The Hunting Party Reactions

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by AkirraKrylon, Jun 9, 2014.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

On Rob, yes, this is definitely his standout record. He just shines on almost every track, litteraly. We all knew the guy is one of the most reliable instrumentalist in the band, but damn has it never been so clear.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Everything I could say about this album has been said already. This was an amazing record. 14 years later after the inception of Hybrid Theory, and this is how far the band has come without the bells and whistles of A Thousand Suns or Living Things. This is the band at their most organic, comfortable state.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

My initial reaction is that it's a good album overall. I don't think I'd call it great, it too often takes hits from weak lyrics or vocal lines/deliveries.

lepetitpote

lepetitpote my presence is a present kiss my ass

i find myself re-listening to mark the graves without realising. this track is just getting better and better through re-listens. i reckon it's the band's most diverse song on the album cos the structure is unique for a typical formulaic linkin park song. great song

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Heavy ATS love it

vanRoK

vanRoK Well-Known Member

Exactly what i felt too,it's so amazing,my favorite from the album right now.

theycallmepraya

theycallmepraya $w∆gg3r.

I feel as though after this record, I could wait another couple of years for another album. I immediately I felt satisfied and full. It was the perfect length, I never got bored and every song felt at home here. UIG felt too poppy/ beta and GAtS felt weird alone but listening to them in the context of the album really made them sound better. The transitions were on point and goddamn I'm Glad to see the other guys spaz and feel like a full band and not just the mike & chaz show.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

^Agreed. Crossing my fingers for an undisputed magnum opus with their next release.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

I need to wait until I listen to it on my big speakers at home. But first impressions upon listening to it quietly at work... holy fuck I love KTTK, AFN and ALITS. Those songs blew me away. And even War with it's fucking dead kennedys influence it seems... I love it.

RandomNames

RandomNames Active Member

On first listen, I'm impressed by the seamless transition between some of the tracks.

box1992

box1992 and the sun will set for you

HOLY FLYING MONKEY BALLS. KTTK jeez. jsut started the stream and no words. this is crazy

box1992

OMG now at All for nothing jeez. A punk version of Fort minor is the best way to explain this.

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

I was blown away at first listen and it just keeps getting better. I haven't felt like this about a LP album in a LONG time.

This is fantastic stuff from the guys. It feels like they really had motivation when they made this.

edit: Glad you're enjoying it box! Just wait until you hear War!!

By the way, try not to double post ;) just edit your other post. Thanks!

Qwerty19

Word.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

keys - dope.
    summoning - garbage.
    war - average af.
    graves - eh.
    drawbar - awesome.
    line - chester's parts ruin it:/

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
    box1992

My first impressions.

KTTK

HOLY FLYING MONKEY BALLS. KTTK jeez. just started the stream and no words. this is crazy

All for nothing

OMG now at All for nothing jeez. A punk version of Fort minor is the best way to explain this.

Guilty all the same

Still amazing.

The summoning

Really like this, but it was different listening to it not as track 1. A good different though.

WAR
    Hmm. Where is LP? lol this is insanely different. Not a huge fan.... Never mind, that SOLLLOOOOOO!!!!!

Wastelands
    Ah classic LP sound here.

Until it's gone
    This song was my least favorite when it first came out. However, it really has grown on me with more listens.

Rebellion
    Really really like this song. SOAD meets LP. Love when mike and chazzy chaz sing together. Would have loved mike raping something in between the screems. But oh man, best vocals for me thus far when accounting for both mike and chester

Mark the graves
    Sounds familiar in the beginning. And shit turned up after that pause. what is going on. For one second it sounded like qwerty and now it went to a waiting for the end vibe haha. Not really feeling the tune of this one thus far. I like the bridge though. This song is all over the place. I think it will grow on me. I love certain parts, and not a fan of others (verse melody). It sounds so familiar to another LP song, especially that bridge the second time. Cannot put my finger on it though

Drawback

is that...CRICKETS?!?!?!?!? I love this vibe so far. It has this angryish battle tone so far. And now the battle is over. Love the piano.

Final masquerade
    Love Chesters vocals in this song. The more upbeat version of Roads untraveled to me. I really love this song, one of my favorites for sure.

A line in the Sand
    Ugh, sad that its the last song already. Love mikes vocals in this. the harmonies :) WOAH Chester in with the vocals. SCREAMS :D The guitar is amazing. Mike rap? Ah a slow one. hoping he goes quicker. Nope, back with the chester vocals. The guitars in this song are amazing. Brad achieved me wanting to pick up my guitar to learn this song. GUITAR SOLO!!!!! Ah man mikes vocals here, espcially after that chorus after the solo is so soothing. It sounds so good. Love the melody.

Final thoughts.
    WOW that 40 something minutes went by fast, that was unreal and just way too amazing.
    I love the transitions between songs, and each song was a roller coaster, it is hard to figure out where the song is going, starts of fast and gets super slow and sweet (mark the graves), or starts slow and then a guitar part, and then when you think its getting crazy it goes back to mikes mellow singing in A line in the sand. This album is just amazing. I love it.

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Amazing what the guys can do if they just sit in a room with their instruments.....

A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

I don't know where to put THP vs the other albums from least fav to most fav. I still think ATS is my favorite but I can't stick THP anywhere... I just don't know. I do know it's not my least fav...I'd say LT or M2M is my least fav

actually..

idk

wait

yeh
    no

idk

I love LP.

Qwerty19

About ALITS and the contrast between Mike and Chester parts : I think it's what makes the song so great, there's that whole progression inside it.

If it was only build on Mike parts, ALITS would have been a great moody slow song. If it was only build on Chester parts, it would have been a great Thrice-y post hardcore track. But the fact that these different things are merged together just makes it 10x more special/surprising and awesome imo. It turns the song into a true journey.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
    Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

It's good. I like screaming, just not lots of it, so the really screamy tracks are gonna have to grow on me. I love Wastelands and FM. ALITS isn't what I expected. The album is a 7/10 so far