"The Hunting Party" Full Review - LPAssociation/AltWire

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Rippin on That

Rippin on That Stared at the sun once

I'm of the mind that if you download the whole album and listen to it you actually owe the band. We can listen to the songs they officially release and read the reviews and make our decisions but listening to the whole album as if you have the CD? It's an experience that Linkin Park is selling. I think it's kind of crummy getting the whole album and not paying a single cent for it whether you like it or not.

2. JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

Thank you for this review Derek. Cannot wait to listen to the album. :D

I can very well imagine that and hope most songs will feel completed to me (not like Victimized for example, which I felt like it lacks something and like it is too short...)

That's a thing I'm really looking forward to.

3. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

When it comes to LP I have never downloaded a leak that haven't ended up buying. The only albums I caved for the leaks were the last two and I had already pre-ordered ATS and made up my mind I would buy LT. Same thing for THP

4. leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

Purchasing an album is a show of support to the band. I like to know whether or not that purchase is justifiable before I make the purchase as I have lots of other things in my life that I need to spend money on (food, rent, babies, etc). I can't justify spending $13 on an album that ends up being terrible. That's why I want to hear an album in its entirety before I purchase it.

5. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Do you really have to word all your posts in an unintentionally (or intentionally) provoking way? I don't think you realize it, but there's been a LOT of circumstances over the last few days where you've made comments that really rubbed people the wrong way. And I don't get why you're doing it either.

6. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

And there are no other ways doing that for you? Here people still go to the store and listen to and album or they are checking out the album previews on ITunes where you can actually hear a pretty huge part of each track.

You could also sell the CD if you don´t like it :)

7. JSigcha10

JSigcha10 Well-Known Member

Try having already heard it all. Lol

8. Rippin on That

To me it's like going to a cinema and watching the movie and then deciding to pay for the ticket. Downloading and experiencing the whole thing is fine when you are impressed by it and go and buy it but on the other hand when you decide you don't like it or it's not worth the money you still have experienced the whole album. The same thing others have spent money for and what the band relies on to sell.

Streaming it on Youtube is a fine way to do it because that's not the same as owning the disc or the actual music files for you to put on your phone or sound system.

9. JSigcha10

You're going to love FM.

10. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Oh, I'll buy it alright.

11. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

My friends and I are driving to that concert too. It will also be our first Linkin Park concert. Man I can't wait to hear every song live.

12. zoffy

zoffy Well-Known Member

I don't think we will have to wait too long now for a stream. With LT the itunes leak/stream happened 11 days before the US release date. Today is 11 days..

13. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

I downloaded the leak of A Thousand Suns.

Then I bought the album three times: the regular edition, the limited edition and ATS+ edition.

Then I paid to see them play live.

Why do I owe them anything?

Yeah, but that was a mistake. They posted a link saying "the full album will stream [HERE] next week" and the link already worked.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  14. JSigcha10

Personally I would rather listen to those two over mark the graves. I need to listen again because of how they played the album at the store. But it was the one track I didn't get a groove to at all.

15. leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

A more apt comparison would be downloading a movie and deciding to go buy the DVD/Blu-Ray if you like it. There are things that are a part of owning the product that you don't get from simply listening to it. The artwork, lyric book, special features, etc. are all a part of the package that aren't replicated when you download it.

I fail to see how listening to somebody else's pirated copy is any different from listening to your own pirated copy.

Chances are I am going to purchase this album. There hasn't been a single Linkin Park record that I haven't bought. The four songs that LP has released from The Hunting Party are fantastic in my opinion. If the rest of the album is even half as good as these four songs it will be a day one purchase for sure.

16. Rippin on That

Come on you must have gotten what I meant by owing them? You bought the album so that debt is paid. Downloading the full album and not paying for it is obviously what I'm talking about.

Streaming is most definitely not the same as owning the actual files. Also my comparison is fine enough. You get to experience the movie/album without paying and then decide if you are going to pay for it or not. The thing is you have already consumed the product, you HAVE that experience already and I think it's a disservice to not pay a single thing for it.

Please note I'm not accusing anybody of pirating or stealing and I do get that not everyone one is rich but I also believe we need to respect the people who make these things for a living.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  17. Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

I have not listened to even 1 second of audio beyond GATS, and I completely 100% agree and feel the same way.

18. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

Wow i wish i would have had enough strength to do that!

19. SeLDfC

SeLDfC Well-Known Member

From today on I will not listen to any songs of THP again until I get the album :D

20. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Buzzkill much?