Linkin Park - "Final Masquerade" Has Leaked | MTV Premiere

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 7, 2014.

1. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

It's so bad I forgot about it. :halfkappa:

I really do like FM. I wouldn't mind seeing another "soft" (read: not visceral) track or two on the album.

(I wouldn't know if there is another track or two as I haven't read descriptions)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  2. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Took me sometime to figure it out but now I totally get it. Nice one :p

3. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Can someone help me?

FM went into a different THP album on itunes. Tried changing everything to be the same and now Rebellion moved over to the other THP.

So I have one with UIG and Wastelands and the other Rebellion and FM. How do I fix this?

EDIT: now Wastelands is all by itself in one THP album

4. Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Nothing wrong with that. I think it would sound better on sequence in the album. I just love all the talk about carnivores and these are the singles. It's an okay song and sounds great musically. Just doesn't grab me.

5. Bawa

Bawa Could wait to see tomorrow.

So, anybody else annoyed that every song so far has consisted of Chester singing the name of the track throughout the chorus and bridge? Sometimes almost the entire song has even consisted of it... (You don't know what you got Until It's Gone! Until It's Gone! *yawn*)

I love the music, but this is getting really boring...

6. SeLDfC

SeLDfC Well-Known Member

7. thor

thor Well-Known Member

you know how on the top it shows the catagories; radio, songs, albums, artists, genres. just go to albums and you'll probably have to change the font or something. same thing happened to me.

8. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Come on man, you're ripping my heart in half here.. Lol.

Another guy pointed at the Rasmus-esque vibe here, and although I can see where that comes from, I don't think it has to be a negative thing.

And to be fair, I didn't see Rasmus' latest work as "lifeless".. First of all last two albums are too different from eachother because Desmond Child got his hands in one of them, but still there are some really good deliveries there.

The "oh's" are a TR thing, granted, and for example of their latest work I think "The Fight" is a pretty good one. Lyrically, Rasmus always sways from friendly/romantic writing to fiction (with a pinch of angsty stuff sometimes), so in context, there could be similarities, again not necessarily a bad thing.

[video=youtube;T3vo8AaPyD0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3vo8AaPyD0[/video]

Also, in terms of connecting with the listener, there are quite a few from their latest work that evokes emotions, at least in me. I think Sky, their self-titled's album closer is a pretty good example of that, it's not meant to connect with you as is "relate" to the theme, but to get into a character.

[video=youtube;pPaN4hvNGbc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPaN4hvNGbc[/video]

I will totally respect your points of view and give you fair play for that, but I don't think neither Final Masquerade or some of TR's latest work sound "lifeless"

9. tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

Give the tracks EXACTLY the same album name.

10. mastae

mastae Some Honky

I really love it!

11. Blake

I did and it didn't work

12. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Make sure everything under "info" and "sorting" is the same for each song.

13. (BG)

(BG) Well-Known Member

What's the first line of the chorus? "lighter gonna rise on, its brighter yesterday"?

14. tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

Enable the thick "Part of a compilation" on each track info and check if the "Sorting" tab information is equal on each track.

15. LP72290

LP72290 Active Member

Obviously the fans of the heavier style LP won't like this, At first listen I thought it was alright, but after a few listens I am loving it! As with pretty much every linkin park song for me though XD. It will be a nice radio hit that will make older fans mad once again but true LP fans should enjoy this one! Chester's best vocals of all the album songs that have been released! :)

16. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

"the light on the horizon was brighter yesterday"

17. Blake

I checked the sorting tabs and they are all the same too! Thanks anyways!

I will try the compilation button

18. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I'll be honest, I was very interested in this track for the cool title, but that interest went away after reading reviews on how it was either the slowest track or second slowest (right after Until It's Gone), and of course my dislike for Until It's Gone made me believe this song would be crap too.

This track (and I NEVER say anything like this because its simply cheesy to me) is absolutely beautiful. The lyrics, Chester's delivery, the band as a whole. Just one of those songs that gives off an awe-inspiring feel. I was blown away by GATS and Rebellion and at the same time disappointed by Wastelands and UIG, but this has brought a new feel, one of nostalgia. It gives off a very Minutes To Midnight vibe, I'd compare it very much to Leave Out All The Rest with an uplifting touch.

Just as a quick description for those of you that haven't listened to it and are holding back - Starting off with a similar drum beat to that of Fall Out Boy's "Sugar We're Going Down", the track quickly becomes a drum focused song with violins and synths assisting in the background, giving off a very atmospheric vibe. Chester does not hold back at letting the listener know this will be one of his more diverse vocal performances. The first chorus (similar to the bridge) displays Chester along with the violins previously mentioned and slowly builds up into a light rocker much like the chorus to Roads Untraveled, as Chester sings about a false relationship, "you said it was forever, then you slipped away. Standing at the end of Final Masquerade". From this point on, no one holds back and continues playing, following the typical structure of verse 1 - chorus - verse 2 - chorus - bridge - chorus. The song ends with Rob's full on attack on drums and Chester's "ohhh"s until it slowly comes to an end. As mentioned before, IMO, this song has elements and feel from both LOATR and RU, so fans of either track might easily take a liking to this one.

19. Jayhov

Jayhov Well-Known Member

I'm surprised no one has asked this but does anyone know how exactly this leaked?

20. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

Leave out all the rest is one of my favourites. Oh God.Resisting this is so hard