Linkin Park vs Lana Del Rey

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Jayhov, May 16, 2014.

1. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Coldplay still ahead?

Link Park lost.

EDIT: Im not hating btw. Its a joke :lol:

DOUBLE EDIT: this chart shows exactly what I thought. Lana is more popular in the US at the moment and that Sam Smith is mainly becoming big in the US and the UK but overall worldwide he hasn't made it yet.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  2. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Jeez, your crush on Lana even overshadows your love for LP a few days ago. At this point I would love to see your reaction if Jennifer Lopez would sell more albums next week :bradwink:

3. Blake

I don't have a crush on Lana :lol:

She's not even that pretty, I just like her music (and was trying to see if he held a double standard)

4. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

:lund:

5. Blake

I don't have a crush on anyone but my beautiful Girlfriend :)

6. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Haha, I am just using Derek´s toolbox to brighten the mood

7. Blake

I know :p

For LPs consecutive #1s, was that worldwide or just US or what?

8. Faker

Faker Well-Known Member

itunes popularity dosen't mean sells domination you will see linkin park will stomp this little newbie

9. Blake

Source?

And like Flozuki said, no need to bash other artists. A lot of us don't like when people bash LP. No need to do the same to other artists.

10. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

LP is ahead on amazon.
    THP is 12th
    Lana is 17th
    Sam is 18th

------------- -------------------- -----------------------

Billboard's article on the possible sales of the upcoming 3 releases
    http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/retail/6121310/lana-del-rey-sam-smith-and-linkin-park-lead-mini-super-tuesday

"Smith might move over 150,000 with his debut album -- though forecasters caution that figure could go higher. Linkin Park's early estimate stands at 100,000 to 125,000."

"Sales projections are based on a number of indicators. They include orders from physical retailers, pre-orders on digital services like iTunes, first-week performance of comparable albums, media exposure, radio and YouTube trends for the album's singles, and so on. Depending on how far out we are from an album's release, a forecast can be wildly different from the final outcome. In general, you can best guess an album's debut sales week once it's actually on sale."

US.
    I'm sure LP has consecutive number 1s worldwide also, but what we were talking about was US.

Meteora, Collision Course, Minutes to Midnight, A Thousand Suns and Living Things all debuted at number 1.

11. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

In the end , it doesnt even matter :kappa:

12. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Will sales increase after the album is released?

13. Blake

Alright, So Im sticking with my prediction:

1. Lana
    2. LP
    3. Sam Smith

but: V

14. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Linkin Park will be succesfull. SO or so. It doesnt even matter how they chart, ok #1 is nice and cool for them, but no one can be disappointed if they "Just" chart on #2 or #3. SO i think this is a good quote :lol:

15. LohithMohan

Going by the Billboard article, the sales predictions are speculative based on itunes preorders and stuff like youtube views etc etc. If a larger portion of people actually go to stores and buy the LP record, it would change all that.
    Like the last line says, it's best to guess once the albums are actually on sale.

16. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Regardless if they hit #1 or not, there's no denying 100k+ album sales now days is actually a healthy figure. However, there's really no point in guessing, we'll see when it comes out. I think it will sell less than Lana by a good amount, but I'd love to be proven wrong. I'm buying THP just so I don't have to feel guilty about not trying to help them get #1. While sales don't matter much to me, I'd hate to see them lose that #1 streak they've had for so long (Not counting HT or remix albums).

17. Faker

Faker Well-Known Member

This is the album that all linkin park fans waited for and for so long linkin park went all in with this album no production recording in tape featuring guests guitars drums agresivity hevainess etc in brief this is the ultimate linkin park album and you tell me this gonna sell only 100k copies first week ? what a joke linkin park fan base had never been so hyped for an album as much as this one

18. Blake

Music sales in general are lower these days than they used to be. Like LPxDBZ said, 100k+ (id up it to 150k+) isnt bad in these days.

EDIT: Also, not the entire LP community wanted guitars, drums, and heaviness.

I know a vast majority wanted an ATS 2 but with more further exploration. Some wanted soft LP, some wanted Mike to sing a lot more.

Not everyone wanted what 'The Hunting Party' had to offer.

19. LohithMohan

There are 3 type of LP fans these days

1. Fans that want another HT
    2. Fans that want another ATS
    3. Fans that are happy with anything.

The fans that wanted another heavy album like HT are a bigger number than those who want another ATS. It's why it was such a big step when they decided to let go of the nu metal sound because they were essentially turning away the majority of their fanbase.

So what Faker said isn't wrong. It was hyped up to be a return to their former "heavy" sound although many misinterpreted that as LP going back to nu-metal. In any way, the reason THP is getting better reviews from sites like Sputnik and metalhammer and whatnot is because those are mostly former LP fans who wanted another LP album like HT and Meteora. Heck, just check the comments in Sputnik. Half of them call this "the best thing LP has put out since Meteora".

So going by the hype and the buzz THP generated, it was actually supposed to AT LEAST sell as much as Living Things if not more. But from the sales preview it does not seem to be the case which is really a surprise, IMO.
    Of course people could just be waiting to go and buy the physical copy of this album once it does release.

20. Blake

Well he basically lumped all LP fans together.

Plus ive hardly heard any Hype for THP, but that just might be me personally. But I haven't heard hype for Lana either.