

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Jayhov, May 16, 2014.

linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

May be an idiot question, but do Pre-Order sales on iTunes and Linkin Park's website counts for Billboards sales at the first week?

Jayhov

Jayhov Well-Known Member

That's like, your opinion, man.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Pre-order sales don't count.

But for some reason, streaming & Youtube viewing count now. Which is why there was a time when a commercial was famous and the song in the promo propelled up to #9 on the Hot 100 despite not even charting on iTunes.

Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

Can't wait to get both albums in two weeks time!

ChazyChaz92

ChazyChaz92 Well-Known Member

Pre-order sales dont count? Why? When do they count??

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

My pre order doesn't count? :(

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Damn, someone's a bit mad. Born to Die was the 5th best selling album of 2012 and far outsold Living Things. It also got better reviews, and her popularity has only risen since. Even I personally think Born to Die was a better album than Living Things. I think songs like "Summertime Sadness" are really good songs, and honestly you're just coming off as an ignorant Linkin Park fan who shits on anyone that poses as any type of competition for them. Pathetic, really. "I don't like her music so how dare she be successful" just screams childishness. Also, so the fuck what if her father "bought her career"? Even if he did it doesn't change the fact that she sells well and has a huge fanbase. No amount of "career buying" will gain that amount of fans and success, she got that with her own talent.

linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

Pre-Orders don't count?????? WTF? So, why they even exist?
    If you live on the USA please don't pre-order this album and buy it on June 17th!:bradwink:

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Lana needs it more, Linkin Park are selling less but are still a big presence on music today, Lana caught a bit of a backlash a while back with a "horrible" SNL performance (which wasn't even that bad) and people have never really let her live that down so far, so I'd like to see her get a number 1 and tell them all to eat dick.

ChazyChaz92

ChazyChaz92 Well-Known Member

Pre-order sales count, i think. They must count?

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Pre-order sales count when the album is released. When the album is released, both current orders and pre-orders will combine for the final first-week tally. It is why first-week sales are huge. Pre-orders count to the first week.

Rippin on That

Rippin on That Stared at the sun once

Didn't LP beat Maroon 5 with Living things? Or am I remembering things wrong? If they can achieve that shit then I think it's definitely possible for them to be number one, especially with the so far favorable critical response.

Faker

Faker Well-Known Member

just trust in LP and buy The Hunting Party

NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

Ive told MANY of my friends (most of them are oldschool lp fans and love GATS and Rebellion) about THP and they're going to buy it on release date and some of them preordered
    on iTunes
    I think if you guys would tell some of your friends about the Album, Lp can win vs Lana
    The bad thing is, if you go to hasitleaked then you can see the Album hype and the hype for Lana is much more.. :(

Serox

Serox Active Member

But you are obviously lying. I like some Lana's songs, but she is no big deal & that statement could be true. LP's one if the best bands ever! For me the best artist ever! Sorry Michael Jackson, Beatles, Elvis, but you won't top LP. MJ can come close...

Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

This is why I hate Billboard now. This means that if Friday by Rebecca Black was released today, it would be #1 on the the Hot 100 even though no one really likes it and everyone saw it just to make fun of it. Charts are made on the assumption that people hear songs which are (objectively) good, which isn't true.

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I do think Youtube views should count as long as you consider the overall reception as well as likes to dislikes. If a song is obviously only being played to make fun of and hit the dislike button, then yeah it shouldn't count. Maybe for something like Friday that holds true, but people aren't listening to Lana to make fun of her. She's no different than LP, genuinely well liked by a large group of people with a loyal fan base. Critical reception for both are about the same, generally mixed. You ether hate LP and Lana, or you love them. For the people in this thread genuinely believing that there will be zero competition between the two are only kidding themselves and only setting up for disappointment. I'd argue that there's a very strong chance Lana will emerge the winner and claim the #1 spot for first week sales.

Jayhov

Jayhov Well-Known Member

Chester Bennington ‏@ChesterBe 8m
    Hey guys we need to beat Lana Del Ray 's new record. She's going make a good slow pop dance record . BUT WE WILL DESTROY IT WITH ROCK!!

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

Well the purpose of the Billboard charts, as well as nearly all music charts, is to measure popularity, attention, exposure ect. It doesn't measure reception and opinion. Even if you view a video just to hate on it, you're still giving it your attention, so, yeah, it should count. That's what the charts are for anyway. These songs are still gaining attention, whether it's negative attention or not.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Lana on Itunes US: #4
    Linkin Park: #26