Linkin Park - "Final Masquerade" Has Leaked | MTV Premiere

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 7, 2014.

1. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Not going to listen and haven't yet. I just hope it leaks so I don't have to wait much longer.

Why is LP releasing so many songs? They've released like half the album at this point. What are they even doing?

2. BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

I'd take Primo over half their discography.

3. Stino LPLeaks

Stino LPLeaks Well-Known Member

I was invited to a THP listening party, so yeah I heard the whole album.

I think you should look at the softer songs like Until It's Gone and Final Masquerade as welcome moments to sit back and relax.
    That's the disadvantage of 5 songs getting released before the album comes out. You don't know why that soft song is on the album or how it could possibly fit with the rest of the songs.

One thing is for sure, when KTTK starts you're going to be impressed. Everyone at the listening session was just looking at each other with a big smile and thinking "Dafuq did we just hear?".

4. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

UIG isnt really a ballad.

and the instrumentation of GATS is what makes it heavy. And the song we heard are on the lower heavy end, the heavier songs have yet to come.

Also about rebellion, the instrumentals are heavy so its still a heavy song. Vocals don't have to necessarily heavy to make it a heavy song.

5. Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

So far I've managed to leave this song alone. I really don't want to ruin that first full listen of the album. I really wish I lived in ignorant bliss and didn't even know about THP until it releases.

6. SigmaZero

SigmaZero Well-Known Member

Just now listened to the song. It's alright. I imagine when it comes to listening to all that craziness, this song will be much appreciated. Haha

7. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

I mean, 5 songs already, it is time to stream the entire thing on iTunes Radio so I wouldn't let the singles ruin the album experience, but I can't help listening to new tracks.

And...The song sounds a bit old-school to me. Can't say it's my favorite of the 5 released, but I'll say it's the better of the 5. Lyrics are also better.

8. NateXY

NateXY I was by your side, powerless.

Just had 1 listen to FM and love it of course, but I then went and deleted FM, Wastelands & Rebellion from my computer :D
    Bring on the album :headbang:

9. Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

FM's good for what it is, but I don't see myself listening to it much at all once the album's out. Side note: I'm glad we've known it was a ballad for a while now, so no one can be validated for being disappointed in its lack of heaviness.

10. Vic

Vic No game no life

Watch out, we have a badass over here :isee:

11. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

Final masquerade, castle of glass, and robot boy make me shed manly tears. Very beautiful song. Love it. FM is my fav so far

12. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

I deleted all the songs off my computer and going to on my phone. Glad I haven't heard FM.

13. tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

I don't understand why such hate on Until It's Gone.
    Apart the repetitive and cliché lyrics the song is way far for being pure shit. It's WAY better than ALTNC, for example.

And Chester's vocals doesn't sound cheesy only in this record, he naturally sounds cheesy since the MtM era, unfortunately.

14. Orange Box Nerd

Orange Box Nerd Drop the Keys to the Kingdom

The end of FM, "there's a storm coming Mr. Wayne" and it's name is ALITS!! This song has me pumped, but after two listens I left it alone, I want an experience unlike no other when I listen to the entire album!

15. BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

See to me they were incredibly cheesy during HT & Meteora.. all the Nu-Metal bands attempted to sound like that.

16. Blake

Half the song released are #visceral though. Wastelands, GATS, and Rebellion are all #visceral

17. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I seriously doubt that THP will be heavier than HT
    I mean look at the way HT starts off Papercut, OSC, With you
    thats a 123 knock out punch its sick

18. Blake

Well, I havent heard the album, and I guess if it is anywhere close to each other than it is subjective which one is heavier.

But I have a feeling this will blow HT's heaviness out of the water

19. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I shouldnt judge it like you said we havent heard the album, but I am dying to hear KTTK cause that will set the tone
    for the album, just like Papercut did with HT which is why Papercut is one of my favorites

20. soun'wave

soun'wave can't shake the shock

It's a really well written song (musically and lyrically) - a bit LOATR - all the songs released so far have had really nice performances, especially the drumming. THP is shaping up the be pretty good, from what I can tell this really should've been the album to come after ATS. (Cut down Living Things could've made for a great EP to tie over)