Linkin Park at Rock am Ring 2014

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by the.nookie, May 7, 2014.

the.nookie

the.nookie LPA lurker

Hey everybody,

this year i'm going to the german festival Rock am Ring, where LP is one of the headlining acts on june 7th. I find it weird that on the tour part of their facebook page and LPA there is no mentioning of this. It's going to be huge, is esomeone else going? I've been to Rock im Park in 2012 where they played to, the crowd went compleetly insane so i guess i know what to expect. I just hope that they will play something from the hunting party, but i guess not :)

http://www.rock-am-ring.com/

InvaderPhantom

InvaderPhantom Active Member

I'm gonna be there. I'm hoping to get to the first row, too. I did it last year at Rock im Park (which is like RaR's little brother) and Rock'n'Heim but I know Rock am Ring is a whole different league. You have to be there really fucking early.

the.nookie

the.nookie LPA lurker

I talked to a friend of mine who went in 2012, and he told me the festivall has some really good facilitations like drinks in the front row and stuff. So that does make it easier to be there all day. I always end up spending the last couple of artists in the front row. But he also told me that he just walked in there and it was really easy and stuff. So i'm really excited since it's my first time at RaR. RiP was awesome, but RaR is a lot closer for me :p

Since it is getting closer, i'm already getting really excited :)

the.nookie

the.nookie LPA lurker

I was also wondering on what day to go over there. Since the campsites open at wednesday. 5 days of party and music :D

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

the.nookie

the.nookie LPA lurker

But still it isn't shown on the tour dates list..

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

I was thinking about going, but decided not to. I saw them at Pinkpop 2012 and it was an amazing night, but for my second time seeing them live I'd rather save my money for a non-festival LP show, where I don't have to worry about the weather and how the crowd's going to be.

So I'm hoping for some shows in Germany in the fall/winter (The Netherlands would be even better but I don't think that's going to happen :p).

KevinLP

KevinLP Untitled

:ditto:

They only played in The Netherlands 4 times, 2 shows at the Heineken Music Hall in 2001 and 2 Pinkpop shows in 2007 and 2012. I know that there are countries were Linkin Park has never been, but still it's not much. I hope that they are going to play at the Ziggo Dome (or maybe even the Amsterdam Arena) sometime soon. But I doubt if that is ever going to happen. :cry:

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Oh really? I didn't even know they played Heineken Music Hall. I thought it was just Pinkpop 2007 and 2012. Well, with Living Things they had a first nr. 1 record here so maaaybe that will persuede them to come this time, but probably not :p

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Yeah Last (and first) time i saw them was 2010 in Dortmund. After that, just Festival Tour through Europe and no LT Concert i could go to -.- Hope some Solo Gigs for THP in fall/winter.

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Yeah the LT tour sucked. You're lucky you live in Germany though, they usually play lots of shows there right?

Michele

Well, i am Fan since 2009, so the first European Tour i know was the A Thousand Sun Tour. But this was before 4 years.

InvaderPhantom

InvaderPhantom Active Member

You should definitely get there on Wednesday, most people do. If you arrive on Thursday, it will probably be a lot harder to find a proper place to camp. At least it was like that last year at Rock im Park. We arrived there on Thursday evening (which was a day before the bands play) and everything was full! The campsite we ended up with was literally kilometers away from the stages and we needed over an hour to get there, it was a pain in the ass! This year we'll be there on Wednesday morning so we'll get a nice campsite near the stages. :)

Also when you get there a day earlier, it's one more day of partying. :D

the.nookie

the.nookie LPA lurker

I'm definitley going on wednesday then. I went to rock im park in 2012 and ended up on the campsite right across from the festivall, that was just perfect. Also i could park my car in the parking garage, which was right next door. German festivals are so much better organized and facilitated than the Dutch ones i've been too. Also the line-ups... just not fair :p

Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

LPU also has it listed on lpunderground.com

ecnaidareht

ecnaidareht Well-Known Member

I'll be there, too. First volunteering for Music For Relief, then LPU m&g and then watching a show. It will be great day!

demz_4

demz_4 New Member

Will the show be available to stream from any where online? I'm based in the UK. What time would it be starting if so? Thanks.. Jak

Michele

demz_4

demz_4 New Member

Thank you so much for the response LinkinParkFan1995 ! :) yes thats just before 10pm Uk Time :)

Michele

I am happy that i could help you :)