June 5, 2014 - Wroclaw, Poland

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Jun 5, 2014.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

On June 5, Linkin Park will play at Stadium Wroclaw in in Wroclaw, Poland for the fourth of nine European tour dates to promote Linkin Park's upcoming album "The Hunting Party". This will be Linkin Park's third visit to Poland, as the band have performed there twice in the past; once in 2007 to promote "Minutes To Midnight", and again during their 2012 European tour when they played headlining slot at the Orange Warsaw Festival in Warsaw to promote "Living Things".

The band have just performed the most recent couple of shows on this leg in Russia; the first in Saint Petersburg on June 1 and the other in Moscow on June 2. Both shows were heralded with fan-organised flashmobs, continuing a tradition from Linkin Park's previous shows in Russia. At the first stop of the tour in Lisbon, Portugal, where the band headlined Rock In Rio, audience members received a surprise when Mike Shinoda dispersed CDs containing the studio version of a new song called "Wastelands" into the crowd during the set, leading to the song's online release.

The setlist has yet to see any changes since this tour began with the Rock In Rio show - will Linkin Park have any surprises in store for their one-off show in Poland?

Following this date, the band will head to Germany to play headlining slots at Rock Am Ring on June 7 and Rock Im Park on June 8!

Are you excited for this show? Are you going to this show? Discuss the show on our message board!

omin0us

omin0us Somewhere in between the kick and high-hat...

We (me and my brother) are going to the show tonight. We stayed at the hotel right next to the stadium. Last night there was some sound checking and we went completely insane :D ... I recognized the GATS intro, but I'm not sure for the other guitar riffs that we heard. We are really, really, reaaaally excited for the show, cause it 's our first LP concert! I hope they play Rebellion :)

Btw: Here is a pic of the stadium from last night :)

7375094w.jpg

bololendo

bololendo Member

Im going too. I will be on Golden Circle, its my first LP show i cant believe it!

omin0us

We will be in the GC too, my brother has the EE ticket, but I'm going to attend the M&G :)

bololendo

bololendo Member

See you there :)

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Hopefully they switch up the Hip Hop medley occasionally. The WTCFM verse in the last show was a welcome change.

Fernando Nuñez

Fernando Nuñez Well-Known Member

cool picture bro :awesome: i envy you now haha
    EDIT: i'm hoping them to come to my country someday

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
    lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Damn you, Poland, for having so many Linkin Park shows.

Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

unity7985

unity7985 Well-Known Member

Anyone notice brad on runaway from the june 2nd show? You can tell hes really into it! lol I know hes never shown much enthusiasm but come on! just watching him these days its like hes lost his passion for guitar. On a random note, I have a new found appreciation for ATS. I think melody wise its easily there best. Some of the songs are just downright beautiful.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

That would be awesome if they played Rebellion!

faTal1ty090

faTal1ty090 New Member

omin0us

The show was great! This is way better when you watch it live

Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

So was Rebellion played?

omin0us

Nope. But still - the show was awesome! In the last part of the Bleed it out bridge, when everybody sing "lift me up..." Lp stopped playing and Chester said the we are "awesome"! They were so happy! :)

SwirKH

SwirKH milly

The show was great ! Crowd was full of energy, there was an incredible interaction between the band and fans. Setlist was the same as on their last shows, nothing new. Technically the show was perfect (despite the fact that Mike got two disabled microphones during One Step Closer). I didn't really notice any other actual mistakes, even the Ebow worked brilliantly on the No More Sorrow/Until It's Gone intro.