Linkin Park - "Final Masquerade" Has Leaked | MTV Premiere

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I honestly can say the same thing. Better than all of LT (except CoG I think). Id even say I like these two tracks more than a lot of ATS. Actually these tracks might be some of the best they've ever done.

After a day of listening and 44 listens to FM, I can say that I think FM is one of their best ballads ever. Might even be the best ballad they have written for me personally.

2. KiAllen

KiAllen Well-Known Member

Feel as though we'd be the select few on this forum because I agree with you about ATS.

3. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Yeah, FUCK that guy who didn't want to do to a song what I wanted to do with it in a band I'm not even in. Fuck what he wants, I could do it better. Child's play. *Scoffs, tosses hair* What a dweeb.

:rolleyes:

4. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I still like every song on ATS and really like the album, I just think these two might be better than most songs on ATS for me

5. Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

6. GuywithShades77

GuywithShades77 Member

I love Final Masquerade personally. I think it's Linkin Park's best ballad next to Roads Untravled. Anyway, to those that have already heard the full album, which is the heavier song: KTTK, or War?

7. MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

Derek, who's already heard the album said that War was more 'in your face' and 'unforgiving' than KTTK, stating it's the most merciless track on the album.

8. thor

thor Well-Known Member

I love Final Masquerade too but I wished the guitar solo was longer and more creative. the solo sounds too much like Until its Gone.

9. GuywithShades77

GuywithShades77 Member

Ok, cool. I heard that KTTK starts with distorted screming, so I thought "what could top that?" And War apparently does. With it being barely 2 minutes long. Talk about ball crushing

10. SuperSaiyan4Kev

SuperSaiyan4Kev Well-Known Member

Final Masquerade is a really good sounding song. Yea the song sounds a little simple, but it sounds so good. I can't wait to see these songs live. The songs they're making are great to perform. Until It's Gone sounds fucking awesome live.

Yeah...LP makes some songs that are "catchy" and tons of people argue that they're so cliche and all...but come on off it LP bashers. This is some of their best shit I've ever heard them create.

I love you, LP. Keep it up!

(P.S. My apologies for not pre-ordering the album yet. It's funny, though. LP seems like the only band I really support money-wise, other than System of a Down.)

11. GuywithShades77

GuywithShades77 Member

That honestly wasn't an issue for me. I liked the simplicity of it. The song is just all around beautiful. I loved the sound from Until it's Gone, I just can't really get into the lyrics

12. GuywithShades77

GuywithShades77 Member

Anyone know how soon we can expect a full album leak?

13. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I've given this song a couple listens...my impression is basically "cross between Powerless and Valentine's Day." Would sound right at home on Minutes to Midnight. Almost sounds like an album-closer type song, so I'm very interested to hear how A Line in the Sand sounds as the track that follows this one.

14. SuperSaiyan4Kev

SuperSaiyan4Kev Well-Known Member

That's how I feel now as soon as you typed that.

15. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

I agree FM sounds like a m2m song with a touch of ATS. So far nothing has really blown me away song structure wise, but the songs are really well written for what they are, and that makes these sons and most likely the full album, really good. I'm just hearing better songs than I did on LT....simple as that

16. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

Also, if anyone can accurately tab this ASAP, I will give them an internet high five

17. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Something about it remind me of SIB

18. ToTheCitadel

ToTheCitadel Wisdom, Justice & Love

The more I listen to the song, the more I like it. It's beautiful, especially the bridge and onward.

19. dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

Simple song? It SOUNDS simple enough the first time around but it's crafted very very well! One of the best soundscapes from LP since a long time imo.

Also: this is what I might have missed the most in LP songs in comparison to other bands songs... maturity. Somehow it all sounds a bit more serious to me if I compare this song (and the other ones) to previous releases/albums.

Very very good! Have fun with THP in a few days everybody!

20. snowblue

snowblue You know the blue snow?

Shadow of the Day 2.0. The 2.0 stands for more rock.

I mean this in no bad way - I love the track. This will be one an awesome record, just saying.