June 7, 2014 - Wershofen, Germany, Nurburgring / Eifel - Rock am Ring

Discussion in 'News' started by Louis, Jun 6, 2014.

TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

I didn't hear any autotune. I know they use it but it doesn't bother me. So many fans are okay with Chester's voice being run through 4,000 filters through the years and being polished to hell but "Autotune" apparently is embarrassing.

EDIT: Listened through headphones and I can definitely hear it now. Makes no sense that they continue to use it when it seems to be messing up every time.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014

I usually prefer not to post anything online, but I feel like this needs to be said.

It seems like every pro-shot concert of Linkin Park uses autotune this year. Listening to the Moscow concert, there is absolutely no autotune on guilty all the same, and this is the same case as their first concert. This either means they use the pitch correction tool for the "bigger" concerts, or someone in charge uses live autotune for the broadcasts only (therefore, the autotune wouldn't be heard to the crowd). In two of their concerts (including this one), the pitch change in the autotune was way too fast, and then it adjusts to a slower change on given up. And there is autotune for sure on this concert, as Chester only reaches B instead of a C at the last verse a couple times.

I believe someone in charge of the mixing uses it for the video rendering, through a separate feed. But whoever is doing this is handling the autotune terribly, since you can obviously tell at certain points. Regardless there is no need to be dissapointed at all, as it is rare to find an artist who doesn't use autotune in the studio. Besides, it's usually difficult to hear oneself sing even with a monitor, especially in outdoor settings. I just wish the technicians would do it right. They've been doing extremely poorly with other things as well, such as the guitars.

This is not Linkin Park's first use of autotune live. It began with "new divide", but in that case it was only with just that song.

[video=youtube;QN6xxFr_jiE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN6xxFr_jiE[/video]

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Oh god, that autotune is awful on that song. Just get rid of it, at least for Guilty All The Same. It just ruins the song. It seriously sounds like this: https://soundcloud.com/keatonhashimoto/guilty-all-the-same

Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

Chester's been hitting the gym

outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

he is looking better than ever

EDIT: he sounded thousand times better on new divide back in 2009. ND sucks nowadays

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

It's not their best live song but, in my opinion, it certainly isn't as bad as "Numb".

Arachnids

Arachnids The way out is through...

I think they used auto-tune only on GATS. It's pretty clearly heard there. It sounded really bad haha.
    Other than on GATS, Wastelands and Burn It Down, Chester sounded great. That ending on One Step Closer by Chester was great.

shadowofthehabit92

shadowofthehabit92 Well-Known Member

Watched the live stream up to WFTE and I must say, this was a killer performance. Chester's screams are the best they have sounded in a few years. Very much looking forward to seeing them in Tampa in August!

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Okay, I heard the autotune this performance. "You're guilty all the same, too sick to be ashamed" during the first chorus and 2nd chorus, you can clearly hear the modulation. It sounds like T-pain song during that one word. xD
    But, to be honest, I don't hear autotune during the rest of GATS. Chester sings in his own pitch and tune. The crispy-ness in his voice remains intact. I think they switch it off and on.

outcastboy

i dont think numb is that bad, chester sounds ok in it. but i wouldnt care if they took it out of the setlists

i think theres autotune on Castle of glass (since the first ever performance the vocals sounded "weird") and on the ballad medley.

i'm listening to this now, since the very first song (given up) you can tell that chester's voice was much stronger, and 2009 wasn't a great year for him vocally. the scream in the intro of FTI is amazing
    [video=youtube;oq3dvgQ2xwM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq3dvgQ2xwM[/video]

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Chester sound like t-pain WTF :/ WHY

Francois Dillinger

Francois Dillinger Well-Known Member

well, it's really audible on all of the choruses.
    Listen to the "hiccup" at 4:39-4:41 when he does "you want to point your fingeeEEr".

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Damn Good Performance :worship:

This time Linkin Park sounds really great. On Television the stream was perfect :D And the crowd... just wow. Brad was better than on the other shows imo.
    This concert was great.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Joe's solo was SICK!

Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

I realized that but where is the cringeworthy part? Or do you mean autotune in general?

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Yeah I almost made the T-Pain comment last night. I'm pretty sure Chester can sing GATS without auto tune... I wish they would try.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The autotune exists live and isn't something done by the broadcasters. One of my friends posted her own live video of GATS on her instagram, and it was there and sounded even worse than it did on the live stream. I understand that many bands use autotune...but this does nothing for the performance. Autotune is meant to enhance, and not detract. This takes away from the otherwise great performance and makes it look like Chester can't sing worth a shit, which we all know by the other songs, isn't the case.

I think they need to consider retiring the autotune plugin until they learn how to properly use it, because whoever is doing it is messing it up awfully. It's just cringeworthy.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

At least he's not lip-syncing. Y'all are too hard on their live shit, in my opinion. It's tough, they're tough on themselves.

outcastboy

i dont think so, autotune is lame, whats the point of performing live and use it? they already use a lot of pre recorded instrumentals and the gangvocals, but anything other than that is too much. The efect of the catalyst is acceptable because its part of the atmosphere and concept of the song. i dont want them to end up like britney spears

20. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Wow. How does that even happen?