"The Hunting Party" out now in the U.S.!

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Jun 17, 2014.

jdanek630

jdanek630 Well-Known Member

With what - the album, or prospective album sales?

TheRAT

TheRAT Well-Known Member

Idk im very impressed by this album and was VERY shocked a few weeks ago when I learned LT is their best charting album, not that it was a bad album I loved it i just had no idea it did that well. I do think this is some of their best work. I just expected that all of the news that "Linkin Park is heavy again" would bring fans back, and it probably would have if it weren't for internet Leaks, if no one had heard any of the music they would have no choice but to buy the album to see what was up.

gozorninplat

gozorninplat A Person

The album. Just doesn't sound like Linkin Park to me...

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

This just in: Linkin Park has many different facets, fans upset. More at 11.

visioniscary

visioniscary Well-Known Member

maybe they just taste a new genre

gozorninplat

gozorninplat A Person

To be clear, I like all of Linkin Park's albums, I don't care what genre or type of music they make, I've always liked it in the past. I just feel like in this album they were trying too hard to say "Look, we're playing guitars again!" and sort of lost their sound along the way. Just one person's opinion. No more, no less.

TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

My biggest complaint about the album is that it comes off as heavy for the sake of being heavy. The lyrics don't seem to hold any real meaning and were just written to fit the mood of the songs they wanted to craft. I do still enjoy the album though.

TheLPStanFan

TheLPStanFan Well-Known Member

Yeah BID was a pretty big hit it got all the way to #30 on billboard 100 chart. And like someone else said, GATS hasn't even charted.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I think a little problem is CHester a bit , some screams are just over the place. But i can enjoy it :)

Anthony Maroon

Anthony Maroon Well-Known Member

For those who purchased the album at Best Buy, did they have the Deluxe CD Package? It was supposed to hit retail as well as linkinpark.com, right?

I was going to hold out for a vinyl release, but I think I'm going to break down and get both.

Twisted Smage

Twisted Smage The hardest part of ending is starting again.

Finally listened to the whole album today. Like most people, I couldn't believe what I heard was Linkin Park when it finished. I digested that this was and after another listen I can say that this is an awesome album with the second half of it feeling like an artistic hostile adventure. Mark the Graves is my favorite song at the moment for it's melodies and instrumentation. The only one I wasn't instantly a fan of was All for Nothing since nothing has really stuck out about it with me. Overall an 8.5 out of 10.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

The deluxe edition won't be available in stores to the best of our knowledge.

lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

I might get murdered by fans for saying this, but my favorite part about this album is how little you can hear Chester's voice.

*hides*

But seriously, the emphasis on drums and bass guitar (WAIT, LP HAS A BASS GUITARIST?!) really makes this album feel like a throwback to the 90's. I've gone through two listens now (just got the album a couple of hours ago) and so far my favorite song is Mark the Graves. That being said, I also find myself attached to Keys to the Kingdom because it's basically Chester jizzing.

Anthony Maroon

That's unfortunate. This news post detailing the difference between the Standard vs. Deluxe is what I was thinking of. So all the CD+DVD packages, etc. are the basic jewel case version?

If it turns out the deluxe packaging isn't available via retail, I guess I'll be ordering from linkinpark.com.

This is what I get for not pre-ordering this album cycle. :lol:

lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

No, but I did get a $4 discount, bringing the price down to $9.99. Who gives a discount on a product on opening day?

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yep.

We're more or less completely certain that this is the case. The confusion is understandable. The management reps who informed us about these things told us one thing and, then, quickly turned around and told us something else.

Believe me, there are pros and cons to whatever you choose

Anthony Maroon

Gotcha, I figured something like that might be the case.

Thanks for the info! Looks like I'll be ordering from the source again; at least this time around, there's some incentive to paying a few extra dollars on their site.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Grabbed it late afternoon after a few job prospectives. I fucking love the album, but the packaging definitely leaves a lot to be desired. I suppose one could argue that the experience with this release is a resounding, "here's a bit of art & poetry to tickle your fancy, now pop the fucking CD in and turn your speakers UP!"

hi_c21

hi_c21 Figure.21

Would have been great to have an option without the jewel case. The art is outstanding, and the passage/poem at the end of the booklet is killer. Makes me wish I would have ordered the LP.com deluxe, but getting the album for ten bucks was an ok deal.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Got my copy today :awesome:

time to blast this bad boy!